Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers (2934 Views)

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Zaria Killings: El-rufai Bans Shi’ites, Others From Blocking Roads / Fashola Condemns Blocking Of Major Roads During Dame Patience's Visit To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Undilutedfact: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
Why do Muslims block roads for prayers?
Just travelling from Kano to Jos and on getting to Saminaka, the road was blocked for Juma'at prayers....a federal road for that matter...
These happens in many places in the country...
Is this fair?
Will such prayers be received by God I.e if at all prayers are?
What if there's an emergency and some one needs to be rushed to the hospital?
Isn't this selfishness or even nuisance?

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by dejt4u(m): 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Undilutedfact: 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Mynd44: 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
Take it up with the government officials who grant them permit not the worshippers

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by macof(m): 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
That Completely Not A good thing cause it's a city and the roads are used by non-muslims who don't find Joy in that

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by DerideGull(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Undilutedfact: Why do Muslims block roads for prayers?
Just travelling from Kano to Jos and on getting to Saminaka, the road was blocked for Juma'at prayers....a federal road for that matter...
These happens in many places in the country...
Is this fair?
Will such prayers be received by God I.e if at all prayers are?
What if there's an emergency and some one needs to be rushed to the hospital?
Isn't this selfishness or even nuisance?

The action of blocking roods during prayers by Muslim is one of the ills derived from the culture of impunity. I hope you and fore-bearers did not help in creating this recklessness in 1967.
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by sluggers: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Go and ask Adeboye who blocks Ibadan Expressway from Saturdays to Sundays. F00list religious bigot you are!

15 Likes

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Undilutedfact: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
sluggers: Go and ask Adeboye who blocks Ibadan Expressway from Saturdays to Sundays. F00list religious bigot you are!

Clever non-bigot.....so it's a good thing?
Does your monkey mind tell you that the country only consists of Muslims and Christians....you have complains about Adebayo create a post...this one is about muslims blocking roads for prayers

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by juman(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hmmmmm

One nigeria problem.
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by sluggers: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
Undilutedfact:

Does your monkey mind tell you that the country only consists of Muslims and Christians....you have complains about Adebayo create a post...this one is about muslims blocking roads for prayers

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by juman(m): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
Undilutedfact:

Government also need to do something on usual "blocking" of Lagos-Ibadan road.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by hybridtm(m): 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
Guy na foolishness ..dey do dem
pls Undilutedfact...guy only contribute wen u hv sometin reasonable 2 say
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by MagicBishop: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
They do it on purpose to start a fight.

Having been to Kano, I witnessed first hand the level of aggressiveness these people have when they want to worship their god.

In Sabo-Garri there is a small mosque that attracts moslems from far and wide from Kano, not because of what their mullah preaches but because on that same street in this christian and southern dominated part of town there are also a lot of churches. The Moslem worshipers block the roads leading to the mosque using it as a praying ground after which they slowly disperse with angry expressions.

It is obvious they are spoiling for an opportunity to engage the Christians in this part of town.

The residents have come to know their agenda and aim and generally IGNORE and tolerate them.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by juman(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
Magic Bishop: They do it on purpose to start a fight.

Having been to Kano, I witnessed first hand the level of aggressiveness these people have when they want to worship their god.

In Sabo-Garri there is a small mosque that attracts moslems from far and wide from Kano, not because of what their mullah preaches but because on that same street in this christian and southern dominated part of town there are also a lot of churches. The Moslem worshipers block the roads leading to the mosque using it as a praying ground after which they slowly disperse with angry expressions.

It is obvious they are spoiling for an opportunity to engage the Christians in this part of town.

The residents have come to know their agenda and aim and generally IGNORE and tolerate them.

You are wrong.

Even in kwara there are blocking of roads to pray on fridays at some places near some mosques.

Well its not good enough. One nigeria problem.
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by MagicBishop: 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
juman:

You are wrong.

Even in kwara there are blocking of roads to pray on fridays at some places near some mosques.

Well its not good enough. One nigeria problem.

Another reason is the self -righteous behavior.

Them won pray for morning we no go hear word, Jumat service most hold on the street and everybody should be aware that they are on fasting.

If you ask me Moslems are self-righteous beings who like to claim a holier than thou opinion of themselves when we all know that's all pure rubbish

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Abagworo(m): 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
Why can't you people tolerate other people's religion and tribe. This is really getting out of hands. Very soon the Moslems will start calling for a change in working days to start from Sunday and end Thursday.
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by MagicBishop: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: Why can't you people tolerate other people's religion and tribe. This is really getting out of hands. Very soon the Moslems will start calling for a change in working days to start from Sunday and end Thursday.

The State of Osun under Rauf Odenni himself will soon revert to the Islamic Calender since they now celebrate the beginning of the Islamic New Year as a public holiday.

I won't be suprised come 2015 when Arewa Caliphate is formed and Sunday is declared as a working day with Friday as the start if the weekend.

Arewa Caliphate will include most of what is the SW by the way.
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by MagicBishop: 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Mynd_44: Take it up with the government officials who grant them permit not the worshippers

Which government official will grant anybody to use public roads as a prayer ground?

Maybe the same government that liscense them to r@pe and kill innocent people in the name of their god allah
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by yemi2plus(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
Magic Bishop:
Maybe the same government that liscense them to r@pe and kill innocent people in the name of their god allah

Shut up son.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by MagicBishop: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
yemi2plus:
Shut up son.

