Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland (17041 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / Pictures Of Nairaland Back In 2005 / All these Nigerian Online E-Commerce Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
This subject had been ringing in my head for days and I considered it bloggable. I have been an active member of Nairaland for more than 6 years (far before I even registered on Facebook -2008- and twitter - 2010), and in fact, this is where I first used the moniker Jarus, which is somewhat a brand in cyber-Nigeria now. I have compiled the list of ventures, offline and online, which have used Nairaland either as launching pad or booster in their activities, and are themselves modest outfits in their own right today.

1, NAIRABET (http:///) :
“It amazes me that Nigerians are hoping to make money
online through get paid to read, get paid to click, get
paid to eat and all those nonsense.

As i always say, you can earn a few cents from it but
you can NEVER build a successful online empire from it.

The secret to succeeding online is by creating and monetizing
your own products and services.

Ensure you do the following to succeed.

- Craete your own products
- Build your optin list.
- Promote other people's products for a commission
- Build websites
- Use some adsense
- Buy and resell reprint rights or use them as gifts for your website visitors.
- Advertise your websites continously. And more.

One more thing.

There is nothing like make millions online without spending a kobo
while sleeping. If that's what you're looking for, then online
business is not for you.

The truth is you have to WORK HARD to succeed online. You have
to spend time and some money to run it.

I put in a lot of hard work to create my profit pulling websites like
http://www.akinalabi.com as well as http://www.averagejoeaffiliate.com

Even my jokes website http://www.laughtergalore.com no be joke.

A word is enough for the wise.

All the best.”
- Akin Alabi, Nairaland, October 13, 2006

That comment has all the characteristics of one made by a hustler, if not a spammer. But guess who made that comment 6 years ago? Akin Alabi, now CEO of Nairabet, Africa’s biggest sports betting website. Today, Akin Alabi is a millionaire. So rich is he today, 7 years after that “hustling comment”, that he dashed out N0.25m for Nairaland’s independent charity team, The e-Helpers Network (TEHN). Today, Akin rides a benz G-Wagon worth more than N20million. The petty internet marketer of 2006 is now a millionaire. Akin started from Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
2, INSPIRED AUTO (http://BLOCKED/) : Although inspired_m’s car business seems to pre-date Nairaland , there is no denying the fact that Nairaland auto section sky-rocketed its popularity. His outfit, Inspired Auto, is now a multi-million naira venture and leverages the owner’s popularity in the Nairaland auto section. He was also the one that delivered Linda Ikeji’s recently acquired SUV to her. I don’t think Nairaland can be separated from Inspired’s business success.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
3, NOTJUSTOK (www.notjustok.com) : Notjustok.com is Nigeria’s most popular music blog, highly sought after by even artistes and their promoters. One of the key guys that make this blog tick is Lalaboi. In the early days of Nairaland, Lalaboi was one of the dons of Nairaland music section. Lalaboi, though still retains Nairaland ID, has practically migrated to this blog. I’m aware that lalaboi is not the main promoter of this music portal, but his influence there cannot be downplayed, and the role of Nairaland in making himself cannot be divorced from their success.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
Wey that Akin Alabi boy sef? That guy don chop money sotey im chicks don fat.

I never knew that Lalaboi had anything to do with Notjustok.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
4, JARUSHUB (www.jarushub.com) : Now, that’s me. I have been active of Nairaland since 2007, and subconsciously built a following that made it easy for me to hit the ground running when I decided to float my own independent platform early this year. I am quite known in politics and career sections and could have conveniently opened a portal on either niche but decided to opt for career (any fool can discuss politics). Jarushub (www.jarushub.com) is a product of Nairaland and I thank Nairalanders for making me realize I had such potential. Just 9 months after opening the blog, it was nominated among Top 5 career blogs and Top 10 overall blogs in Nigeria by the Nigerian Blogs Awards organizers, losing to Jobberman and Linda Ikeji respectively (http://nigerianblogawards.com/2013-nigerian-blog-awards-nominees/). Jarushub has gone beyond online, with its first offline conference that held in Lekki in Lagos in September. I also got invite as guest in a ChannelsTV economic and policy analysis programme, due to my activities on the web. Nairaland was my launching pad.

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
5, OMO ONILE LAWYER (http://omonilelawyer.com/land-verification-service/our-fees/) : One interesting feature of this list is that all the personalities involved were/are moderators except Akin Alabi. Omo Onile Lawyer is, too. He started as the moderator of property scetion on Nairaland, going extra miles to verify land claims and all that. Today, like me, he has floated an independent portal, omoonilelawyer.com. His hardwork on Nairaland paid, through insightful advice on property dealing, has now been converted into full fledged business. If in doubt, check his fees (http://omonilelawyer.com/land-verification-service/our-fees/)

Which other one have I missed out?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by AbuMikey(m): 8:58pm On Dec 19, 2013

Uselu Central www.uselucentral..com

UseluCentral is owned by Abu Mikey, he started off a mere NL floor member around May 2013, he was relatively unknown until August 2013 when he gained prominence.

