Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms (1602 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by strangest(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Former Governor Segun Osoba of Ogun State who is also a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has confirmed that he met Iyabo Obasanjo, the daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, during his trip to the United States in September 2013. Recounting his chance meeting with Ms. Obasanjo to SaharaReporters, Chief Osoba said he was in the United States for the 73rd anniversary of the Nieman Foundation Fellowship when he ran into Iyabo, a former senator in Nigeria. The former governor told SaharaReporters he was staying at The Charles Hotel in Cambridge when he had a chance encounter with the daughter of the former president who told him her car was parked in the hotel’s basement parking lot.

Chief Osoba said that, after the meeting, Ms. Obasanjo went downstairs to get her car and then drove him to the offices of the Nieman Foundation Center where he had an event. He said commute took close to an hour, leaving plenty of time for a long conversation between him and former President Obasanjo’s daughter.

Speaking further, Chief Osoba disclosed that Iyabo expressed exactly the same sentiments about her father contained in her letter that was just published by SaharaReporters. According to the former governor, Ms. Obasanjo stated that her father would divide the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) more than it was then after his so-called intervention in the party. He said Ms. Obasanjo also stated that she had no plans to return anymore to Nigerian politics, a sentiment she expressed in the acerbic letter to her father.

Chief Osoba added that, after his return from the US, he met former President Obasanjo a month later at the 80th birthday party of Chief Adedoja Adewolu and told him of his encounter with Iyabo in Massachusetts, including her view of his intervention in the PDP. Former Governor Osoba said he strongly believed that his discussion with Mr. Obasanjo might have prompted the former President to tell his daughter to run on the platform of the APC, another revelation made in her letter.

Former Senator Iyabo Obasanjo wrote an 11-page letter to her father which she sent to Lagos-based Vanguard newspaper. In the letter, she described her father as a liar, manipulator and a hypocrite. She also characterized her father as a wife-beater and abominable father.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/letter-obasanjo-iyabo-and-i-met-cambridge-and-she-expressed-same-sentiments-chief-segun-os

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by greatgod2012(f): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
This Iyabo-Obj letter is becoming more interesting.

However, I'm not surprised that Osoba supported that Iyabo could have written the so called letter, because he is of opposition party, and if i can remember very well, they (Obj and Osoba)are sworn enemies, therefore, he(Osoba) would rather support Iyabo as she seems to be more of opposition side against her father.

Nigeria politics, very dirty indeed.

Anyway, let the drama continues.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by awodman: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Lol...*grabs my popcorn*
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by Boscojugunu(m): 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
space booked
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by Pacesetter2: 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
This is getting interesting.
If she denies writing it,let her go to court straight but I doubt Vanguard will act without verified source. If Iyabo wins...goodbye to Vanguard but if Vanguard wins .....
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by oshyno(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
I have never ejoyed my off days like this one. Letters upon letters to keep one busy. Woke up with Iyabo's letter , took a nap only to wake up with a denial letter by a supposed impostor acording to Vanguard. And now dis one from Osoba.

This film sweet die. OBJ shud nt send assasins to eliminate dat woman ooo. Dat man is a mad devil. If u can sleep with ur sons's wife I wonder what else he can't do.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by gratiaeo(m): 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Am just passing
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by dadebayo1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
2015 game plan... More drama to unfold. May GOD lead our leaders right..
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by Longeria(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
IYABO should be bold enough to stand by her LETTER to her father. Succumbing to family pressure to deny writing a letter filled with secrets only her knows. May be, it's a secret letter that leaked. A season leaked private letters.
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by 99100(m): 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
In other word the said letter is confirmed real. Meaning that truly Obj is not only a hypocrite,a liar,evil but also a failed father.
smh for Obj.
Thank God I never voted for him.
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by Kairoseki77: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by RockMaxi: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
For real if Iyabo didn't write this letter she should do more than denying and tweeting about it but take a legal action against Vanguard and if not she should just come out bold and finish this once and for all.

Or if she truly didn't write this letter, then who did? May be the chief that confirmed her words.... I no mention name oo. lipsrsealed
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by Kairoseki77: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
RockMaxi: For real if Iyabo didn't write this letter she should do more than denying and tweeting about it but take a legal action against Vanguard and if not she should just come out bold and finish this once and for all.

Or if she truly didn't write this letter, then who did? May be the chief that confirmed her words.... I no mention name oo. lipsrsealed

In time. Remember that this letter was released yesterday. If she did not write it, she will spend today conversing with her father's media aides as they craft a response. Before the week is over, we will know the truth.
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by donphilopus: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
Boscojugunu: space booked
What for?? Is it an hotel room??
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by donphilopus: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
99/100:
In other word the said letter is confirmed real. Meaning that truly Obj is not only a hypocrite,a liar,evil but also a failed father.
smh for Obj.
Thank God I never voted for him.
You didn't vote for him, because you were still an underage as at the time of his election.
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by Nairaplus(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77: This is very simple.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1472957_Iyabo_denies_png110eb4ab0b3974486f87c6a8eeafc5bf
If SaharaReporters says she did write the letter, annd she says she didn't, then I think we have a right to believe one of these reports.
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by tomakint: 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
I love this 'Season Film' grin Obasanjo is done with and dusted, if I hear those irritating Agberos chantings of 'Baba o' from those clowns venerating him here again......I will make sure they regret ever saying so! Obasanjo is not to be celebrated in the politicosphere of this great country. He had all the opportunities in the world to write his name in gold but he blew it! Imagine while still alive, his son, Gbenga, blasted him that he slept with his wife and now his daughter, Iyabo, exposed him!
Re: Letter To Obasanjo: Iyabo And I Met In Cambridge... Chief Segun Osoba Confirms by Abugab(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
OBJ has become the tortoise in the Nigerian political stories who is mentioned and features prominently in everyone of them.
OBJ the reoccurring decimal......Chief manipulator

(1) (Reply)

Emerging Trends In Nigeria’s Non-oil Exports / Ahmad Gulak: Fighting Goodluck Is Fighting God! / APC Has Nobody To Field In Adamawa Forth Coming Gov Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.