Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,624 members, 7,823,748 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Another Nairaland Summit - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Another Nairaland Summit (1100 Views)

Nairaland Future Summit : Emceez Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
Things have been awkward the past few days, please state your suggestions and what you think should be done. Thanks.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2008
Contribution mine:

[list][li]I think the (immature kid-) rappers should stop taking battles personal, e.g. name calling sh*t cuz it doesn't make any sense and de-reps emcees[/li]
[li]Still on the point, there should be some amount of respect from everyone - Idk if you were the first rapper on NL or the last. Most especially in cases where you were helped to elevate here, you don't go disrespectin or you won't go far. Trust![/li]
[li]All rappers should make sure that you read properly and understand the rules of any thread/tourny before you post.[/li][/list]

I will list more wen I remember, please drop ya suggestions
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by HYBRIDX(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
@shaz

kini big deal my darling? cool . . . .u really braking my heart cry. . . .u didnt have to close my thread without informing me or at least getting my opinion first . . .but its all good though . . . u's the moderator ma . . . .u can close and open whatever however u wish . . u gots the key kiss. . . .am r just lay back and watch . . . .handle my biz . . . .wasnt doing anyone a favour when i opened the thread . . . . just wanted to bring a little excitment to the joint u knw what i mean . . . . GO AHEAD AND RUN THE SHOW . . . .ITS ALL YOURS wink
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by makavele: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2008
@brid

Kini big deal? The big deal is that the thread was temporarily closed coz' u mis-managed it. You don't know how to judge ppl, and won't wanna learn when they tell u how.

@shaz
Nothing to say! T'was a bad experience in here! I think the Brid ain't mature enough to handle such kinda thang. Never another chance!
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
I hate it when peepz jump the gun, 4 real. But anyways, I need the Admin to somethings before I open ur thread again because, 4 real, how do you expect the rest of the tourny to go with the (ex-)contestants saying the winners have been picked before the verses were posted and stuff. . That's why I started with the 'no freeposting' rule but still, that didn;t curb the situation. Once, I get to the Admin, I'll communicate. Sorry if its pissed anyone off - I'm just keepin it safe.

@Makavele,
You can't decide that cuz he has completed two tournys already. Even if he didn't, you still cant shout down someone who resuscitated these grounds when it was dead.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by makavele: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2008
@shaz
Don't get pissed at me or other netcees! The fact remains that Hybrid can't be reckoned with, Oh! is this how he's managed 2 battles before? The he's crazy! This shit happened cos' he refused to do the POLL thing!
He's forgotten he's imperfect and cannot read lines without googles! And you, his gurlfriend wanna-be, would wanna support him,

@Bolaji
Come out of your hiding place, and let's sweep these 2 kids off NL!
What a shame!
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by JUNIT1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2008
And shaz, please focus more on nairaland, there are times where you hardly online, what time of moderator are you, and please focus more on nairaland and not nigerianhiphop.net.

@everyone
haha you could see hyrbrid was angry, he was just puting those smiles and stuff to hide his anger, sentimental clown.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
@Makavele, don't get insultive with me. You know why? I don't trade em back. . I'm wayyy past it. YOU LOT SHOULD HAVE READ THE TOURNY RULES. HE SAID IT FROM THE START THAT HE WAS SOLELY THE JUDGE. YOU SIGNED UP CUZ YOU AGREED. This is what happens to people that sign contracts without reading through first.

Wonder why Alexpissu wasn't in this tourny? Cuz he read that Hybrid was going to judge the stuff himself and he didn't like the idea. Simple as.

And yeah, i don't think a tourny can be successfully completed now - whether we have sole judges or various ones because there is always a case of d*ck-riding.

On the other tournys, you can check. There was only one event where Brid was said to have been unfair and it didn't count cuz the Afknkngs guy was wack.

And incase you didn't realise, people actually read what you write and a particular raphead accused y'all of being very immature.

@J UNIT,

I didn't put up a poll because

1. People would vote for themselves with various IDs -d*ck-ridin.

2. There's no way you can put up a poll for 5 battles at a time.

3. Hybrid said he would single-handedly run his thing from the start, if you're not running for a one-man show, don't sign up for it. I think edosioo has got her own tourny, go continue there.

Also, please take out that link in the name of Nairaland cuz that is 2nd class spamming - advertising NHH on Nairaland. you can put a screenshot but not a link or i'ma have to remove it. Thanks.

What do you mean what kind of a mod am i? Mods operate on as many forums as possible. Even on Nl, don't you see mods on different topics. And yeah, you said focus more. .

Haha. . you make me laugh. I'm doin my best here and all y'all can do is to accuse me of bein Brid's gf. Yeah, focus. . I see your point. I'm doin ma best. And still, y'all cuss me out for it so what exactly is your point?
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Crude(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
@Shaz
U do somthn on time pls, cos it was really gettin interesting fore the show got murdered. . . . . . .

