Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,039 members, 7,835,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Corrupt Politicians Defecting Is Welcomed As A Good Development? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corrupt Politicians Defecting Is Welcomed As A Good Development? (583 Views)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corrupt Politicians Defecting Is Welcomed As A Good Development? by MagicBishop: 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
Bogus, Bunce and Bean
One fat
One short
One lean
These horrible crooks
so different in looks
but none the less equally mean!

I had a passive interest in Nigerian politics just like I do with Football these days with the climax of my interest being only stirred when it really matters like in a world cup year or as the case may apply , election year only.

I understand why Nigerians will generally like to have a change and for the sake of democracy change now and then is good but I also know the average suffering Nigeria gloats in the misery of those higher up than them. My point on this matter is that Nigerians should pause and asked themselves if this cross-carpeting is not a waste of valuable time and resources (given the high pay these legislators get) from the main duties at which they were elected to perform.
Nigerians should also ask how partisan politics will affect the smooth running of the house and by and large the day to day delivery of governance bearing in mind the abysmally low value for money they get for the bills passed by the House.

I strongly believe that this generation has been so blind and deluded by cheap politicking that in future, generations will look back and ask if there was nobody to stop all the nonsense. Obviously the press has been so jaundiced that it is not worth reading with newspaper headlines looking more like personal facebook posts of politicians fighting themselves. There is no real discourse or content and the polity is being artificially heated by the feuds and power struggles of greedy corrupt politicians.

So my question to you is ; what is to celebrate about defecting corrupt politicians whose cross-carpeting is not in the National interest but merely to serve their GodFathers and their personal career?
Re: Corrupt Politicians Defecting Is Welcomed As A Good Development? by solomon111(m): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Re: Corrupt Politicians Defecting Is Welcomed As A Good Development? by MagicBishop: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nobody?

(1) (Reply)

Free Hosting - 2GB Space, 100GB Traffic / APC Will Never Take Over Nigeria From PDP- Metuh / 100 Things Abt Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.