Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Safe Is Sim Card Recycling By Telecom Service Providers? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Safe Is Sim Card Recycling By Telecom Service Providers? (619 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Tab (Sim-card n Wifi)..6 In 1 Combo..114 Pieces Sold!..38k / Landline Desktop Phone Works With Any GSM SIM Card. / 7 Inch Tablet PC With Sim card, bluetooth, For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Safe Is Sim Card Recycling By Telecom Service Providers? by blackface2(m): 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
I was away from the country for about 2years and after I returned I tried using my old MTN Sim card but it wasn't working. I went to the closest MTN office to complain and I was told that my number had been recycled. According to them, when a Sim card stays inactive for 3months, it is recycled and the number is given to someone else. This means that all my correspondents have been going to someone else, including my bank account alerts.
I wonder how security conscious this policy is. The least they could do is inform me by email so I can stop my alerts being that they have all their customer's email following the Sim registration exercise.

(1) (Reply)

Biometric Automated Time Attendance Management Device - N55,000 / Order You Laptops And Phones From USA / MTN Should Be Sued!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.