Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching (52018 Views)

Pela Tonye Okiemute: See What Bleaching Has Done To Him / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Rochero(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Is Bio-Claire a bleaching cream?
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Dfavouredone: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
Rochero: Is Bio-Claire a bleaching cream?
yes, for some people.
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Rochero(m): 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Dfavouredone: yes, for some people.
So it can bleach a particular skin

1 Like

Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Pelummy(f): 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Am too proud of my dark skin ................ No bleaching tinz till I die .
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by mustaphagreens(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
sandijey: See as u guys are abusing girls that bleach. Apart from my elder brother, I have not met any man that doesn't like fair skinned girls, most of u if not all would choose a fair skinned girl to marry any day anytime, ! So why are u abusing them? To some people black means dirty and ugly while fair means clean and pretty! That's just the reality on ground!
I think u should just stop being hypocrites. Its their life. Let them bleach if it makes them happy. I would never bleach even though all my friends are light skinned. Some used to be darker than me but now, they all look white. The pressure got to them! As a dark girl, if its possible, don't always go out wiv ur light skinned friend or friends! If u no get strong mind, u will have a very low self esteem. You need to see d way guys dey rush yellow girls. Its enough for all of em girls to keep bleaching!
Am just being truthful cus its what I see everyday. So don't come here and be acting as if they've done something wrong when u guys are the ones adding to the problem!
God bless you my dear, I cherish people who say it as it is and not trying to sugar-coat words to appear too nice online. Nairaland users are fond of commenting just to appear too nice while they practice otherwise in real life. A good reason it is very dangerous to befriend anyone on nairaland cos most are hypocrites!!! Majority of Nigerian men prefer light skinned girls, simple! I have friends, some very rich, others from influential family background and majority of them if not all are dating and married to light skinned girls. I even have one particular friend who can't ever look twice at a dark skinned girl to talk of saying hi to her...he claims only fair girls are beautiful despite my criticisms whenever we are together.

We are not proud of anything that belongs to Nigeria or anything that originates from Africa. We have pushed our women so far to the extent that majority of Nigerian girls of 21st century are just fake: fake foreign hair, fake nails, fake eye lashes, fake skin colour (bleached skin), fake accent to appear civilised and western, fake everything, gosh, its irritating most times and I blame the Nigerian men for this very atrocities!!!

3 Likes

Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by thewarrior72: 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
sandijey:

Check for yourself
grin With what I see in ur profile pix, what u are suffering is not ur dark complexion, but rather ur Oroboness! wink
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
DailyNews: God bless you my dear, I cherish people who say it as it is and not trying to sugar-coat words to appear too nice online. Nairaland users are fond of commenting just to appear too nice while they practice otherwise in real life. A good reason it is very dangerous to befriend anyone on nairaland cos most are hypocrites!!! Majority of Nigerian men prefer light skinned girls, simple! I have friends, some very rich, others from influential family background and majority of them if not all are dating and married to light skinned girls. I even have one particular friend who can't ever look twice at a dark skinned girl to talk of saying hi to her...he claims only fair girls are beautiful despite my criticisms whenever we are together.

We are not proud of anything that belongs to Nigeria or anything that originates from Africa. We have pushed our women so far to the extent that majority of Nigerian girls of 21st century are just fake: fake foreign hair, fake nails, fake eye lashes, fake skin colour (bleached skin), fake accent to appear civilised and western, fake everything, gosh, its irritating most times and I blame the Nigerian men for this very atrocities!!!

May your days be long Dear
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
the warrior72: grin With what I see in ur profile pix, what u are suffering is not ur dark complexion, but rather ur Oroboness! wink

Heheheheheheheheheh! cheesy
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
sandijey:

May your days be long Dear
Amen! And you too, thankssmiley
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by optimism91(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
ceekan Mgazine: Hydroquinone Side Effects

Hydroquinone is the only skin bleaching chemical recognized by the FDA. Skin bleaching creams may have different percentages of Hydroquinone in their compound, but any skin bleaching cream with over 2% may cause side effects. The most common side effect of skin bleaching is skin irritation and a burning sensation. The itching or stinging of the skin should be mild and temporary, with some reddening of skin where cream is applied.

