Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages (14843 Views)

How To Stop Mtn Annoying(spam) Messages / How I Stopped Receiving Those MTN Spam Messages / How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by RealAlfranco: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kpomkwem

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by fynb1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
p_kasso: It's really a season of open letters.Expecting An Open Letter To PHCN. .
. Very funny indeed
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by cycline404(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
Do you still receive SMS from MTN
For me capital NO.
With Spam Trap an app by Shimaotech on Andriod
Those there non-sense SMS doesnt come in @all.
For phone call just block there regular numbers.
180 4000
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by chichriso: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
This year is really a tear of "OPEN LETTER".
From Obj to GEJ and
from Iyabo to Obj and
from GEJ to Obj
and
from U to MTN...
Who's next and to whom?
http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/letter-president-goodluck-jonathan.html
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by hayoakins(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Same goes to GLO....dem mad gan mehn

midnight robocall from one useless 571.....
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Dantedasz(m): 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.
Read the small print on the manual that came with your Sim card pack.
They can send as many Spam messages as they like. They covered their behinds very well.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
signed..
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by moyewah: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hello MTN,
I am utterly disgusted by unsolicited airtime-debit action that just occurred on my phone and I need to demand a refund or else you will make me an unhappy customer and an unhappy customer will make a lot of noise about this.

I got a noisy and annoying phone beep and when I checked my phone, I saw this message saying

Want to win a brand new corolla? with an option of a Yes or a No.

I press "Yes" and I get a flash SMS or a USSD message saying

Total cost of last SMS sent was 100.00 and new account balance is 174.35
SMS EOCN OFF to 131 to Opt-Out this message. Text 19 to 4100 for OSHE by Praiz for N

Then some minutes later, I then get a message from 5045 saying

Welcome!Entry ticket 3I7w5d5qcr2
Which is a Toyota model
01A.4Runner
01B.Racer
Send answer to 5045.E.g. 01A
Visit http:///I9oo6o

On the secondary concern, is there a VAS company that owns the shortcode 5045? Is this how people get enrolled on shortcode services without their consent? I just remembered now that a software developer can write some scripts that will send misleading USSD/Flash SMS to certain mobile devices.How does a customer know that pressing Yes or No will result in a debit of a 100naira?
While you deal with this issue, I hereby ask for a refund of my 100naira airtime and to take me off this cunning-crafty scheme to take 100naira off customers without a proper way of informing them and seeking a proper consent from customers.
Please note that if this matter is not resolved, I will be taking this up with MTN. I will have to escalate to some members of the senior management including Mr. Larry Annetts himself.
I can't imagine how many of your 50million subscribers have fallen for this lazy-mind gimmick. No wonder people are porting to Etisalat.

Thank you.

One angry customer

=====================================================
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us at MTN CustomerCare.

kindly be informed that the issue reported below is receiving urgent attention and feedback shall be communicated.

We regret every inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for choosing MTN and have a splendid day.

Best Regards

S#### | CustomerCare Team

Customercare@mtnnigeria.net

Hello MTN,

It appears like you are not interested in refunding my airtime.

Your "urgent attention" seems to have taken 24hours.

I don't your rhetoric regrets.

If you have targets to meet, embarking on such theft of airtime is
just an example of an absolute disregard for your customers.

Well, I think its better I left your network for good.

Farewell, your yellow colours are turning green.

Dear Olumuyiwa,

Thank you for contacting us at MTN Customer Care.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

We are sorry to inform you that the application to refund airtime is temporarily unavailable; work is ongoing to resolve it.
Kindly bear with us as we await resolution.

Thank you for choosing MTN, have a pleasant day.

Dear Olumuyiwa,

Thank you for contacting us at MTN Customer Care.

We are pleased to inform you that the sum of N150.00 has been credited to your account (07061254040) as a refund for credit deducted on 16th December 2013, and for service inconveniences; kindly dial *556# to confirm.

Thank you for choosing MTN, have a pleasant day.

Regards,

L##### | CustomerCare Team

Hello

Thank you for redeeming the situation.

