Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR (950 Views)

The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by nduchucks: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
Truth is this former President changed the course of Nigerian history by writing the famous letter to President Goodluck Ebele jonathan. Ever since that letter became public, the remaining goodwill GEJ has with the majority of Nigerians has vanished.

OBJ has singlehandedly driven the last stake into the heart of GEJ's second term ambition. There has been massive defection by Reps and Senators from PDP to APC and the PDP is now in the minority in both houses, rendering the opportunity for impeachment, a very real reality.

Obasanjo has started a Tsunami which I do not believe GEJ can survive. If I were close to GEJ or were one of his loved ones, I'd beg him to resign gracefully or agree not to seek a second term.

So for me, Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjọ GCFR is the Person Of Year.

Compliments of the sesason to all.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by simpleseyi: 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
Unfortunately you are right. The old monkey and Owu Monster called Obasanjo is the Man of the Year. Meanwhile, this is not OBJ's first letter to a Nigerian sitting or standing president, OBJ wrote Shagari Shehu, the letter is one of the reasaons why Buhari sent Shagari packing. OBJ wrote Buhari, OBJ wrote IBB when IBB introduced SAP and advised IBB to give SAP a human face. OBJ also wrote the most dreaded Abacha, this letter sent OBJ to jail. All these OBJ letters from Shehu Shagari thru to Buhari, IBB, Abacha and finally to Jonathan should prove to Jonathan's boot-lickers that OBJ is fearless and that OBJ is not just anti-GEJ, but has been writting letters for a long time even to the devil's younger brother called Abacha. Is it for also selfish reasons that OBJ wrote Shagari, IBB, Buhari and Abacha? If OBJ could write military dictators, then it is definitely not a toothless shivering Jonathan that will threaten the war veteran called Obasanjo - "God has rewarded me". Jonathan's boot-lickers should pray that this letter does not send Jonathan to the prison or house arrest the way a similar letter kept Shagari in house arrest and Shagari's co-looters in prison.

Unfortunately, Obasanjo himself is another sad story and on the dark page of Nigeria's history because Obasanjo is one of Nigeria's problems.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
You are either a hired mouth or a f00l. Obj is no saint it is so sad that even an open joke to the whole world.His letter was nothing more than that of a man seeking relevance, a sad case of pot calling kettle black.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by prov1029(m): 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
Man of the year for me is Tunde Bakare. He is clean, no corruption charge has ever been levelled againts him. the only crime he committed was running as vice president to a muslim but we have leadership in CAN who's wealth are so suspicious as we speak. Imagine if we were to ask EFCC to investigate, i could only imagine the curses they would call down from heaven.

A man that rejected 50000 (7 million + naira) dollars bribe from Jonathan. Tunde Bakare would be my candidate if we were asked to vote.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by psucc(m): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
OP you had a very good and sound argument in the opening paragraph. The letter has erupted a gully in PDP and at the same time will spur GEJ to act as a President. But for resignation, impeachment or 2nd term denouncement, it is capital N.O.
GEJ will win come 2015. The forces now celebrating as heroes in APC is so strong and potent that it will destroy it when the time for critical decisions comes. Pls note Kano ACT ONE SCENE TWO.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by ShineIt: 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
The person of the year has to be Obasanjo but Iyabo Obasanjo.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by citizenY(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
@NDU-CHUCKS
.. ITS TOO EARLY O

LET US STOP AT SAYING THAT OBJ HAS MADE A POINT.

I HAVE THIS FÈELING THAT GEJ WILL TAKE A CUE AND CLEAN UP THE SYSTEM AND ENDEAR HIMSELF IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. THIS IS THE BEST OPTION FOR HIM AND FOR US.

OBJ BAGGAGE CANNOT JUSTIFY THE PLATFORM YOU ARE CONSTRUCTING FOR HIM
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by Abagworo(m): 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
citizenY: @NDU-CHUCKS
.. ITS TOO EARLY O

LET US STOP AT SAYING THAT OBJ HAS MADE A POINT.

I HAVE THIS FÈELING THAT GEJ WILL TAKE A CUE AND CLEAN UP THE SYSTEM AND ENDEAR HIMSELF IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. THIS IS THE BEST OPTION FOR HIM AND FOR US.

OBJ BAGGAGE CANNOT JUSTIFY THE PLATFORM YOU ARE CONSTRUCTING FOR HIM

I agree with you. Left to Jonathan he'll clean up the system and right the wrongs but will his wife let him?
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by nduchucks: 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
Abagworo:

I agree with you. Left to Jonathan he'll clean up the system and right the wrongs but will his wife let him?

I also truly hope that GEJ cleans up the system as a result of recent events. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll be able to do so given the facts that election campaigning will start in 2014, the national conference ia planned for 2014, and the PDP has lost control of NASS.