Allergic Reaction to Skin Bleach
Allergic reactions can occur from skin bleaching, and would result in severe burning or itching of the skin. Unlike mild skin irritation expected with application, the pain would be severe and intolerable. Crusting on the skin could appear, as well as swelling of areas where skin bleach has been applied. Allergic contact dermatitis is the medical term used to describe allergic reactions to material in contact with skin. (See Resources.) The allergic reaction would warrant stopping the use of skin bleaching creams immediately, and seeking medical attention if reaction is severe. With allergic contact dermatitis, the allergy should settle down a few days after skin is no longer in contact with skin bleach cream.

Mercury Side Effects
Skin bleaching creams containing mercury should not be used for long periods of time. Mercury can cause poisoning, and mercury in creams can start accumulating in the cells of the body. Too much mercury exposure, or poisoning, can lead to liver damage and kidney failure.

Sun Ray Exposure
Skin bleaching creams take time for full effects and to see results. Hydroquinone and mercury cause skin to be hyper-sensitive to sun rays. Stay out of the sun after skin bleach cream is applied, or wear protective clothing and use an SPF 15+ sunscreen when outdoors. Tanning beds or any type of sun lamps should be avoided during this time.

Peroxide Precautions
Benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, or other peroxide products should not be used with skin bleaching creams, especially when using hydroquinone. The combination of hydroquinone and peroxide can cause temporary dark staining of the skin.

Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Skin bleaching is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding. The cream can get into the mother's bloodstream and travel to the fetus.

Proper Use
Proper use of skin bleaching creams is extremely important, and directions should be followed carefully at all times. Skin bleaching creams should be used temporarily, for no longer than four weeks. Large skin areas, such as the entire face, should not be bleached at once due to the possibility of skin discoloration. Bleaching cream should be applied only to spots that need to be removed or lightened.

Bleaching ain’t a new trend atleast not among ladies. Though lately Men are also getting involved.
This time, the lady in the photo below forgot to bleach
her feet.

OMG! She Forgot To Bleach her Feet.

SOURCE: HERE
This lady did not bleach. She could have been affect with fire/hot oil or hot water. If you said she forgot to bleach her feet, what about the elbow.
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by sophiaskywalker(f): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
Baby mama: You will be threatening news reporters with bodily harm when your knuckles are court evidence grin
na wa o. even big man lyk dat. smh
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by lirusehn(m): 3:54am On Dec 21, 2013
sandijey: See as u guys are abusing girls that bleach. Apart from
my elder brother, I have not met any man that doesn't like fair skinned
girls, most of u if not all would choose a fair skinned girl to marry
any day anytime, ! So why are u abusing them? To some people black means
dirty and ugly while fair means clean and pretty! That's just the
reality on ground!
I think u should just stop being hypocrites. Its their life. Let
them bleach if it makes them happy. I would never bleach even though all
my friends are light skinned. Some used to be darker than me but now,
they all look white. The pressure got to them! As a dark girl, if its
possible, don't always go out wiv ur light skinned friend or friends! If
u no get strong mind, u will have a very low self esteem. You need to
see d way guys dey rush yellow girls. Its enough for all of em girls to
keep bleaching!
Am just being truthful cus its what I see everyday. So don't come
here and be acting as if they've done something wrong when u guys are
the ones adding to the problem!
602 likes
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by Nobody: 4:01am On Dec 21, 2013
Even the royal fathers,the aalafin of Oyo and the awujale of Ijebuland are not excluded in the Tura business

Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by tnktosin(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2013
sandijey: Please dark skin is different from brown or caramel, did u say most of the girls who won mbgn or miss nigeria are dark!!!!! Lol.
Why do u think they keep picking on annie macauly! U need to see the hatred for her in other blogs. They call her dirty and scruffy. All I see is a beautiful black woman, if she was fair, she wouldn't get so much hate. Can u remember vina of bigbrother. People just hated her because she was to dark andthat girl was very pretty. I could go on and on about how being dark has almost become a sin! Am not advocating for bleaching o! Am just being realistic
In Oshiomole's voice "go and bleach". I can assist you in ordering glutathione tongue
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by klens(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
bleaching ain't good for your skin ooooooo. nothing more beautiful than natural. check it up here, hottest selling Tab to rock this season, get our Ainol Ax1 Poseidon quad core MTK 6586, 16GB ROM, 3G, HDMI, with keyboard, leather case, OTG, pen, pouch, etc for only N33000, and w450 Android smart phone, 1GB RAM, 8MP, Quad core MTK 6582 ,supports OTG, 4.5 inch HD, 16000000 colours, 240dpi, benchmark score 17000 plus price so cheap via https://www.nairaland.com/1507902/hot-selling-ainol-ax1-poseidon#19363147, 08108131920 .
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by abbeyty(m): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2013
DailyNews: God bless you my dear, I cherish people who say it as it is and not trying to sugar-coat words to appear too nice online. Nairaland users are fond of commenting just to appear too nice while they practice otherwise in real life. A good reason it is very dangerous to befriend anyone on nairaland cos most are hypocrites!!! Majority of Nigerian men prefer light skinned girls, simple! I have friends, some very rich, others from influential family background and majority of them if not all are dating and married to light skinned girls. I even have one particular friend who can't ever look twice at a dark skinned girl to talk of saying hi to her...he claims only fair girls are beautiful despite my criticisms whenever we are together.