I can confirm the airtime refund.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dis MTN dey craze men, they just send u spam messages for about three times and start charging u.
if u call their yeye customer care, na rubbish dem go dey talk.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
I get nothing less dan 10 spam messages in a day. Deducting money from my credit without my consent for some kind of promo and it's so annoying. It's really sad sad
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by pragmatistm(m): 5:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
@op, not only mtn ooo
both my Glo and mtn do it. let's join hands together to sue them.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by naijathings(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
NCC will not say they are not aware of the inceasant spamming and
scam messages .. it is disgusting but I simply blacklist any new mtn or short code message
so they dont bother me at all
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by losprince(m): 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
and when you call their customer care, you would wait for hours and no one will respond, then they would end the call their self.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by seangy4konji: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thats 2 million offer is very offensive and a way to scam Nigerians..i v complained about this because i even played it for 3 weeks and i purposely did it and the last message was i was gonna be upgraded to a platinum what ever..after3 weeks..i am not interested again yet the messages keep coming...33550,5030,5040,50 naira,100 naira,i did not subscribe for caller tunes,they take the money and even i called my line,i nor hear anything,there is one which come from eaxynet,that wan also takes money...its scam now...they need to be probed and stop taking us for fools because there is nothing we can do.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
And I don't remember agreeing to any TERMS and CONDITIONS when I bought and activated my sim card. MTN and other networks have certainly crossed the line. They need to be cautioned!
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Sike(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
That letter should have been directed to Airtel and not MTN.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by devour129: 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
The worst is when you are expecting important messages like alerts n co . Av got two mtn lines and between then I get up to 35 messages per day.not funny at all. For the past days ,my BBm goes off and on. Mtn respect yourself

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Please provide their email address here so that Nigerians can write them an email and threaten them with a lawsuit. We have over 100,000 active members on Nairaland and if only 10% of us make an official complain, i believe they will restructure their system.

This is so unfair and criminal.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Looking forward to getting that dream job in 2014? Enjoy 7days for free of "Jobs Connect" this Season. Text "jobs" to 38051

That's one of their madness and lot more

COMFIRMED OKAY TO DEAL

Signed
Adesina Abiodun
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Bash92(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
MTN first name na Grade 1 SCAMMER
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Dgoz(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
MTN....................Most Terrible Network

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Swiftboy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Had to call customer care today cos they said I subscribed to a 100 naira per day 2m naira promo that am not aware of. Smh
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by scribble: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
MTN is very annoying...theyre like a cancer...cant stand their customer service line...they give u option to choose to hear promo or not....if u say no, they will give u double promo to listen to....
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Dgoz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
MTN is the major reason why I switch off my phone before sleeping for my sleep not to be disturbed by their SPAM texts. And when I switch on my phone in the morning, I get up to 5 or 6 messages instantly........all useless texts and all sent at ungodly hours of the night/morning.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
psucc: Guy you may treat them the other way cos the hands of our law are too short weak and feeble to grab a multinational company. Just refuse crediting the sim for 2months and see the difference. QED.

The thing is they may not change.. I haven't loaded any airtime on my airtel for quite a long while now, and I keep getting messages everyday, and automated calls every other day.

It's painful.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by psalmdave(m): 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
chelseabmw: embarassed embarassed embarassed
Y the sad face...are u afraid chelsea mite lose todaywink
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Domaro: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
seedsower: The Chairman,
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

If this madness continues, i will sue your telecom company for multiple spam messages, incessant midnight messages, fake promo machine calls, talking trash upon my fully paid caller tune(instead of allowing my callers to listen and enjoy what i have completely paid for)forcefully activating some optional promotional plan and jingles even without my consent, etc.

This ultimatum expires January 31st, 2014.

Be warned.

you have my signature

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Dankarara(m): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
Viewing this topic: Owobo brown, Lopongo , bigl
( m ), malawi101 ( m ), yerima11 , boogiejay ( m ),
Inosenduatall , naijasofamerica( f), Ojo34 ,
omooye1 ( m ), Emekamex ( m ), Cordismaria ,
adlatworld ( m ), sholikay ( m ), korm2me ( m ),
amunstopable and 25 guest(s) so na so I take turn to guest for nairaland?
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Am seriously considering talking to my lawyer about sending MTN a letter to stop disturbing me on my line which i bought with my money, Those guys invades my privacy without permission and i hate it
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Tuntheycr7: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
I beg help me tell them o. They do wakes me up everymornin with their yeye msgs.. Especially from 3050. Plus shey na by force make I do callers tunes ? I never rest from MTN since Mandela passed away.

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by agrovick(m): 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
No be small thing, mtn's own is just too much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IOS Developers Sue Apple Over App Store Fee (monopoly) / Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord / Phone Battery Charging Without Electricity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.