Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Osun: Giant Strides Continue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: Giant Strides Continue (933 Views)

Pictures Of Fayose's Giant Strides In Ekiti / APC Lauds Obiano Over Developmental Strides / Gej's Giant Strides In The South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun: Giant Strides Continue by LocalChamp: 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
Osun: Giant strides continueon December 18, 2013

BY KUNLE OYATOMI

Last week, the media reported the British Deputy High Commissioner as saying that the State of Osun is a viable destination for any investor who is looking for a safe place to put his money in Nigeria because, according to him, “the State is peaceful”.

The High Commissioner did not stop at that; he said, “within three years of his administration, what the government of Ogbeni Aregbesola has done in terms of infrastructural development and how the governor has been attracting businesses and industries is IMPRESSIVE, PRAISEWORTHY AND BOASTFUL for FUTURE of the State”, (emphasis mine).

For a country now accustomed to negative stories from mischievous quarters, painting the State of Osun in the most unfavourable light, this statement from Mr. Peter Carter, Britain’s Deputy High Commissioner in Nigeria should put the lie to the misinformation and disinformation fed to and promoted by a section of the media.

The truth could not be more clearly stated. What’s going on in the State of Osun in virtually all departments is really and truly “giant strides” in development. However, a vocal minority enamoured of and sated by the miserableness of conditions that Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola met, are getting serious and sizeable media attention as they hysterically demand a return to the status quo created by their People Democratic Party (PDP) friends.

These people live in the past and they have practically lost their legitimacy as “promoters of the good” for at each stage of the Aregbesola revolution every step taken by the governor was viciously condemned, his person maligned and the State placed in the dumps by the opposition party and their surrogate. In fact, many respectable citizens who were misled to buy into the false stories coming out of Osun got a sense that a radical Islamists had emerged in Osogbo who must be checkmated.

That was some two years ago. We had worked as hard as we could to change the pathetic image which the PDP and their friends tried disingenuously to create of the State of Osun. As you read this, that strainous effort is not over, because there are people in high and low places who have a preference for lies and continue to buy into the falasies that PDP and their surrogate tell about Osun. They keep the negative stories alive and they swear by their goddess of lies that Aregbesola is destroying Osun.

Some people, awfully limited in their perceptive ability, call that politics; blind, deaf and unenlightened politics perhaps. When you sit back in the fraudulently acquired opulence of your wealth to tell senseless lies about your own state, or you junket media houses with utterly false stories about how the state is being run, all for the purpose of tarnishing the image of the government in power, in the long run you qualify to be described as a terrorist.

You are in the business of mentally terrorizing your community. That is not politics; it is crime!! But the good thing is that these lies and those who take pleasure in propagating them have not succeeded even in fooling ordinary people in the state who see, hear, feel and delight in the incredible level of progress that the All Progressives Congress (APC) government led by Ogbeni Rauf Aragbesola, continues to make in Osun.

People who know what is happening, whose source of information is not the political illiterates assembled in the opposition party, will tell you that the state is making giant strides. And no less a personality than the British Deputy High Commissioner has said just that. Let the enemies of progress bow their heads in shame. They have eyes to see what is going on in their country but they deny what they see. However, their denial has changed nothing and will stop nothing.

Giant strides in Osun continue. The world is acknowledging it. The people are delighting in it. The streets of our cities tell the story. Business is bubbling. The pace of commercial activities in the last three years has more than doubled. There is no single family in Osun today that is not positively affected by the giant strides which the Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola led government is taking. The scare-mongering of the opposition, the lies of their surrogate, and the evil machination of their supporters from distant lands cannot and will not be allowed to stop these giant strides.

Finally, a word of warning and advice: Those who seek to undo these giant strides which the people of Osun cherish should be prepared to face the wrath of the people. In Yorubaland, they should understand what that means. They should think again in their own best interest.

*Mr Oyatomi is the Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy, All Progressives Congress (APC), State of Osun.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/osun-giant-strides-continue/

1 Like

Re: Osun: Giant Strides Continue by Sloan: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
LocalChamp: Osun: Giant strides continueon December 18, 2013

BY KUNLE OYATOMI

Last week, the media reported the British Deputy High Commissioner as saying that the State of Osun is a viable destination for any investor who is looking for a safe place to put his money in Nigeria because, according to him, “the State is peaceful”.

