Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? (1137 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? by Alikaxon(m): 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
A thread for students to share their holiday experience. No doubt, alot of students indulged in negative things in the long holiday. There is also no doubt that, some students engaged in something resourceful. For me I didn't realise early that the strike would last this long, I would have invested earlier. But, all things being equall, I was able to indulge into something resourceful even if I didn't start early. I was able to go for workshops; I learnt how to do forex trading, how to print recharge cards, website building etc. All withing a very short period, because I didn't start early thinking ASUU strike would be called off the next minute. What were you able to achieve during the strike holiday? Your contribution. Cheers!!!
Re: Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? by tsleazy(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
Did u just call it a holiday
Re: Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
tsleazy: Did u just call it a holiday
a mandatory one
Re: Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? by Alikaxon(m): 6:03am On Dec 18, 2013
benbuks: a mandatory one
yes, a mandatory holiday
Re: Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? by MissLirusehn(f): 6:48am On Dec 18, 2013
grin
Re: Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? by Kaydem(m): 7:27am On Dec 18, 2013
i utilised it resourcefully....i managed to be the CEO of Sleep-Wake-Eat Enterprises!...what an achievement...isn't it!!!...

Jokes apart, during the strike actions, i was able to add more core values to my life, i attended life-changing Seminars, Driving School, Read Motivational books that spanks the sleeping giant in me to wake from its slumber...with just 5months outside the four walls of the Uni, i began to think outside the box...sometimes i wonder why we go to school cos i noticed long time is being use to gain little things, at the end of graduation you will join the job seekers rat race and later lucky you find yourself in an office recieving orders from oga's at the top!!!...all ur efforts and skills ends up enriching the company financially and its reputation...ask yourself ''what do i get in return'' PITTANCE!!! Inform of salary all just in the name of surviving!!!....(isn't that much more like SLAVERY!!!)...#SelfMadeBoss the way Forward!!!......#above all!...a New Me was created!!!!...all thanks to ASUU Strike!!...the strike was meant for me indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: Students: How Did You Spend The 5 Months ASUU Strike Holiday? by Alikaxon(m): 9:25am On Dec 18, 2013
Kaydem: i utilised it resourcefully....i managed to be the CEO of Sleep-Wake-Eat Enterprises!...what an achievement...isn't it!!!...

Jokes apart, during the strike actions, i was able to add more core values to my life, i attended life-changing Seminars, Driving School, Read Motivational books that spanks the sleeping giant in me to wake from its slumber...with just 5months outside the four walls of the Uni, i began to think outside the box...sometimes i wonder why we go to school cos i noticed long time is being use to gain little things, at the end of graduation you will join the job seekers rat race and later lucky you find yourself in an office recieving orders from oga's at the top!!!...all ur efforts and skills ends up enriching the company financially and its reputation...ask yourself ''what do i get in return'' PITTANCE!!! Inform of salary all just in the name of surviving!!!....(isn't that much more like SLAVERY!!!)...#SelfMadeBoss the way Forward!!!......#above all!...a New Me was created!!!!...all thanks to ASUU Strike!!...the strike was meant for me indeed!!!
seconded. Well said, I couldn't hav said more

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Acceptance Fees / PAUL UNIVERSITY AWKA Admission 2014/2015 Session / Can You Solve This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.