Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Keshi Picks US For Eagles' World Cup Pre-camp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Picks US For Eagles' World Cup Pre-camp (504 Views)

Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Picks US For Eagles' World Cup Pre-camp by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 20, 2013
Super Eagles head coach Stephen Keshi has chosen the United States of America as a preferred camp site for the Super Eagles as he prepares for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, saying the weather is chief reason for his chioice.

Speaking to the sporting press in Abuja at the team's camp in the weekly media parley, the former Togo and Mali coach said: "For me, I will prefer the US because of the weather factor, you know there are cities like Miami and others with similar weather condition with Sao Paolo in Brazil."

He was however quick to add that the final approval would come from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Keshi revealed that top flight friendlies with teams like Japan, Peru and some Major League Soccer teams in the US will put the Eagles in fine shape before the World Cup proper.

On the Eagles' group opponents at the World Cup, he said no team should be regarded as being weak because the World Cup stage is a big leveller for all teams on parade.

"Let no one begin to see one team as weak or strong, because any team that makes the World Cup can play any team, irrespective of history," he said.

He also reiterated that the door of the Eagles is still open to any Nigerian player that acquits himself well between now and the World Cup proper.

"Let me make one thing clear, any player that proves to us that he can put on the Eagles' jersey will be given a chance."

Asked about Joseph Yobo's fate in the team, he said: "Let's do away with this sentiment stuff, Yobo and I speak every time, this thing is all about form and not age, if he proves to me that he can still play, why not, after all in Europe we have had players in their late 30s still playing well."

On the likes of Osaze Odemwingie, he said if they pass his monitoring test overtime, "why not, I'll give them a look-in."
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/dec/19/600.html
Re: Keshi Picks US For Eagles' World Cup Pre-camp by Mamacita007(f): 2:55am On Dec 20, 2013
cfcfan which city is this camp? i wanna stalk the players loooooooool j/k grin grin
Re: Keshi Picks US For Eagles' World Cup Pre-camp by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 20, 2013
Mamacita007: cfcfan which city is this camp? i wanna stalk the players loooooooool j/k grin grin
grin The NFF are yet to decide. It could be one of Houston or Miami.
Re: Keshi Picks US For Eagles' World Cup Pre-camp by MrMac10(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
Miami Florida would be perfect for the team
Re: Keshi Picks US For Eagles' World Cup Pre-camp by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Dec 24, 2013
CFCfan:
grin The NFF are yet to decide. It could be one of Houston or Miami.
Any of the two will do due to the huge latino population and the weather similarity with Brazil.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Brazil 2014 Expressions / Confab: Northern Delegates Fail In Their Bid Disrupt Proceedings / Germany Vs Argentina Goal Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.