if you are talking about naturally light skin babes, I would have agreed with you, I prefer light skin babe but not the fake ones that messed up their skin with excess use of bleaching cream, I will choose dark skin girls over those fake ones
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by KriTic24A: 4:04am On Jan 08, 2014
Toe_cynne:
Sumone also 4got to bleach her legs

Thats true!!!
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by eliteguy01(m): 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pertaining bleaching guys no rubbish saying all I need is ur comment. When I was a child I was fair bt my parents are dark bt I have yellowish paternal relatives. Wen my kid bro was given birth to he was exceedingly fair as a result of dis we began to use COCOA BUTTER and later got dark and had a rash me as a young boy dnt knw d different bt whenever I travel for holiday I always come home fair. As a result of ds our Family cream was changed to SKIN LIGHT I hope u knw it's not a bleaching cream. Within weeks I began to change bt only me changed infact to my surprise me bro remain unchanged including me dark sis,why did we change our cream it's because of me I always ave a rough face rashes from jan-december . To confirm if skin light bleach I asked pple using d cream dey all said it a normal cream for skin. NOW after dz I noticed dz my face and my chest is more fairer dan my body and I got confused. Den I stop using d cream for my face and base it majorly on other part bt my face retain d complexion bt my hands still don't meet up despite d ratio 12day-3days. Then I began to observed myself more I noticed some differences no1 I'm a fast learner bt a slow reader 2 I can b very cool and very active 3 I think up and down. I also noted dat I ave more pimples on one part of my face dan d other I means seriously and again more hair in one part dan other bt an upright and a sound physique. I believed in myself I don't see any reason y I suld bleach bt now I'm confused cus I knw some girls who are dark bt now very light I got hellish anger when I see dem trying to judge me because of my complexion now I'm thinking of lightening up my whole complexion nd I also noticed dz my sis is dark facially bt ave a very!!! Fair stomach and averagely fair legs bt nobody sees her. U knw wat d darker I get d rougher my face get nw my face is full of pimple I don't knw wat to do because I knw my face will surely get super light if I try to cure with tube. Tell me if u are me Don't be controversial will u bleach d other part or not? I'm still thinking I can't be maintaining d complexion again,I'm into science I know certain things that hurt and how it works. BT I STILL NEED UR COMMENT
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by eliteguy01(m): 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
Did u expect me to agree dat all does Men bleach? when u are wealthy and stay more indoor if u are even dark naturally u will experience some changes because melani is triggered by UV ray wich increÀse tanning I.e skin darkening
Re: Side Effects Of Skin Bleaching by eliteguy01(m): 7:52am On Dec 14, 2016
Sitiratu sindodo I ave knw her up to 10yrs nw a rite from den she has always been a fair girl I won't a say she bleach because the dark will be darker and the light will be lighter. Pple sympathize wen dey see a naturally fair girl getting dark bt get angry wen the say a dark girl getting an inch light wich at times can be due to change of environment WHY?I fair girl leaves close to me her father is fair and he was evn said to b called AFIN in his youthful days her mother is averagely Fair bt while she was a young she was dark and now she is fair and it was more dan perfect bt her knuckles was d only different she have 2 sis who are dark and a very fair bro they all use d same body cream NOTE I'm very used to dem and I got confused because he bro knuckles is very fair if nt white. Things at times might not be d way u ave perceive it to be

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friday Igbegbe Commits Suicide In Warri, Leaves Behind 36 Children / COVID-19 Vaccines Side Effects: Lagos Residents Share Their Experiences / 72 Nigerians Tested Positive For Coronavirus In Guangzhou - China Writes FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.