Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Life Lesson of a Civil Engineer - How to Succeed in the 21st Century - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life Lesson of a Civil Engineer - How to Succeed in the 21st Century (612 Views)

Life Lesson To Learn From Diezani, Mourinho, Pistorius & Audu Abubakar / Life Lesson: The Richest Man In The Society Of Then. (photo) / Nigerians Ranked 21st Most Generous People In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Lesson of a Civil Engineer - How to Succeed in the 21st Century by Appswheel(m): 12:31am On Dec 20, 2013
NOT BY GRADES...
Grades alone don't judge brains neither does A's "acquired" in school fully depict wisdom and intelligence. Wisdom they say is the proper application of acquired knowledge that are relevant in a chosen field of endeavor.

In line with the fore going, i will like to lend credence to an area of life that has been relegated to the background - "Life after School". We live in a digital world but still live in Analogous four walls (Nigerian Federal University are Chief culprits in this category.), we are tutored for 4 years or more on principles and processes that were in vogue in the early 18th century, little modifications have occurred to our school curriculum but a whole world of change occurs on per second basis in the real world.

The world is a global village and unlike the days where we competed against our contemporaries from similar backgrounds, we now compete against the world made up of people of advanced technical status and prowess. Let me cut my long story short by presenting to you what I call "Wisdom for the future through development of career based software skills".

As a Civil Engineer by profession, i will be presenting some must know softwares that need to be learnt and developed to compete favorably in the Civil Engineering profession. I consider myself a novice and open to suggestions, criticisms and corrections as you deem fit. The list is endless but these are a few;
- Orion
- Prokon
- Revit Structures
continue reading http://neeksta.com/discover/it-takes-more-than-good-grades-to-succeed-in-the-21st-century/

(1) (Reply)

Do U Really Laugh Wen U Type Lol In A Chat / Redeemed Pastor Brutally Murdered In Ogun State / Why Do We Blow Out Candles On Birthday Cakes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.