He created his Uselu Central blog, because he wanted to prove to others that blogging wasn't about just entertainment that most Nigerian bloggers have delved into.
Though,the early days of Uselu Central wasn't as fruitful as he had wanted, but bit-by-bit, things turned okay for him.

I've got Big Dreams. embarassedembarassedembarassed

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Jorian1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Make me sef cum find wia make am tru nairaland naw. I de wait to c.Make me sef cum find wia make am tru nairaland naw. I de wait to c.Make me sef cum find wia make am tru nairaland naw. I de wait to c.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Dannylux: 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
Abu Mikey:

UseluCentral is owned by Abu Mikey, he started off being just a member on Nairaland around May 2013, he was relatively unknown until August 2013 when he gained prominence.

He created his Uselu Central blog, because he wanted to prove to others that blogging wasn't about just entertainment that most Nigerian bloggers have delved into.
Though,the early days of Uselu Central wasn't as fruitful as he had wanted, but bit-by-bit, things turned okay for him.

I've got Big Dreams.

I smell ban grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Fynestboi: 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
[size=15pt]mine still in progress and am gonna make it big time.. Lol

campusfuse..com

..*winks*[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by checkdate(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
wow !
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Wey that Akin Afam the anuohia! You banned me on a thread in the politics section were they were talking about a 34year old bride that collapsed. You banned me for responding to a tribalist who was insulting igbos and you left all of them. I opened that thread to see that all only yorubas are posting insulting igbos without their post hidden or them being banned. But you banned me for responding.

I want to use this opportunity to tell you that, since you have decided to sell your soul to devil banning igbos and leaving yorubas, may amadioha and thunder strike you. I have no regrets for my curse on you because, opening that thread istill dont see why i should be banned, why dayokanu and co have been posting derogatory words on ndigbo.

I repeat afam with all sincerity and pure heart of mine, may amadioha strike you. May thunder paralyse that your hand.
Afam4eva:
Alabi boy sef? That guy don chop money sotey im chicks don fat.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Burnaaboi(m): 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
mine is on d way

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by checkdate(m): 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dannylux:

I smell ban grin
WHY !
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by lifestyle1(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by ichommy(m): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
www.emmanuelbabatunde.com

Emmanuel Babatunde here, NL member since 2009. Emmanuel Babatunde's Blog spring up thru nairaland. I also want to thank all NL members starting from Oga Seun, Aunty Mukimuki. I really enjoy NL traffic on FP. NL is my Number one traffic source.

Thank You.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by DankemzI(m): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
I'll be creating mine first of January 2014
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by checkdate(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
with which power supply? Gen?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by misterh(m): 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nice one. The thing is that Nairaland is the most influencial site in Nigeria's cyber space. Hence, the ability for it to serve as a launch pad for other online ventures.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Abu Mikey:

UseluCentral is owned by Abu Mikey, he started off a mere NL floor member around May 2013, he was relatively unknown until August 2013 when he gained prominence.

Nice one Abu...but your shoe no nice kiss
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Why nobody will know your own blog is because you are a born-servant and you will die a servant. See all your mates like jarus that you registered befor them are all popular blog owners and you go around licking some people's azzzzsssess.

I pity your life.
Afam4eva: Wey that Akin Alabi boy sef? That guy don chop money sotey im chicks don fat.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Mina98(f): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
Me self wan make am from nairaland oh because I no go just dey subscribe dey browse and no reward undecided na money I dey use subscribe. How I fit take dey chop my own money from here? Can someone put me through cheesy
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Fecodear(f): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
shocked all these started under the confine of Seun's Nairaland? Wonderful!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Canine1(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Cool..
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by adadadon(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
joined yahoo 2004 MySpace 2006 hi5 2006 facebook2008 twitter 2009 Buh nairaland 2012 where and became active this month hope am not too late sha
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by chucky234(m): 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
jarus dis one wey you dey appear and disappear like willie willie so, anyway how biz, my xmas gift na goat ooo.
I go kill you if you dare fall my hand, I dey wait for my goat ooo.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Ghadafy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
Booked
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by rozayx5(m): 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
abu mikey grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
I don't think Nairabet should be in the list, at most nairaland contributed to an already existing income stream, no be today akin alabi start to make money in ways that seemed bizarre way back 2006. Success digest should have this honour.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by chucky234(m): 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
babyface333: Why nobody will know your own blog is because you are a born-servant and you will die a servant. See all your mates like jarus that you registered befor them are all popular blog owners and you go around licking some people's azzzzsssess.

I pity your life.
what is this one saying sef

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
Abu Mikey:

This guy! U and nairaland una be twins?

grin grin grin grin LMAO at the post below \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by CriminalIbos: 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
[size=25pt]AFAM4EVER AND
OAM4J...WHO BANNED MY
ACCOUNT BEFORE THUNDER
STRIKE BOTH OF YOU NOW[/size]

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wikipedia’s Most Popular Articles Of 2023 / We’ll Give 10 Million Nigerians Free Internet Access – Google / Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.