Governor Aregbesola, we have heard you BUT we WANT MORE! Please! More and more of the better, please! Get on with it, like you've been doing nothing ever since! Keep it going, not stopping, not waiting, not pausing! While at it, think very well of a leader who hopefully is already being groomed and shares even a greater passion, who will be the crowning glory of your work! Learn from good leaders who ruined their legacies with terrible successors - I don't need to mention any names now! Get on with it, tell Lagos the State of Osun is coming to take off its high pedestal and it need to get it going even better, like never before! Let Lagos give notice to the State of NY and CA that we are coming to knock them off their high horses! Tell Ogun, you think you are doing great, well Lagos will make you look like the stone age so you got to bring you A+ game! Oh tell my people in Oyo and Ajimobi, well all your good IGR numbers are good and I clapped for you for 1 minute but now you gotta step up that game! Tell it to Lagos and Ogun your singular objective is to make them your contemporaries at the top (in every way) alone! No single square cm of Yoruba land will be found folding its arms and crying to any government or anyone for that matter! Wake Ekiti and Ondo State up, we need more! Being a state created last night will not cut it as an excuse and Ondo being an oil-producing state will not make it acceptable or a sufficient credential for greatness! We NEED everyone at the TOP!

3 Likes

Re: Osun: Giant Strides Continue by geeez: 7:49am On Dec 19, 2013
It's easy to understand why Osun has the fifth largest economy in southern Nigeria behind the following:

1. Lagos
2. Rivers
3. Oyo
4. Ogun
Re: Osun: Giant Strides Continue by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2013
Hahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahha

when i saw this in punch abi vanguard i know dat silly cowards will put it her bc its from SW but below the same thread is a news about cult gang killing an OOU lecturer but dat wouldnt mek it here bc its not from East or Niger Delta.

We hav accepted our fate here in NL,its urs so woteva u do n dictate in it na una still be d boss as u call d shot.

Check out NL thread to almost 60th page no bad news from SW is there while 80% of bad news were coming from SE while the remaing 10 is being shared by North and ND....
#SaintWests

Lol

1 Like

Re: Osun: Giant Strides Continue by ba7man(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2013
Chuksphil2go: Hahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahha

when i saw this in punch abi vanguard i know dat silly cowards will put it her bc its from SW but below the same thread is a news about cult gang killing an OOU lecturer but dat wouldnt mek it here bc its not from East or Niger Delta.

We hav accepted our fate here in NL,its urs so woteva u do n dictate in it na una still be d boss as u call d shot.

Check out NL thread to almost 60th page no bad news from SW is there while 80% of bad news were coming from SE while the remaing 10 is being shared by North and ND....
#SaintWests

Lol
I see pain behind your laughter.

1 Like

Re: Osun: Giant Strides Continue by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 19, 2013
ba7man: I see pain behind your laughter.

lol it used to pain me when i was new in NL but as the days pass by i noticed its a norm and intentional so i hav to accept it.

Imagine in a forum u will hav threads like-
1Why dont Igbos marry from other tribes.
2Why dont Igbos hav billionares?
3Why do Igbos bury themselves in thier villages?:
4Why do Igbos built mansions in the village but dont stay in them.
5Why are Igbos jews?
6Why do Igbos love money?
7Why are Igbos businessmen?
Very soon we will start seeing
1Why are Igbos Igbos?
2Why are Igbo nigerians
3Why should Igbos be Blacks?
4Why should Igbos eat?
5Who gave them the name Igbos

Lol why Igbos blah blah blah here always if u pple dnt hav sinister motives?
Abeg may we dey go joor but it will only pain me when u tink dat u hav succeded in decieving when u hav failed

2 Likes

Re: Osun: Giant Strides Continue by MCMLXXVI(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
geeez:
It's easy to understand why Osun has the fifth largest economy in southern Nigeria behind the following:

1. Lagos
2. Rivers
3. Oyo
4. Ogun

WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAAAHAAÀAAA!!! grin
My God! This is some funny shet!
I'm saving this comment ooo. This is a keeper grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Politics Of Constructive Criticism / "Make Nigeria A Secular State And Expose B'Haram Sponsors"-owo Anglican Bishop / Fani-kayode Dares APC To Explain Links With B’haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.