Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (36135 Views)

Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious / Worst Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by cashmania: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2008
Okay everyone I am here to add a bank to the list. Union Bank of Nigeria PlC This bank right here, I have been nothing but lied too over and over again. I did a loan through a forex company through them which was perfectly fine, but this bank is Bogus,

The keep telling me they transferring me funds, and they don't. I had to pay a transfer tax fee, and a I had to pay again to have my account in Nigeria reactivated, because of their stupidity and professionalism. They fired one guy, because he tried to take money from me. I live in the USA, but I have never exp this kind of crap from a any bank. Union Bank of Nigeria PLC, as crossed the line with me. I warned them that their will be hell to pay. I would never deal with Union Bank of Nigeria PLC, because they will screw you ever time the get a chance. Beware there are nothing but thieves that work there. They also said that my transfer would happen guaranteed on Monday 28th and said I was moved to the top of the list, what a lie that was. This crazy thing has been going on now for 6 months. Hows anybody else exp this kind of treatment from this bank. If so let me know, I am dedicated to ruining their reputation in Nigeria, and getting people to switch over to a bank that cares about their customers, Oceanic Bank. Union Bank of Nigeria PLC has proven time and time again, that they are crooks,

So Beware stay as far as you can away from Union Bank of Nigeria PLC. Also do me a favor and past this along so nobody in Nigeria, or anybody for that matter can get hurt like I did,
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by zheroes(m): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2008
thats not a bank! fortunately i dont bank with them, where you looking for a local government council office in an arid region?

most of their staff are so primitive, the mode of operation primitive, dress code primitive, that gives you a clue of what to expect when you do transactions with them. they have good sides anyway which am yet to see.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Kemjisuper(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2008
No be today! tongue
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by UNLEASHED(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2008
So you people still call Union bank a bank??
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by lapagegirl(f): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2008
that is not a bank. it is a no go area for me. i think they are still in 20th century.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by KunleOshob(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2008
Yeah!! They are BIG, STONG AND VERY UN-RELIABLE grin
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by xammy(m): 11:48am On Jul 31, 2008
union what? are u blind? out of 24 banks in 9ja u chooose union? nah wah 4 u.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by sagitarius(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ poster,
While i agree that union bank is f**ked up, I'd like t say that Oceanicbank has its own failures as well. I wouldn't suggest it as an alternative to anybody.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by smooooooth: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
are u all saying their add shld have been , union bank,small, weak, unreliable. grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Mustay(m): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
smooooooth:

are u all saying their add shld have been , union bank,small, weak, unreliable. grin

When last did you see their ads on Tv?
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by cruworld(m): 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ poster i will recommend Zenith bank for you coz when i travelled from Osogbo come to Abuja i have no problem withdrawing from my account grin UP ZENITH kiss
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by neduogu(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
different strokes for different folks.
All the banks in nigeria have their very bad side.
if the poster said 1 of the staff was sacked because of trying to cheat him then their is some sense of sinserity in the management. or what do you think?
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Mustay(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2008
Their services are poor and they just wanna remain ORTHODOX
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by DoubleN(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
Is that one a bank? I prefer to call Union Bank a Safe where you put your money and you can't get it out.Useless,Unreliable,Rude and Incompetent Workers.In Short the list will never end if i go on.That bank needs serious restructuring.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by eudio(f): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
DID U SAY UNION BANK? PLS I DO NOT WANT TO DIE YOUNG.

IF UNION BANK IS THE ONLY BANK IN EXISTENCE, I WOULD DIG A BIG HOLE AND KEEP MY MONEY THERE cool
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Gbosko: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2008
That's one hell of a bank that just blankly refused to modernize. Came to Naija 2years ago and went to the bank with a friend, the queue at the bank lobby was appalling. To make matters worse, the place was as hot as hell becos the bank was running on a small gen that couldn't support the central AC. Twas a very big banking complex but a lot of the staff were acting unprofessionally, and there seem to be a lot of redundancy around while the customers where spending a life time on the queue! I told my friend he must be wacky for sticking with such a horror of a bank. Twas a shame of a bank.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by coopedro(m): 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2008
hmmmmmmmm, i thought i am the only one complaining about Union Bank.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by donugapi(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2008
My man am sorry you have just discovered it. THAT BANK IS F*%$D UP!!!! I personally feel those guys should pack their bags return peoples money and shut down. Infact the only reason they're still surviving is because of the oil companies that use their accounts. In the event that those companies pull their accounts out of there, that bank is doomed. They give customers hell, their staff are 95% igbo, they dress like they're from the 1930s, their banking halls stink, their network is forever down and the list goes on and on,
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by menix(m): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
U guyz re sharing false information,
Unoin Bank from my perspective and most of there customers perspective are the best, strong, reliable, worst bank in Nigeria, tongue
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by eminemkayc: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2008
BUT WITHOUT MINCING WORDS, WHY WOULD A SANE AND MENTALLY BALANCED INDIVIDUAL WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS WHOSE IDEALS AND OPERATIONS ARE COMPLETELY OBSOLETE!! WHY? ITS RHETORICAL BUT NEEDS ANSWERS!!
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Boslo: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
Thre could be a mistake somewhere.I agree they are obsolete but they are not crooks.There was a mistake frm a staff and the person was sacked,That shows they are genuine.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by hbrednic: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2008
donugapi:

