Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

I And My Friends Ngo - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / I And My Friends Ngo (1089 Views)

Study Abroad Free From Ngo Money Guarantee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I And My Friends Ngo by Ezinwannem: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hey Everyone! I just want to get everyone’s attention to I and my Friend’s newly created NGO.  BEAM INC. (BRINGING EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE TO MANY) is an educational relief, development and advocacy not-for profit organization whose objective is to provide educational assistance to underprivileged students in Nigeria’s public school system.

It is a newly created and incorporated with the Canadian Govt bearly 2 months ago. Right now, we are planning a fundraising event for September 8th, 2008 in Toronto Canada. We will be delivering our first project in one of the public primary schools in Lagos.

The good thing here is that we will be present in Lagos in december to distribute this supplies ourselves as suppose to giving it to the school authorities. The way it will be carried out is that we will throw an Xmas party for the whole school of about 350 students after which the "BACK TO SCHOOL PACKAGE" which will include a school bag with pens, books, pencils etc inside it for every student.

We are asking generous donors to help.

I am free to answer any questions.

Visit the NGO website at www.beaminc.org to learn more

Suggestions are accepted and appreciated.

Thank you all for dropping by.
Re: I And My Friends Ngo by DeepZone: 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
Nice project. I hope your largess will affect every section of Nigeria?.
Re: I And My Friends Ngo by Ezinwannem: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
Thanks. Yes, it will with time. If possibly get contracts 4rom the state governments/compaines that wants to help with human development in Nigeria. We just started with lagos as it came so sudden. Next year would probably be the East and North. We might tackle it in such a way that public schools would write to us as to why we should help their school. We see how things go this xmas 1st.
Re: I And My Friends Ngo by DeepZone: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2008
Thanks. Yes, it will with time. If possibly get contracts 4rom the state governments/compaines that wants to help with human development in Nigeria. We just started with lagos as it came so sudden. Next year would probably be the East and North. We might tackle it in such a way that public schools would write to us as to why we should help their school. We see how things go this xmas 1st.

You better start with the north, they probably need it more than west and east.
Re: I And My Friends Ngo by toshmann(m): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
i hope this is strictly what is seems to be . . . to help the less privileged. i hope it is not a CV enhancing excercise? i want to believe you guys are doing this from your heart. i have always believed charity should be "hidden" such that only God above will reward the giver, unlike all these cnn/nobel prize/celebrity charities allover the newsmedia.

i wish you guys the best. i wont ask you to send me photos of the event in naija but i'll say this. . . good works are always visible, dont enhance its publication/broadcast. doing so will bring motive into question.

keep the good work and have a good heart wink
all the best
Re: I And My Friends Ngo by lucabrasi(m): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2008
thats a really awesome project,but i think they need more help in the villages than lagos , what lagos or any cosmopolitan city children need more is rehabilitation e.t.c
i with the assistance of some friends here are setting up a mentoring programme and having our fund raising in nigeria next year,we originally planned to start from lagos but discovered thru research that the impact will be felt more in the villages,trust me if ou give 10 lagos kids books without money 2/3 out of them will sell the books for a few quid by the next day,if you give 10 village kids books they will all use the books and it will even benefit ten more, its worth looking into before u get into it because theres nothing as discouraging as not feeling your impact after so much hard ork
Re: I And My Friends Ngo by slimfine(f): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2008
this is a good project and I don't mind donating but make una make sure sey some go reach East side where am from tongue
Re: I And My Friends Ngo by danedrol: 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2009
Nice Project, Keep it focused at implementation stage

(1) (Reply)

If all Post MPCE JAMB screen you out; Highland Tech will admit you. apply now! / Pass Toefl Exams Once With Excellent Grades / Study In Europe's Cheapest Schools: 40% Scholarship For Nigerians !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.