Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Full Names Of The Defected Legislators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Names Of The Defected Legislators (2773 Views)

List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Full Names: 22 APC, 9 PDP Senators Emerge Chairmen Of Senate Committees / Don’t Befriend PDP Politicians Who Defected To APC – CAC Prophet Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Clerverly: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
List of members who decamped:

Abdulahi Balarabe
(Sokoto),
Abudulmumin Jibrin (Kano),
Ali Ahmad (PDP, Kwara),
Abudulahi Wamako (Sokoto),
Aliyu Pategi (Kwara),
Ahmed Zerewa, Aishatu Ahmed (Adamawa),
Aiyedun Olayinka (Kwara),
Alhassan Garba (Kano),
Aliyu Madaki (Kano),
Aliyu Shehu (Sokoto)
Aminu Shagari (Sokoto).

Others include Aminu Suleiman (Kano),
Aminu Tukur (Adamawa),
Andrew Uchendu (Rivers),
Asita Honourable (Rivers),
Bashir Babale (Kano),
Blessing Usiegbe (Rivers),
Dakuku Peterside (Rivers),
Dawari George (Rivers),
Gibson Nathaniel (Adamawa),
Gogo Bright Tamuno (Rivers),
Isa Bashir (Sokoto),
Kabiru Achida (Sokoto),
and Maurice Pronen (Rivers).

Also in the group are Sabo Mohammed kastina
, Mpigi Barinada (Rivers),
Mukhtari Muhammad, (Yobe)
Musa Ado (Kano),
Musa Sarkin-Adar (Sokoto),
Mustapha Dawaki (Kano),
Mustapha Mashood (Kwara),
Ogbonna Nwuke (Rivers),
Rafiu Ibrahim (Kwara),
Sa’ad Nabunkari (Sokoto),
Sani Aliyu (Kano),
Shuaibu Gobir (Sokoto),
Sokonte Davies (Rivers),
Umar Bature (Sokoto),
Yusuph Dunari Sule (Jigawa),
and Zakari Mohammed (Kwara).
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Clerverly: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
The PDP is now minority in the House of Representatives

In a historic move, 37 members of the House of Representatives on Wednesday announced a long-awaited defection from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressive Congress, APC, thrusting the APC into the lead as the majority party in a House divided for months by PDP’s internal conflicts.

With the move, the APC leads the House with 175 members ahead of PDP’s 171. The remaining seats are shared by Labour Party, Democratic Peoples Party, All Progressive Grand Alliance and Accord Party.

It is the first time the PDP, in its 14 years of existence, would lose the majority number in any arm of the National Assembly.

Members of the PDP say the APC could only take charge of the House if its members hit 181, basing their argument on the rule that requires a simple majority to take over leadership.

They argue that for a 360-member house, such majority will be above the half mark-180.

The opposition members have rejected that interpretation, which they say fails to take into consideration that the house comprises of other parties, not only PDP and APC.

Early Wednesday, names of the defecting lawmakers were read out by the speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, after which they later took turns for a hand shake with Mr. Tambuwal.

The defection came more than a week after five state governors defected from the PDP to the opposition coalition, APC; after months of failed attempts at reconciling with the presidency and the leadership of the party.

Governors who defected are Chibuike Amaechi, Rivers; Aliyu Wammako, Sokoto; Murtala Nyako, Adamawa; Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara; and Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano.

Defecting lawmakers are known supporters of the governors, and their decision on Wednesday apparently to conform to their principals’, save for members from Adamawa state.

Eleven of the defectors are lawmakers from Kano state, 10 are from Sokoto state, 8 from Rivers state, 6 from Kwara state. One member apiece from Katsina and Bauchi also moved to the APC.

The spokesperson of the House, Zakari Mohammed, was among those who defected.

The lawmakers said they took the decision as a result of the divisions in PDP, troubled by months of internal conflict between seven governors, the leadership of the party and the presidency.

“This action is as a result of the division/faction in the political party that sponsored our election into the House of Representatives,” they said in a letter read by the speaker.

Ahead of the defection, the lawmakers secured a court order stopping the PDP from declaring their seats vacant. Twenty two Senators were joined in the suit, meaning at least that number will be announcing their defection.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151695-update-apc-leads-house-reps-37-pdp-members-defect.html
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by eye4eye: 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
I suspect more coming when Tambuwal swiches to APC. I don't expect Tambuwal to move alone. He will be bringing members with him.

1 Like

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Clerverly: 10:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
eye4eye: I suspect more coming when Tambuwal swiches to APC. I don't expect Tambuwal to move alone. He will be bringing members with him.

You are right, Adamawa, kastina, Gombe, and kebbi members are on their way. That is what i got from one of the defecting members.
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by donphilopus: 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
Many people are still on their way coming!
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Oduduwaisreal(m): 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jona Jona
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Femolacaster(m): 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
This is a serious heavy blow to PDP!
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by chi3280(m): 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
Who cares? They're all crooks! Same old corrupt faces. angry

2 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
PDP was never in control of the House of Representatives in the real sense

PDP lost the lower house the day Tambuwal was elected. Tambuwal was never the choice of the PDP hierarchy

so I really do not see what difference this makes.

The Senate on the other hand is in sync with Jonathan.

