Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Jonathan And The Other Thieves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And The Other Thieves (537 Views)

EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves / Jonathan And His Government Steal 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Daily - Tinubu / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan And The Other Thieves by esere826: 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
..........it all depends on the definition of corruption

what quite a number of nigerians take as sharp,
you might hear the brits and yanks through their news channels like BBC and CNN describe as corruption
For example, that guy that did the sign language thing during Mandela's funeral,
is what a number of us will laugh at and exclaim: "Badtest guy!!"
However, the western press use him to demontrate the continuous decline of south Africa into the deeper waters of corruptionunder the ANC

So, we do have various and different conceptions of corruption
and in western country standards, Jonathan might be called a thief

But using the generally accepted perception for corruption in nigeria
I do not believe that jonathan can be accused of being a thief
he does not lift a finger to discourage folks around him from stealing
but he his himself a "saint"
Re: Jonathan And The Other Thieves by esere826: 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
Why do i say this?
just like tambunwal alluded to jonathans body language encouraging corruption
so i allude to his body language washing his own hands off it

Also, despite how critisized he his, and how many leaks around him
there has never been a story of him stealing money in the Nigerian way
It is very obvious that one of the ways he has decided to enrich himself without having issues with a future audit
is by frequent international travels. I believe that the estacodes he collects from such travels runs into 10,s of millions
I wont be surprised if the total sum is past a billion now.
Re: Jonathan And The Other Thieves by esere826: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
To further nail my confidence in jonathan's comparative honesty, i believe that if he is lined up with past leaders of states and the country
hw would be closer to the bottom index.
I mean, imagine weighing jonathans personal corruption level against those of folks like Babangida, Atiku, Abacha, Tinubu, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Ibori,.

I am sure for jonathan, the scale would read: "weightless. Please add more points to reach the level of your mates"

*i have not mentioned Obasanjo, because i feel he is a peculiar case. He is unable to differentiate nigeria's money from his. he can easily sign a cheque for a girl to buy a car from Nigeria's Soverieign Wealth fund", and see nothing wrong with it. He acts almot like a baby. The others however, are very concious of what they are doing, and try to hide their acts

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly To Pursue Rivers Case To Supreme Court / Amazing Quotes By Nigerian Politicians / Gov Oshiomhole Badly Injured,Rushed To Secret London Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.