Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,557 members, 7,865,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:34 PM

To Belt Or Not To Belt - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / To Belt Or Not To Belt (612 Views)

Akon Loses Belt To Lagos Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Belt Or Not To Belt by SexyFox(f): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
I remember when I was younger I used to sing but my voice was tiny. So I joined the children choir and observed that their voices was louder. So I started singing with my talking voice and began pushing it so I can sing high key. But lately this singing technique strains my voice. At one time I almost had sore throat. I am currently thinking of going back to my tiny voice which is actually a soprano. The question is should I continue belting or should I go back to my tiny voice.
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Justeenaleo(f): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Try which ever makes u comfortable
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Justeenaleo(f): 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Try which ever makes u comfortable,or u cn use both,but use d one dat strains ur voice less

1 Like

Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by SexyFox(f): 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Justeenaleo: Try which ever makes u comfortable,or u cn use both,but use d one dat strains ur voice less
Yeah, but it wont be loud.
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Justeenaleo(f): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2013
Sexy Fox:
Yeah, but it wont be loud.
Hmm too bad
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by SexyFox(f): 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
Justeenaleo:
Hmm too bad
I think I will just sing normal and apply the belt only when necessary, just as you suggested. This way I will sing safely. Beside, music is not all about being loud.
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Justeenaleo(f): 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
Sexy Fox:
I think I will just sing normal and apply the belt only when necessary, just as you suggested. This way I will sing safely. Beside, music is not all about being loud.
Now u talkin! All d best smiley

1 Like

Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Firebomb: 9:18am On Dec 21, 2013
You have a great advantage, cause you possess a tiny soprano and a modal (main) voice. Belting isn't always necessary, but it gives you an edge when singing ballads and solos. In order to belt, start with your lower registers, then climb the scale. It gives your lungs, diaphram and throat enough room to pitch and sustain your belted notes. Remember, belting has to do with the chestal vocal range, so ensure you put alot of strength into it. Sustaining your notes would help alot. You could as well use your higher range and soprano to make higher notes sound soft and easy, and if possible use your head voice and whistle register to create edge. Last and most important, always exercise your vocal structure and drink alot of water before endeavouring to belt, and if it hurts or strains while singing, stop immediately, cause vocal cord damage is real. With these tips, you're on the right path to vocal splendor!

1 Like

Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by SexyFox(f): 10:15am On Dec 21, 2013
Firebomb: You have a great advantage, cause you possess a tiny soprano and a modal (main) voice. Belting isn't always necessary, but it gives you an edge when singing ballads and solos. In order to belt, start with your lower registers, then climb the scale. It gives your lungs, diaphram and throat enough room to pitch and sustain your belted notes. Remember, belting has to do with the chestal vocal range, so ensure you put alot of strength into it. Sustaining your notes would help alot. You could as well use your higher range and soprano to make higher notes sound soft and easy, and if possible use your head voice and whistle register to create edge. Last and most important, always exercise your vocal structure and drink alot of water before endeavouring to belt, and if it hurts or strains while singing, stop immediately, cause vocal cord damage is real. With these tips, you're on the right path to vocal splendor!
Thanks. This is a wonderful advice.
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Jbluv55(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
Firebomb: You have a great advantage, cause you possess a tiny soprano and a modal (main) voice. Belting isn't always necessary, but it gives you an edge when singing ballads and solos. In order to belt, start with your lower registers, then climb the scale. It gives your lungs, diaphram and throat enough room to pitch and sustain your belted notes. Remember, belting has to do with the chestal vocal range, so ensure you put alot of strength into it. Sustaining your notes would help alot. You could as well use your higher range and soprano to make higher notes sound soft and easy, and if possible use your head voice and whistle register to create edge. Last and most important, always exercise your vocal structure and drink alot of water before endeavouring to belt, and if it hurts or strains while singing, stop immediately, cause vocal cord damage is real. With these tips, you're on the right path to vocal splendor!
Nice and quite elaborate. Are you into music business? Or some Choir/Music Director smwhere?
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Jbluv55(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sexy Fox:
Thanks. This is a wonderful advice.
Its obvious you got passion. Keep the fire burning wink
Re: To Belt Or Not To Belt by Firebomb: 5:42am On Dec 23, 2013
Jbluv55:
Nice and quite elaborate. Are you into music business? Or some Choir/Music Director smwhere?

Thanks JB. I'm a singer/music teacher.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Download New Music: Qdot – Orijin / Wedding Day- Valtzino / Music: DJ Real Feat. Dammy Krane, Skales, Jhybo, Tee Blaq, Small Doctor – Make S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.