All in all this is good for democracy. APC will make inroads winning more states but PDP and Jonathan will still occupy Aso Rock in 2015 - 2019

4 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Kanwulia: 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
May many more be 'defective'!
Amen!!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Tekzyflex(m): 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
My name is missing ooo...
Ferdinand S. George. APC### PDP bye bye
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by lincolnj88: 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
grin islamist moving from mixed crowd to where rascality, terrorism and rebellion is allowed....
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by drnoel: 12:00am On Dec 19, 2013
I don´t see any western or eastern state representatives
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 19, 2013
what the hell is all this bullshitt how does it affect that little almajiri boy begging on the streets of kano or how does it change the fact that jona is clueless and should be sent to study crisis management at Fedral university of ASUU.
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Mylove55(f): 12:32am On Dec 19, 2013
Thank God,jona is out of aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Brimmie(m): 12:43am On Dec 19, 2013
chi 3280: Who cares? They're all crooks! Same old corrupt faces. angry

Who cares?? As long as the move will get rid of that good for nothing fat nose mo'ron in Aso-Rock, then WE PROGRESSIVES CARES!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Crownvilla(m): 12:45am On Dec 19, 2013
mikeansy: PDP was never in control of the House of Representatives in the real sense

PDP lost the lower house the day Tambuwal was elected. Tambuwal was never the choice of the PDP hierarchy

so I really do not see what difference this makes.

The Senate on the other hand is in sync with Jonathan.

All in all this is good for democracy. APC will make inroads winning more states but PDP and Jonathan will still occupy Aso Rock in 2015 - 2019

@ Mikeansy, your analysis/forecast for the 2015 elections tallies with mine 100%. Although I'm not a GEJ supporter, I believe he will sweep the elections and remain Oga at the Rock till 2019!!

1 Like

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by FunnyPikincom(m): 12:55am On Dec 19, 2013
WOW!!!

GEJ Must Present 2014 Budget wink grin grin
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by albiol: 1:04am On Dec 19, 2013
Out of two evils one must be better than the other right now apc is still better than pdp
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by albiol: 1:06am On Dec 19, 2013
lincolnj88: grin islamist moving from mixed crowd to where rascality, terrorism and rebellion is allowed....
u are one of the reasons Nigeria is not progressing are the dudes from rivers also islamists

2 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 19, 2013
That's good, hope they won't come back again.... bye bye
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Psychedelia(m): 1:55am On Dec 19, 2013
Soooo... It's essentially the old criminals who failed to do a thing for their wards while in office, moving to APC.

A quick question, though: Are these men automatically "Progressives" now?
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by markmatics(m): 2:07am On Dec 19, 2013
This is what I call democracy! I wish d senate wil also join in dis massive defection 2 APC
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by dayokanu(m): 2:21am On Dec 19, 2013
ACN support for Tambuwal to become Speaker was a masterstroke

Tinubu is a genius

3 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Sloan: 2:34am On Dec 19, 2013
Kanwulia: May many more be 'defective'!
Amen!!!! kiss

Kanwulia...cracking up NLanders since 1635! grin grin wink How you dey??

1 Like

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Gamji007: 2:50am On Dec 19, 2013
drnoel: I don´t see any western or eastern state representatives
How many non-APC members do we have in the west?
PDP is gradually turning into a regional party.I guess they may merge with APGA to become PDGA.

7 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 19, 2013
Gamji007:
How many non-APC members do we have in the west?
PDP is gradually turning into a regional party.I guess they may merge with APGA to become PDGA.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by uchrikk(m): 4:13am On Dec 19, 2013
Let's wait and see...
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Kanwulia: 5:02am On Dec 19, 2013
Sloan:

Kanwulia...cracking up NLanders since 1635! grin grin wink How you dey??

We dey kamkpeeeee! wink
Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 19, 2013
Clerverly: List of members who decamped:

Abdulahi Balarabe
(Sokoto),
Abudulmumin Jibrin (Kano),
Ali Ahmad (PDP, Kwara),
Abudulahi Wamako (Sokoto),
Aliyu Pategi (Kwara),
Ahmed Zerewa, Aishatu Ahmed (Adamawa),
Aiyedun Olayinka (Kwara),
Alhassan Garba (Kano),
Aliyu Madaki (Kano),
Aliyu Shehu (Sokoto)
Aminu Shagari (Sokoto).

Others include Aminu Suleiman (Kano),
Aminu Tukur (Adamawa),
Andrew Uchendu (Rivers),
Asita Honourable (Rivers),
Bashir Babale (Kano),
Blessing Usiegbe (Rivers),
Dakuku Peterside (Rivers),
Dawari George (Rivers),
Gibson Nathaniel (Adamawa),
Gogo Bright Tamuno (Rivers),
Isa Bashir (Sokoto),
Kabiru Achida (Sokoto),
and Maurice Pronen (Rivers).

Also in the group are Sabo Mohammed kastina
, Mpigi Barinada (Rivers),
Mukhtari Muhammad, (Yobe)
Musa Ado (Kano),
Musa Sarkin-Adar (Sokoto),
Mustapha Dawaki (Kano),
Mustapha Mashood (Kwara),
Ogbonna Nwuke (Rivers),
Rafiu Ibrahim (Kwara),
Sa’ad Nabunkari (Sokoto),
Sani Aliyu (Kano),
Shuaibu Gobir (Sokoto),
Sokonte Davies (Rivers),
Umar Bature (Sokoto),
Yusuph Dunari Sule (Jigawa),
and Zakari Mohammed (Kwara).

Nice development! It's about time Boko Haram members finally embrace the party they're meant for grin

GEJ is really working on reforming PDP! The deluded fools have realized that it's no longer at ease.

2 Likes

Re: Full Names Of The Defected Legislators by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 19, 2013
If APC becomes as PDP then its all nonsense! Look at Osun State, if governor coughs the house will say "sorry Sir!" because they are all from the same party!
I just pray that from 2015, APC will effectively control the house while PDP remains in Aso Rock (or the other way round).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Is From The East / An Open Letter To Rev.stephen Akinola,G.O Redemption Ministries PH / Clampdown On APC Leaders And Loyalists Begins, Hon. Oke ARRESTED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.