Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo (1138 Views)

APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi / Buhari’s Cabinet: Tinubu, Atiku Plans To Leave APC? / Jonathan Reconciles With Obasanjo And Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by ceo4eva: 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Abuja- A former Head of State, Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari, said the All
Progressives Congress (APC) was
working on modalities to meet with
former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
He made this known to newsmen in
Abuja on Wednesday after the APC
chieftains met with former Vice
President Atiku Abubakar, to woo him
over to the party`s fold.
“We have the intention of meeting
with former President Olusegun
Obasanjo as soon as he is available
so that we will tell him how we
evolve APC.
“And then, we will ask for his
understanding and cooperation. This
is what we have been doing,’’ Buhari
said.
Atiku, who spoke at the meeting, said
that a strong opposition was
necessary in every democracy to
checkmate the activities of the
government in power.
The former vice president said the
APC was a strong opposition that
would give Nigerians better
alternatives in every election.
“I will consult with my political
associates all over the country and
then make an announcement later,’’
Atiku said.
Earlier, the ACP Interim National
Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, said
that the party was consulting with
political stakeholders in the country
to salvage the country`s image.
“We had worked with you before and
we know you. The country is being
discredited and we feel we should
meet with men of good will to right
the wrongs,’’ Akande said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/apc-woos-atiku-plans-meet-obasanjo/
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Ikengawo: 6:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
APC is putting all of the evil wizards of Nigera's misfortune and making Jonathan the face of a new nigeria because GEJ is cutting ties with their bastards and goblins the way an honorable man would. It's sad because a party that was once famous for fielding men like Fashola is now in the news for seeking men like Obasanjo Atiku Yermia Danjuma and other national parasites

that means if GEJ beats APC, GEJ has beat godfatherism in Nigeria (Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibb, Tinubu)

5 Likes

Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by fijiano202(m): 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Not suprised,its we nigerians that are the mu-mu,later some E-cows we start fighting on behalf this use-less parties as if the Criminals running the parties care abt the masses,if Atiku or Obasanjo now joins APC,wheres the change going to come from? the same set of theives moving from one party to another,i wonder why Nigerians cant act like Spartacus
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Nctrice(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Please God let Atiku n OBJ join APC... And I will worship in your alter all through 2014.
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by JECBOSS: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ikengawo: APC is putting all of the evil wizards of Nigera's misfortune and making Jonathan the face of a new nigeria because GEJ is cutting ties with their bastards and goblins the way an honorable man would. It's sad because a party that was once famous for fielding men like Fashola is now in the news for seeking men like Obasanjo Atiku Yermia Danjuma and other national parasites

that means if GEJ beats APC, GEJ has beat godfatherism in Nigeria (Obasanjo, Atiku, Ibb, Tinubu)
U've Said It All....
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
I doubt this information given by Vanguard. Buhari hates Obasanjo like piece of sh1t. If the information is true, I won't be supporting APC.
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by DAY12(m): 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
payless: I doubt this information given by Vanguard. Buhari hates Obasanjo like piece of sh1t. If the information is true, I won't be supporting APC.

Anything can happen, Remember bro- *This is Nigeria*

Shitz Happen
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by talktimi(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Faaack... I dont want to blaspheme but the APC never ceases to amaze me even after predicting all their shenanigans... FVCK Obj on the sidelines as the next "progressive" grin are you happy now SUCKERS ?
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by fijiano202(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ikengawo: APC is putting all of the evil wizards of Nigera's misfortune and making Jonathan the face of a new nigeria because GEJ is cutting ties with their bastards and goblins the way an honorable man would. It's sad because a party that was once famous for fielding men like Fashola is now in the news for seeking men like Obasanjo Atiku Yermia Danjuma and other national parasites
it doesnt take someone to go herbalist before they know u are one of the PDP e-cows, what Good has GEJ done to Nigeria,you are against godfatherlism but u are ok that GEJ surrounds himself with Niger-deltans and agrees to All Edwin Clark decision,Pls who is Edwin Clark to GEJ? to you people like Wike,Abati,david Mark are Good people right? i dont know why we nigerians like deceiving ourselves
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ds APC members were once in PDP...so wat diff does it make? PDP in another mask. Wnt b surprsd if dey try 2 woo GEJ too. But wait, ds guys r forgettin dat GEJ hz some kd of "unusual" luck. Alams n co can tell beta. Dat hs name really wrks 4 him.
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Sloan: 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
payless: I doubt this information given by Vanguard. Buhari hates Obasanjo like piece of sh1t. If the information is true, I won't be supporting APC.

