Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

The Bitter Truth About Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bitter Truth About Christmas (1551 Views)

Bitter Truth About Islam, It Growing Numbers And It Headache / What Does The Bible Say About Christmas? / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bitter Truth About Christmas by Maximus85(m): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Christmas is been celebrated all over the world as the birth of Jesus Christ our lord. From a christlike view, everything and anything associated with Jesus Christ should be accurate and true. I'm sure you all will agree with me.
Now the question is:
Was Jesus Christ actually born on the 25th of December? NO.
Did the first century christians celebrated Christmas? NO,
Did Christmas has any Christian Origin? NO.
Was Christmas ever banned in England? YES

According to the World Book Encyclopedia, Early Christians "Consider the celebration of anyone's birth to be a Pagan custom"

Christmas was actually banned in England in the 17th century, in fact anybody who skip work on that day was well dealt with.

Now you may ask, why was December 25th of all other days of the year chosen as the day Jesus was born?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_deity
During the Roman Empire, a festival of the birth
of the Unconquered Sun (or Dies Natalis Solis
Invicti) was celebrated on the winter solstice—the "rebirth" of the sun—which occurred on
December 25 of the Julian calendar. In late
antiquity, the theological centrality of the sun in
some Imperial religious systems suggest a form
of a “solar monotheism.” The religious
commemorations on December 25 were replaced under Christian domination of the Empire with the birthday of Christ.[1]

Why would anyone choose to celebrate the birth of our lord Jesus on the same date the Pagans worship the sun?

The two people recorded to have celebrated their birthdays in the Bible, were there Christians? NO
The first was Pharaoh, Genesis 40:20-22. He killed his Chief baker.
Was Pharaoh a worshiper of God? NO.

The second was King Herod, Mark 6:21-29. He beheaded John the Baptist. The man who baptized Jesus Christ. Was Pharaoh a worshiper of God? NO.

Those were the two mentions of birthdays in the Bible and its all disastrous.

What does Yuletide really mean?
The pagan Scandinavian and Germanic people of
northern Europe celebrated a twelve-day
"midwinter" ( winter solstice) holiday called Yule
(also called Jul, Julblot, jólablót, midvinterblot,
julofferfest) beginning on December 25.

Many
modern Christmas traditions, such as the
Christmas tree, the Christmas wreath, the Yule
log, and others, are direct descendents of Yule
customs. As Northern Europe was the last part to
become Christianized, its pagan traditions had a
major influence on Christmas. Scandinavians still
call Christmas "Jul".
In English, the word " Yule" is
synonymous with Christmas,
a usage first
recorded in 900.
It is believed that the
celebration of this day was a worship of these
peculiar days, interpreted as the reawakening of
nature.
The Yule (Jul) particular God was Jólner,
which is one of Odin's many names. The concept
of Yule (Jul) occurs in a tribute poem to Harold
Hårfager from about AD 900, where someone
said "drinking Jul". Julblot is the most solemn
sacrifice feast. At the "julblotet", sacrifices were
given to the gods to earn blessing on the
forthcoming germinating crops.
Julblotet was
eventually integrated into the Christian
Christmas. As a remainder from this Viking era,
the Midsummer is still important in Scandinavia,
and hence vividly celebrated.

Hmmmm. If I pick a candy from a pit toilet, wash it and give to you, the taste will surely remain sweet, but would you have collected it from me if you knew where I picked it from?

Christmas is celebrated by millions as the birth of Jesus Christ unknown to them they are celebrating a pagan sacrificial celebration of the pagan gods

Sadly, majority of these pastors knows these fact. But why are they silent?
Re: The Bitter Truth About Christmas by TVTKOKO(m): 7:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Op, u're a bigot and a saddist! Now tel me wat u're tryin to insinuate? Atleast Christians knw dey serve a God so why nt leave dem to celebrate him for once without ur useless accusations/perceptions
Re: The Bitter Truth About Christmas by Maximus85(m): 7:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
TVT KOKO: Op, u're a bigot and a saddist! Now tel me wat u're tryin to insinuate? Atleast Christians knw dey serve a God so why nt leave dem to celebrate him for once without ur useless accusations/perceptions Now you're celebrating God during christmas, its no more Jesus. You're sooo confused

Bigot and a Sadist. Hmmm!!! Ok I accept all these cool names. The thread was titled "The bitter truth about christmas" and I'm sure you didn't read before commenting.

James 1:19-21
19 Know this, my beloved brothers: Everyone must be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger, 20 for man’s anger does not bring about God’s righteousness. 21 Therefore, put away all filthiness and every trace of badness, and accept with mildness the implanting of the word that is able to save you.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Christmas by TVTKOKO(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Maximus85:

Bigot and a Sadist. Hmmm!!! Ok I accept all these cool names. The thread was titled "The bitter truth about christmas" and I'm sure you didn't read before commenting.

James 1:19-21
19 Know this, my beloved brothers: Everyone must be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger, 20 for man’s anger does not bring about God’s righteousness. 21 Therefore, put away all filthiness and every trace of badness, and accept with mildness the implanting of the word that is able to save you.
pls try and take correction. Meanwhile if i say God,u should knw i'm talking abt trinity
Re: The Bitter Truth About Christmas by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
Cool story bro after reading this cr@ppy post I look forward to enjoying my Christmas rice and chicken and having a lovely holiday people.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Christmas by Macelliot(m): 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Let me answer your question.
It's as simple as Abc.
A roman god celebration usually takes place on the 25th dec. So when christianity came into existence in rome, the christians decided to wipe away the pagan celebration totally by celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ on that same day.
For example
If Nigeria breaks up, the Igbo decided to celebrate their own independence on Oct 1st, because if Igbo decided to celebrate it on August 5th for example. Whenever the day Oct. 1st comes, students will be saying, "oh! We supposed to be at the stadium doing matching parade now, if not because we have broken in different minute countries."
So, that's it. Hope you understood?
Thanks!
Re: The Bitter Truth About Christmas by Maximus85(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Macelliot: Let me answer your question.
It's as simple as Abc.
A roman god celebration usually takes place on the 25th dec. So when christianity came into existence in rome, the christians decided to wipe away the pagan celebration totally by celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ on that same day.
For example
If Nigeria breaks up, the Igbo decided to celebrate their own independence on Oct 1st, because if Igbo decided to celebrate it on August 5th for example. Whenever the day Oct. 1st comes, students will be saying, "oh! We supposed to be at the stadium doing matching parade now, if not because we have broken in different minute countries."
So, that's it. Hope you understood?
Thanks!

When u want to hide something from a Nigerian, write it down.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Christmas by Maximus85(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Birthday celebration is originated by idol worshipers. You have been doing it like forever so you re not expected to see the truth.

(1) (Reply)

God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence?? / If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them- Pope Francis / Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah Laid To Rest In Unmarked Grave(phtos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.