@Everyone
Temper! Temper!! Take a chill pill fellas. . . . . Let this beef thing go, aiite? it aint no use beefing on each other. . . . . . .Ok. . . . . .U've got em complete element of rap. . . . .Someone might call u wack, remember all the time "Sticks and stones may break ur bone, but name calling'll never pull a strand of hair" Forget it. . . .It's just a net thing, 'twont have the slightest impact on ur future, u got game and ei'thing. . .If ya'll take a look at it the way i do, ya'll see Netceeing should be a game of fun, and anything called game should pop up between two friendly peeps.
If i reason right, Netceeing could only earn us "Game Step-Ups", so why dont we just relax, do our thang in a friendly manner and put reality on our main stuff if we have one. . . . . .We could overgrow this stuffs, it aint right, we should'nt be the reason why Parents tell em kid's "Rap game is deadly & Bloody" Cos had it been it's possible for some of us to come in here wit our lil Handguns or Matchettes, there would've been a real war and enuff casualties would've been recorded by now.
Pls ya'll, let's sit back, meditate and do a rejig. Do i make a sense?. . . . . . . . . .
                                                                                                                Peace. . . . .
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by JUNIT1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ shaz
i'm sure ther's a way of putting a vote where you are only allowed to vote ones, and you would include a poll after every  round, which would mean we would start a new thread for every round.

and what are you gonna do about flowshow's multiple id saga, pls look into it?
and you asked us to brng ideas, i bring it and then you don't admit what you doing wrong, just take every criticsm and try to work on it, please.

and yeah, other moderators on nairaland, but most of the time you on nigerian hiphop. net

and at crude, no you don't make sense, i stil stand that the only way to avoid favouritsm and sentiments is by implementing polls peace
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
What do you mean most of the time, check the hrs I've spent there in total, not even up to 29 hours, k?

And I don't care if Bolaji is Flowshow or Showoff, the Admin has sanctioned him since February by not banning the ID. So sorry, i can't help you.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by JUNIT1(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
why does he get special treatment, how can someone have three id's
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
That's not for me to say. It's the Admin's decision.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
In total, i've spent 301 hrs and 12 minutes on Nairaland. . so 'kini big deal?' Please get ya facts right next time and stop pointing fingers, let's grow up in Nairaland. . it's high time
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by JUNIT1(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2008
and also shaz, stop hating personally on other mceees, sometimes when you give feed back, it feels as if you hate them personally, relax shaz, this is not life, it's just fun, stop taking stuff personally, and it's no big deal, and rap is not about getting HIGH, PLS PROMOTE A RIGHT MESSAGE
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2008
I don't hate anyone, even those that loathe me but here's the gist, you can't help someone elevate if you dont' criticise thoroughly. I went through the same stuff with KJ-L and stuff. . if i'm being laid back ,then, i'd be sentimental which is not good, u'd get?
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by FLOWSHOW: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
look at this silly kids. i thot yall said bolajibroke was the main rap thread problem, now that the dude has been banned since one year ago are we not seeing more of hybrid's chaos backed up by wordsmith comments. u dont know that wordsmith dictates who should win and who shouldnt. hybrid is just a figurehead

@j-unit
why r u harassing shaz, ? leave her alone , she is trying as an mod. for ur information i dont like shaz too , but i respect it when people say their mind to big fools like hybrid , shaz has my respect 4 that.

@all
i think u guys should beg bolajibroke to come back , and u can start by asking mr admin seun to unban him. the dude is the truth in nairaland.
since he left nairaland neva knew peace, bolajibroke number one top dogg, u peoplle shouldnt waste ur time , register for edosioo's tourney now.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by trex007(m): 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by HYBRIDX(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
@shaz

i think its better u just let this cats be. . . . .nuthing u do will ever satisfy them  for real. . .anyways ,u guys know my "p"  . . .its all good with me  i aint mad at anyone . . .if the thread is closed fine (it doesnt pay my bill). . .but that dont mean i aint gonnna keep repping on the rap thread . . .maybe its time i start trading them bars as well . . . .been a while since i battled any netcee  . . .cant wait to do a little battle "all work and no play makes the brid a dull breed"  tongue

keep up the good work shaz. , .been thinking ,since u's the moderator why not relinquish ur title and organise a tourney to keep the rap thread buzzing . . just a suggestion ma cool

@ to all 'em haters . . . .keep hating on the brid . . what can i say undecided. . i gots cash to make grin
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2008
sup peeps

shame sh*t had to go down like this, but da mod gotta do what da mod gotta do.

@'Brid

sup ma nigga hold it down mayne. and if u up for a lil battle,  Malthuss can be yo guest ya dig? no judges just good ol' battle. hit me if ya down

peace!
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by makavele: 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2008
@shaz
Do I look like a 3-months old baby, begging for br**st milk?
Catch ya senses, it doesn't really matter to me if planet Jupiter reads this thread and comments about our immaturity.
I've got a different personae outside the internet, but herein, your suckaz made this go down like this!
Favoritism kills!