Payless, I know you quite well on this forum and times like these, you should take a step back before you make such a strong statement of commitment. You as political savvy and astute as you are know that politics is about interest hence the saying no permanent enemies in politics but permanent interests. I doubt you can speak of how much either of those individuals like or dislike each other more than they know of themselves! If you share a house with a man and your jointly owned-house is burning down, and you know you will never have another house what would you do? Let it burn down with all your children inside rather than you both face each other and admit their is a joint-problem and a joint solution could save the house! Remember, no man is perfect and there are several positive things and negative to say about both so I see no reason for you to make such strong statements which you cannot back as FACT. If they hate each other, what would they have when the entire country is ruined as it continues on this destructive path? OBJ and Buhari are surely not perfect but their governments are FAR better than this currently dumboe lame-duck government! If the country burns down, you lose too! Oh, you are in NY or London or some "better" country, how about your parents, uncles, aunts, nephews and nieces who will pay and continue to pay the price of this useless government?

No or little jobs means when you earn you salary, a certain percentage will go to Nigeria (not even for capital investment) but things you know should be basic for even any student to afford where you are! Well, so you can send them a few thousand dollars a year but if BH strikes near home (God forbid) and all of a sudden a dear ones life hangs in the balance only for corrective surgery for only 50,000 dollars cold cash, can you pay for that? Oh you can but now there's no hospital in Nigeria that can handle it and you need visa to the US or any other country, by the time you've spent 40,000, you finally it is too late and the person could not be saved (God forbid). Now I ask, is the pride of not agreeing together of people like OBJ and Buhari (if they can agree on their own accord to disagree) more important to the life of a lost loved one? Now multiply that by 170 M people who also have loved ones, it it worth it still? By all means, democracy is a game of numbers, negotiation, agreement, etc and anyone who does not know that will be going nowhere fast! What is important is to hone down on shared and common interests, give and take where possible! OBJ will not be making an extra naira from this kind of negotiation (not that it stops his current investments from making millions of naira at the end of today) and neither will Buhari be asking for an extra dime from him. Please, look at this objectively! OBJ did a lot for Nigeria but it is sad that he could have done much better AND saved us this current hassle by either grooming really competent people as successors (this is reality of party politics) and if he wanted to stay neutral, let the whole world know and allow the BEST MAN emerge without any manipulations. His "do or die" politics is the cause of this problem and this is why a lot of people are so angry with him.
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Mrhod: 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
i am beginning to wonda if APC is thoroughly d solution we want, bcus it seems we are running into d camp of those we are running from, Buhari pls don't stain ur self wit d people u once speak against.
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by tomakint: 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
This is the reconnection of Tinubu and Atiku grin the combo go sama this time around! Nigerian Politicians are clowns indeed!
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by awodman: 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Up APC!
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Kanwulia: 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Atiku!
Please DO NOT have anything to do with that TINUBU party!!!! TUFIAKWA!!!
OBJ dey for dem underground o!!!!
FLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! kiss
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by redsun(m): 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
grin

They evolved by wooing traitors. Buhari's veil has definitely come off. He is no longer pretending to be a good man by opening dinning with the core traitors of the land.
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by drnoel: 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2013

1000 likes to ur statement. GEJ keep moving don´t look back. 4get all those wizards like OBJ and co from trying to distract u, those are the trials a man should and would face...
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by jmaine: 11:52pm On Dec 18, 2013

Bookmarked . . . . . . cool
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by sheymaziggy: 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mrhod: i am beginning to wonda if APC is thoroughly d solution we want, bcus it seems we are running into d camp of those we are running from, Buhari pls don't stain ur self wit d people u once speak against.
Guy dere us nothing like solution dis z all about competition, nw every one would step up dere game. Good for democracy
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by jmaine: 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Atiku is sure going to join the APC, the wooing nonsense they did today is just their usual media ritual to fulfill all rightoeusness.

More like a soft landing for those heavy weight seen to be decamping . . .No be today . . . . .
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Na wa o!!!
So, Tinubu and Atiku can still be in the same party again

Tinubu and Baba OBJ, to be in the same party again How will both of them look at each other's face.
I remember how Tinubu used to useless Obj and other PDP members then, na wa o! This politics ish sha.
Indeed, no permanent friend or enemy but permanent interest in politics.
So, with this development now, Tinubu and OBJ have permanent and same interest as regards this country.
I laugh in swahili.
God knows, i swear, with this type of interest clash in our political system, i can never be a politician.

2 Likes

Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by talktimi(m): 12:38am On Dec 19, 2013
grin heart break sucks grin
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Brimmie(m): 1:00am On Dec 19, 2013
Same way HopeForNigeria was spreading rumour about Buhari/OBJ meeting?

What's up with Vanguard anyway? It has gone to the dogs?? Highest bidder??

SMHism.
Re: APC Woos Atiku, Plans To Meet With Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 19, 2013
okay, when are they coming to woo Gej also...because it seems that's their national anthem....APC = woo them all

(1) (Reply)

Ibikunle Amusun Campaign With Branded Rice (photo) / FG Terrorizing Osun! APC Cries Out. / Northern Elders Forum: Time For Hard Truths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.