My man am sorry you have just discovered it. THAT BANK IS F*%$D UP!!!! I personally feel those guys should pack their bags return peoples money and shut down. Infact the only reason they're still surviving is because of the oil companies that use their accounts. In the event that those companies pull their accounts out of there, that bank is doomed. They give customers hell, their staff are 95% igbo, they dress like they're from the 1930s, their banking halls stink, their network is forever down and the list goes on and on,

you had better find something else to say or short the Bleep up.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by protocol(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
UNION BANK? NAWOO! EVEN AFRIBANK, CBN AND NDIC SHOULD LIQUIDATE THEM. THEY ARE NOT INNOVATIVE AT ALL.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by showbobo(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
the bank should simply be shut down,period.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Allenpowered(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2008
shoo, see the way una run down the street credibility of this illustrious, very on top of wacked bank bank, i don't know anyone who does business with them. maybe my dad, but that was in the '90s. he too well,lets say has seen the light and since moved on,
my dear man, if u need a loan go there they have loads of money (though they might not give yu!), if yu want to transact business go elsewhere,
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by PurestBoy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
eminemkayc:

BUT WITHOUT MINCING WORDS, WHY WOULD A SANE AND MENTALLY BALANCED INDIVIDUAL WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS WHOSE IDEALS AND OPERATIONS ARE COMPLETELY OBSOLETE!! WHY? ITS RHETORICAL BUT NEEDS ANSWERS!!

You're crazy for making such statement, where were these new generation banks when Union Bank was reigning? You need to be responsible when making such statement in public. Do you also mean that my mum who has been operating with this bank for decades is insane and mentally imbalanced? I agree with you that they are not upto standard anymore but going to the extent of insulting there customers is DISRESPECT and please show us some manners even though you have the largest share in Zenith.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by ukukaegbu(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ Hbrednic
Don't mind donugapi. Instead of being objective and going straight to the point, he was talking bullshit. He is one of those that cause problems in this country.
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by nedra: 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ poster
i am a banker but not wt union bank. i must say its not wise postin such comments abt a bank here. its true they are not up to standard, but they will never steal ur money. i must say dat banks like zenith, inter and oceanic are not half as good as they claim to be.
eg: i sent money to my broda who uses oceanic bnk, but it took him a week to get d money. reasons were dat their network was down for almost a week. d system can neva be perfect. pls accept dat
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2008
lol, cant remember the last time i was inside their banking hall, oh shocked the era of the tally card that was when,
they got worse instead of upping their game,
thats life rise and fall
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by Mustay(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
hbrednic:

you had better find something else to say or short the mess up.

abi o - they bring useless sides to it.

protocol:

UNION BANK? NAWOO! EVEN AFRIBANK, CBN AND NDIC SHOULD LIQUIDATE THEM. THEY ARE NOT INNOVATIVE AT ALL.

They have a good capital base - that doesn't call for liquidation na
Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by xheggs(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
nedra:

@ poster
i am a banker but not wt union bank. i must say its not wise postin such comments about a bank here. its true they are not up to standard, but they will never steal your money. i must say that banks like zenith, inter and oceanic are not half as good as they claim to be.
eg: i sent money to my brother who uses oceanic bnk, but it took him a week to get d money. reasons were that their network was down for almost a week. d system can never be perfect. please accept that

good thinking
i support ur settlement
i dont think this is proper

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 by jaymes(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
[size=20pt]UNION BANK? shocked[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Recovers N27.7b From Six Banks For Withholding Tax / Femi Otedola's $350 Million Investment In Geregu Power, Commitment To FG’s Power / Mohammed Indimi & Daughter, Adama Cry At Their Birthday Party In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.