NOW YOU SHUT UP!
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: Why can't you people tolerate other people's religion and tribe. This is really getting out of hands. Very soon the Moslems will start calling for a change in working days to start from Sunday and end Thursday.

You work too hard to bé liked by all and regarded as a liberal free thinker but u end up exposing ur mind boggling stupidity. What has blocking the road got to do with tolerance? Your views are always so irritating

6 Likes

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by MagicBishop: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
wingman:

You work too hard to bé liked by all and regarded as a liberal free thinker but u end up exposing ur mind boggling stupidity. What has blocking the road got to do with tolerance? Your views are always so irritating

Just like we are supposed to tolerate their Jihad antics and infidel throat slashing
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by simpleseyi: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
I am a muslim, proud and arrogant. I don't give a damn what you think about me. I don't report to you, I am answerable to Allah alone. So, for all I care, you can "GO and DIE"

However, it is very wrong to close or block a public road. It does not matter whether it is the muslims, christians or idol worshippers. This craziness has to stop. Imaging if someone needs urgent medical attention and the only road to the hospital is blocked, what happens to the sick person? There is no record in the Hadiths that Prophet Mohammed (SAW) blocked or closed a public road for prayers neither is there any record in the Bible that Jesus (AWS) blocked or closed a public road for any reason whatsoever.

Several public roads are closed mostly on Fridays for Jummat prayers which ought to take place in the mosque and not on the road. There has also been several reports of suffering by people on Lagos-Ibadan expressway because of the activities of churches on the road. Also, some traditional religion adherents stop people from moving freely especially in some traditional areas of Lagos like Ikorodu, Epe, Oniru e.t.c. during their festivals. These traditional religion followers inconvenient everyone who is not armed because they will not stop armed personnel from passing for fear of accidental discharge. You can't be using God's (or idols') name to inconvenient everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by simpleseyi: 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
Magic Bishop:

The State of Osun under Rauf Odenni himself will soon revert to the Islamic Calender since they now celebrate the beginning of the Islamic New Year as a public holiday.

[s]I won't be suprised come 2015 when Arewa Caliphate is formed and Sunday is declared as a working day with Friday as the start if the weekend.[/s]

Arewa Caliphate will include most of what is the SW by the way.

Sunday is a working day in Israel, while Friday is half work day. Ask Google.
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by yemi2plus(m): 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
simpleseyi: I am a muslim, proud and arrogant. I don't give a damn what you think about me. I don't report to you, I am answerable to Allah alone. So, for all I care, you can "GO and DIE"

However, it is very wrong to close or block a public road. It does not matter whether it is the muslims, christians or idol worshippers. This craziness has to stop. Imaging if someone needs urgent medical attention and the only road to the hospital is blocked, what happens to the sick person? There is no record in the Hadiths that Prophet Mohammed (SAW) blocked or closed a public road for prayers neither is there any record in the Bible that Jesus (AWS) blocked or closed a public road for any reason whatsoever.

Several public roads are closed mostly on Fridays for Jummat prayers which ought to take place in the mosque and not on the road. There has also been several reports of suffering by people on Lagos-Ibadan expressway because of the activities of churches on the road. Also, some traditional religion adherents stop people from moving freely especially in some traditional areas of Lagos like Ikorodu, Epe, Oniru e.t.c. during their festivals. These traditional religion followers inconvenient everyone who is not armed because they will not stop armed personnel from passing for fear of accidental discharge. You can't be using God's (or idols') name to inconvenient everyone.

Well said. Clap for yourself
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by simpleseyi: 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
yemi2plus:
Well said. Clap for yourself

Pa pa pa pa pa pa!
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by htconeline: 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
mr Creole is here!
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Gamji007: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
Magic Bishop: They do it on purpose to start a fight.

Accusation like this is not fair! People like you pass rumour to cause trouble. I won't be wrong to call you an agent of destruction, but I ll advice you to desist from such evil habit.

Meanwhile @op, I think such action is common in mosques,churches,and even social/political gatherings. It's a Nigerian phenomenum which I think we all should be cautious about,and should try as much as possible to avoid such actions.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Phranciz(m): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=sluggers][/quote]
U r a fool for potraying Jesus in such manner. Go and such the dick of your useless and blood thirsty mumuhamed. Religious fool.
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by sluggers: 7:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
Phranciz:
U r a fool for potraying Jesus in such manner. Go and such the dick of your useless and blood thirsty mumuhamed. Religious fool.

Now cry......

1 Like

Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by sunkoye: 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nigeria's religions are not redemptive. both church, mosque and shrine goers. angry

70% are materialistic in church

70% are violence ready in mosque

70% are voodoo ritualist in shrine

u see!!!
Re: Muslims Blocking Roads During Prayers by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
wingman:

Let me tell you one truth. Each time the noise from the loud speakers of mushroom pentecoatal Churches disturb my peace at home I usually think of going to that Church and if possible shoot the Pastor but on a 2nd thought I realize its religion and people have different views. In my own world view I would prefer complete end to anything religion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Fashola Dismisses Speculation Of Being Running Mate To Buhari / Oba & Lagoon Speech: The Lunatic With A Crown! / Did Buhari Get His "I Belong To Everybody" Quote From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.