Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Advice On The Best Modem In Town - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice On The Best Modem In Town (9289 Views)

Best Modem Right Now / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" / Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by websales: 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
Universal Modem

Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Donsammi(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
Eghosa1: a GLO bolt modem cannot be cracked so no need buying that. I have one right here and its pretty useless as I don't use it for anything. had to get the mtn modem and then cracked it.
what This One sayinq .. GloBolt can be cracked ... u are one of those that depend On imei Dropinq on unlockinq threads
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by stinggy(m): 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
damibravo: Better....Best Modem in a Town like Ogbomoso nko?
Ask Ifa or Orisa-nla
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by olaric(m): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ellemuah: Glo bolt ke? I would advice u 2 go 4 visafone, very fast

Visafone is fast, but it's not economical
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Hero10001: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
JORDAN202: CAN SOMEONE KINDLY GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO POST A TOPIC HERE ON NAIRALAND. I VE TRIED SEVERALLY WITHOUT SUCCESS. TNX
You must have a good sight, understand English land, and pass the course: NL101.
;-)
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Hero10001: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
You can get any of the Naija teleco Modems, e.g Mtn, Airtel, Glo,
& Etisalat nor go buy foreign universal modem o.
Get the latest original/modem from any Telecos centres only.
Don't buy modem on the roads or from any dealers too.
There's no significance difference between 2g, 3g, 4gLTE or whatever.
It depends on the network type in your location & your PC grade.
I'm surfing with Sony Vaio 2GB ram, 2.2ghz with Airtel sim in a Glo Modem with HSPA network!
F'ck 4G.
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by ndidibabe(f): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
JORDAN202: CAN SOMEONE KINDLY GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO POST A TOPIC HERE ON NAIRALAND. I VE TRIED SEVERALLY WITHOUT SUCCESS. TNX
Sir, I do not mean to insult you but you are retarded. Are you really serious about this? You have tried severally and you couldn't figure it out?
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by bjhere2009(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Pls which network is advisable in Abaranje-Ikotun area.I recently bought visafone modem but it's damn too slow,but sometimes a little fast (not veryfast).I also use etisalat and suffers thesame.My etisalat modem has been unlocked,pls can someone advise on the next best network around my area with configurations on hw to use it on my unlocked etisalat modem.you can inbox me.
Thanks
bjhere2009@yahoo.com
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by bjhere2009(m): 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
nekaa: ur location?

My location is Abaranje-Ikotun,pls which do you advice for me?
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by aduhube: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
kekakuz: buyatecno android for 15k
activate the koko
and use the hotspot to browse with what ever
and u also av an android phone with 2
network
the era of modem is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Correct!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so annoying when you see learned people still living a life of yesterday. Why buy modem for 5k when you can get a smart phone with hotspot with 15k?
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by aduhube: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
ndidibabe: Sir, I do not mean to insult you but you are retarded. Are you really serious about this? You have tried severally and you couldn't figure it out?
You're a learner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're so vulnerable to dupe!!!!!!!!!!! You think he doesn't know how to post when you responded to his post?
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by LBanks(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hero10001: You can get any of the Naija teleco Modems, e.g Mtn, Airtel, Glo,
& Etisalat nor go buy foreign universal modem o.
Get the latest original/modem from any Telecos centres only.
Don't buy modem on the roads or from any dealers too.
There's no significance difference between 2g, 3g, 4gLTE or whatever.
It depends on the network type in your location & your PC grade.
I'm surfing with Sony Vaio 2GB ram, 2.2ghz with Airtel sim in a Glo Modem with HSPA network!
F'ck 4G.
Why did you say "no go buy foreign universal modem oh"? What is wrong with foreign universal modems?
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Naziff(m): 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
nekaa: ur location?
Osogbo
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Naziff(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
Agbeke2013: call me on 08036674361, i will sell unlocked glo modem that u can use any sim on it and works perfectly.
Where a you
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by ojxclusive: 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
Mail Item Number RB646018344CN Last Event Detail DELIVER ITEM Weight 0.010 Content Documents Orig. Country CN Dest. Country Mail Class LETTERS (LC/AO) EVENT DETAILS Event Time Event Details Next Office Event Office Dec 13 2013 8:16AM DELIVER ITEM NGYABA Dec 13 2013 8:00AM UNSUCCESSFUL ITEM DELIVERY ATTEMPT NGYABA Dec 13 2013 7:00AM RECEIVE ITEM AT DELIVERY OFFICE NGYABA Dec 12 2013 12:26PM INSERT ITEM INTO DOMESTIC BAG NGYABA NGLOSA Dec 12 2013 8:22AM RECEIVE ITEM AT OFFICE OF EXCHANGE NGLOSA DELIVERY EVENT DETAILS Event Time Event Type Signatory Location Reason 13 Dec 2013 Deliver item GBEMI ALABI YABA 13 Dec 2013 Unsuccessful item delivery Other.. please does it mean that my parcel has been delivered cos i have not received anything yet the address i gave was aba but am seeing yaba
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Hero10001: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
LBanks: Why did you say "no go buy foreign universal modem oh"? What is wrong with foreign universal modems?
Universal modem is a s.hit.
It's not a Naija mobile partner i.e you can't make/receive calls with it..
To those using smartphone wi-fi/hotspot or whatever in place of a modem are easy surfers. I.e(Girls &children to surf thru NL, gmail & facebook)
Modem is for ''heavy internet users''.(Business-men to surf and download anything)
Modems can withstand high temperatures, but N15k chinco Smart phone?!
Oh no..
@OP Go get an Airtel 3.75G Modem for just N3999 with boku bonuses. Fast is not about speed at all. Fast it's an attitude.
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by xtripple: 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Buy any 3g 7.2-14.4 huawei modem, for internet speed, it depends on ISP of any network
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
The Best is Spectranet 4G LTE.
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by Tocheagle(m): 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
Dnt dull urself go for etisalat eazy blaze
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by comradestalk: 9:55am On Dec 21, 2013
made001: Yea Swift 4G LTE is very good in Lagos and etisalat also in areas like Akute, while MTN is good around Ojodu, Ogba, Ikeja...

So your localty is actually the determinant.

I surely would recommend Swift 4g LTE, extremely fast.... infact my former isp have been calling and sending me text msg about how i have not recharged... Wish i could tell them GO AND DIE! grin
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by CHIMSKY(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
Naziff: I want to get a new modem and I don't know the network that is best at the moment to go for, I need your advice. I love the Glo bolt but I still need to seek your opinion.
I love globolt too.Fastest J have ever seen.But why does it finish so quickly.Data hungry modem tinz!
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by CHIMSKY(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
olaric:

Visafone is fast, but it's not economical
Same thing as globolt.Uneconomical
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by CHIMSKY(m): 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Glo Bolt.

I use it to share my internet with my iPad and android..
How economical is it?That glo mifi is amdata guzzler!
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by CHIMSKY(m): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
dabrake: SWIFT 4G LTE.

Need I say more?
Where are you based?
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by chidooh1: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
WHAT'S WRONG WITH UNIVERSAL INTERNET MODEM. pls i want to know!
Re: Advice On The Best Modem In Town by nekaa(f): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Naziff: Osogbo
swift is just in lagos for now.. buh expect them in ur state soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AMD vs Intel: Which Is Better? / How Can I Hide My Ip Address Free Of Charge / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.