@low-breed
Not my business! You can as well hustle dope to make more $$.
Dig me? Push out your battling claws, and be brought down a notch.

@shaz
Keep cool ma'. We all know you ain't da Brid's gurl, anyway, how can we monitor you guys nowadays. Thanks to the "webcam + yahoo IM"; you guys can do your thang in your bedroom, I mean dishing out p****y!

@all
Oops! MY BAD! I need to seal this lips of mine!
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by OldSYNC(m): 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ SHAZ et al

I think the pairing should be according to how netcees register, i.e. it should be serial, not pairing up of netcees that might cause rifts. THIS will indicate that the moderator or the originator of the shit aint beefed by a f**king looser.

Merci, Au revoir (Till next login)
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Wordsmith(m): 2:05am On Aug 01, 2008
@Hybrid,

egoli, ego-freakin'-li!! Splendid idea 'Brid! I'm talkin' about u wantin' a battle 'til all this flowho, junk-unit crap is cleared up. Since Malthus has signed in, i don't joining the fray. It could be a party battle!

So what say you?
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by menike(m): 4:40am On Aug 01, 2008
. . . . . . And this sums up the reason why I quit Nairaland som yrs ago

. . . . As sad as it may sound sometimes, isn't this how Nigeria is ?

. . . . Even in the mist of yaselves some of y'all can't get along n' accept judgment n' hope well for the next

. . . . . . Where I'm from we call it Pathetic n' Absurd . . . . . Gudnyte undecided

@shaz,Word,Hybrid

do yaselves n' myself a favor n' ignore this bastards
. . . Ohh, my bad - Retards is the proper word
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2008
@Menike,

True say. I'm not planning enmity here but what if the ol' rap heads have their tourny and the newbies have theirs separately. Cuz to be honest, you don't see veterans battling on the same level with newbies. And they are makin everything look childish.

For instance, those b*tch-posting now, what kinda vets do they expect to become? Anyways, that aside.

@Hybrid-X,

Erm. . I'ma be thinkin of that and in that case, some people might have to be exempted. But I'ma think of it - coming up after edosioo's one.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by HYBRIDX(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2008
@malthuss

bro whats the deal . . .will cook up a thread reall soon . . . we most definately spar with em bars . . . for real

@shaz

looking forward to that though . . .but in the main time am r cook up a thread for "selected netcees" to spar with em bars. . . .u definately most invited ma . . all work and no battle . . . u knw the rest

@wordsmith

u most welcomed bro . . . .cant wait to spar with u dowg

@menike

bet u i as well . . . .

grabs the mic . . . .(men am a little bit rusty,don this in a long while . . . aint much had to do this in a "quicky" style wink

yeah! i did brake bread/fake cats mad at ma thread/
pussy-cat-dolls wish the brid drop dead/
go ahead hiroshima drop the bomb i aint scarrrrred/
i rep for the oldtymers . .suckers !!. . .had to make that clear/
jerking off fantasizing 'bout puttin a hole in ma head/
hybrids down town cashing mic-cheques/sueezing em teks/
cruising ur block in a drop-top benz/spending more dead presidents/
brids d evil in dis residence,of course/put u on a meno pause/i rap wit no flaws/
yo!! save the applause/ur boys trading em bars offshore/
nuclear exposure when i rhyme/my verse brake ur spine for sure/
like i said in the past/we here for battle/
this is my house/i gots the "C" of "O" and the "title"/
so get on ma dick like em other bleeps do/
do me ,i do u/my lyrics vehemently bury ur whole crew/
yeah am crazy,i got screws loose/u'all rug rats and winnie the poohs/
looney toons cartoons coming through/best admit it kids the brids the truth/

lol . . .
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Pataki: 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ Wordsmith,

Is Wordsmith still on this forum? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nairaland has become so big, I do not even know he is still comes on the forum.

How you bro? Who is Shaz the Mod here?

I ma be back to drop me own lines. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Wordsmith(m): 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ Pataki,

lol, i'm still around, though not often. On hols from school, and i try to visit when i can. I still roam the Religious threads, only olabowale and the likes make it boring, errbody don't visit that section no more. Oh well, how are ye? Been a long time. . .
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
@Shaz
What up with u, so u allow that edosio who aint got no rap credibility to open a "BATTLE TOURNEY".So u encouraging that thing to kill HIP-HOP when we try to revive it ,i bet u only a few will survive it.

See, aint against Hybrid "BEAT DOWN"  don't get me wrong ,he made history with "STAR WARS" we never seen any battle as sucessful as "STAR WARS" we had tight netcees then not now we got more comments than lyrics.

Put a face to this "RAP BATTLE" cauze i see more cripples than leprosy victims trying to kick game.
Re: Another Nairaland Summit by Shaz(f): 7:52am On Aug 02, 2008
@Alex,

If you went through the Beat Down properly, you'd have seen the bone of contention.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Free! / Rise 2 Fame / Orietifokasiba(o4kaa) Has Called Out A Nler For Battle! Game?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.