If he can still clean up the system given these realities, then OBJ would have been one of the people to cause that change, so OBJ will still deserve the Person of the year award, as far as I am concerned.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by DerideGull(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I also truly hope that GEJ cleans up the system as a result of recent events. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll be able to do so given the facts that election campaigning will start in 2014, the national conference ia planned for 2014, and the PDP has lost control of NASS.

If he can still clean up the system given these realities, then OBJ would have been one of the people to cause that change, so OBJ will still deserve the Person of the year award, as far as I am concerned.

GEJ must ask Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to resign as the governor of CBN.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by citizenY(m): 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
We seem to agree somewhat. Everyone has some elements of good in him, GEJ should listen to himself and in his best interest, clean up his act . This will involve taking the contents of that letter for what they really are, I think, a call to sanity, forget the messenger.

Taking action in this regard will involve taming his wife, if necessary.But certainly, the stable has to be cleaned and new attitudes must be acquired,and heads have to roll, wings clipped etc.

Sadly, with the flurry of very sensitive national programmes like the national conference, elections in two states and APC on the rise through defections, I wonder if the polity is in a position to absorb/ appreciate the effort before he goes for second term, which has a life of its own.

It is not in his , or our interest for that matter, for him to wish that OBJ corrrespondence away. He should also not allow the trash he has around him to use underhand means of smuggling him back to power or stiffling his opponents.

Time is not on our side. I am very uncomfortable with his deafening silence. It reminds me of the final days of Umaru. A cabal is a cabal and it only works in its own interest. GEJ is once more on the threshold of history.

GEJ WAKE UP!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by Onlytruth(m): 11:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hmm, eh en.
Nigeria, where a blind man insists on being the driver of a ten car train!
So, Jonathan who has been the ONLY Nigerian CIVILIAN president with a democratic style is now being made to look like the problem with Nigeria.
A country where an ape that should be thrown into a zoo is writing letters and some people are giving him attention.

For me, it is a test of leadership balls. If Jonathan wants to be humiliated out of office, let him continue playing "good boy" to idiots with no conscience. I shall abandon him too if I see that he lacks balls to deal with some idiots in Nigeria.
Who wants to support a weakling in a fight of life and death?

I personally believe that Nigeria should not last past the conference, unless minorities have accepted to be slaves in Nigeria.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by nduchucks: 11:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Onlytruth: Hmm, eh en.
Nigeria, where a blind man insists on being the driver of a ten car train!
So, Jonathan who has been the ONLY Nigerian CIVILIAN president with a democratic style is now being made to look like the problem with Nigeria.
A country where an ape that should be thrown into a zoo is writing letters and some people are giving him attention.

For me, it is a test of leadership balls. If Jonathan wants to be humiliated out of office, let him continue playing "good boy" to idiots with no conscience. I shall abandon him too if I see that he lacks balls to deal with some idiots in Nigeria.
Who wants to support a weakling in a fight of life and death?

I personally believe that Nigeria should not last past the conference, unless minorities have accepted to be slaves in Nigeria.

Words of wisdom come from Eze this time. I'm sorry to say that our President is a very decent and good human being, but he is weaker than a weaklin and unfit to rule this great country. His silence since the OBJ letter is deafening. to be honest, if he were to round up IBB, OBJ, and a few more rougues and locked them up, sack 2 or more Ministers who are giving him a bad name and declare a total war on corruption, he'd get my support, your support, international support, and will become a instant hero. But guess what? A weaklin can't do that
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by Onlytruth(m): 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Words of wisdom come from Eze this time. I'm sorry to say that our President is a very decent and good human being, but he is weaker than a weaklin and unfit to rule this great country. His silence since the OBJ letter is deafening. to be honest, if he were to round up IBB, OBJ, and a few more rougues and locked them up, sack 2 or more Ministers who are giving him a bad name and declare a total war on corruption, he'd get my support, your support, international support, and will become a instant hero. But guess what? A weaklin can't do that

Touche! cry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry angry
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by acethean(m): 12:47am On Dec 20, 2013
ndu_chucks:

bro if it was easy am sure he would have done it, besides they against him. They are powerful people with follower throwing them in prison can even result to something worst than B HARM. it has to be done wisdom.
Re: 2013 Person Of The Year - Olusegun Mathew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo GCFR by Onlytruth(m): 12:52am On Dec 20, 2013
acethean: bro if it was easy am sure he would have done it, besides they against him. They are powerful people with follower throwing them in prison can even result to something worst than B HARM. it has to done wisdom.

We all know that he faces strong enemies, but his LAST CHANCE is the coming national conference. He has to make every group in Nigeria account for what they contribute to the Nigerian project, else, he should disintegrate the place so that everybody will answer his fathers name.
I'm tired of being ruled by illiterates whose female literacy rate is 7%.
I want a country where female literacy rate is 98% like in SE Nigeria. Shi ke nan. cool

(1) (Reply)

Citizens Response To Gej's Response To Obj Letter / Imo 2015: Nzeribe Writes Off Okorocha / United States To Test President Jonathan, Aides For Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.