Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Is Strong Opposition The Key To Good Governing In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Strong Opposition The Key To Good Governing In Nigeria? (636 Views)

PDP Emerge Strong Opposition Party in Zimbabwe / Do You See Pdp As A Strong Opposition Party After The 2015 Election? / Salisu Buhari Appointed Into UNN Governing Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Strong Opposition The Key To Good Governing In Nigeria? by swagsguy(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2013
Since the emergence of 'APC' merger party as the opposition party in nigeria,'PDP' as the ruling party has being trying rigorously to work diligently nation-wide,to proof that they are better than the opposition party.

Though there is a lot of carpet-crossing from PDP to APC to the extend of that APC now controls the majority in the parliament.

2014 is a year to look up to,because we expect the federal government to perform very well so as to reclaim peoples support at all levels.

Looking at the break-down of 2014 budget proposal I personally give a big 'KUDOS' to mr president and all his cabinet member for such a good budget.

With the present plight of the political administration of Nigeria it makes me conclude that strong opposition really helps in the process of achieving a good and purposeful political leaders.

I actually commend the 'watchdog' aspect of APC ( though I believe all APC members a not saint because its still the same old folks they are wooing as there members) as no individual or group of public office holders will steal, embezzle or mis-manage public money without doing it secretly or not doing it at all because if the APC goons find out that will be an opportunity for them to start a war of word with the ruling party which they(APC) usually utilise very well.

Opposition is an important aspect of govt though we are not practising ''TWO PARTY SYSTEM" in nigeria where opposition party is legally recognise but I think we can actually make use of that aspect so that we can speed up the rate of development in our country.
Re: Is Strong Opposition The Key To Good Governing In Nigeria? by Jorian1(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2013
swagsguy: Since the emergence of 'APC' merger party as the opposition party in nigeria,'PDP' as the ruling party has being trying rigorously to work diligently nation-wide,to proof that they are better than the opposition party.

Though there is a lot of carpet-crossing from PDP to APC to the extend of that APC now controls the majority in the parliament.

2014 is a year to look up to,because we expect the federal government to perform very well so as to reclaim peoples support at all levels.

Looking at the break-down of 2014 budget proposal I personally give a big 'KUDOS' to mr president and all his cabinet member for such a good budget.

With the present plight of the political administration of Nigeria it makes me conclude that strong opposition really helps in the process of achieving a good and purposeful political leaders.

I actually commend the 'watchdog' aspect of APC ( though I believe all APC members a not saint because its still the same old folks they are wooing as there members) as no individual or group of public office holders will steal, embezzle or mis-manage public money without doing it secretly or not doing it at all because if the APC goons find out that will be an opportunity for them to start a war of word with the ruling party which they(APC) usually utilise very well.

Opposition is an important aspect of govt though we are not practising ''TWO PARTY SYSTEM" in nigeria where opposition party is legally recognise but I think we can actually make use of that aspect so that we can speed up the rate of development in our country.

i believe it a feature of a good government.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers, Policemen’s Clash Causes Pandemonium In Minna / Okorocha Must Leave Douglas House By 2015 Ihedioha Deputy Speaker / Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka Is Bereaved!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.