Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days (1481 Views)

I Will Be An Atheist For Some Hours/Days / Christian Apologist Finally Admits That Internet Is A Threat To Christianity! / A Christian Apologist Debates Many Non-believers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 21, 2013
Ruq:
This is sarcasm shey ?

Real sarcasm. It's just hysterical. Manhunter, rationalmind, amanfrommars, and a few others like Logic boy, virick, are all Atheist Lords on nairaland.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 8:36am On Dec 21, 2013
wordsbase:

Real sarcasm. It's just hysterical. Manhunter, rationalmind, amanfrommars, and a few others like Logic boy, virick, are all Atheist Lords on nairaland.
Good morning bro, trust you had a good night's rest? And for the record, I was mostly agnostic (with panentheistic leanings) before I was saved by Christ from vanities.

You know the great book says, "there is a way that seemeth right to a man but the end thereof is destruction".

I was mostly lost until I found my way with Christ.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2013
amanfrommars: What is justification?

Christ who was sinless became sin in order to reunite us with the Father.
Now as a sinner, when you trust and believe in Christ and his sacrifice, you are justified by the Father.

Justification is God's act of removing the guilt and penalty of sin and at the same time declaring a sinner blameless and righteous because of the sacrifice of his son, Christ Jesus.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2013
amanfrommars: Are humans justified by faith or by works?

Humans are justified solely by faith in God and works just prove that you have been justified by faith.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 9:54am On Dec 21, 2013
amanfrommars: God's will or Man's will? Which is pre-eminent?
Short answer: God's will
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 9:56am On Dec 21, 2013
rationalmind:

It will go a long way in clearing my unbelief cheesy cheesy
Okay, if that's all it will take but are you ready to make a conscious effort to accept Christ?
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 9:58am On Dec 21, 2013
Ruq:
OP why are will given freewill ?
Would you rather you were made a robot?
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 21, 2013
Manhunter™:
Okay, if that's all it will take but are you ready to make a conscious effort to accept Christ?

yes, after my question has been answered
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by Ruq: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Manhunter™:
Would you rather you were made a robot?

But that was the plan init ? I mean without the story of eating the forbidden fruit.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2013
rationalmind:

yes, after my question has been answered
How was the universe created?

To be honest, I don't know but that is not enough reason to dismiss God as a product of the human mind.

Knowing (or not knowing as the case may be) how the universe was created doesn't affect my belief in God. I'm content with what God has chosen to reveal.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2013
Manhunter™:
How was the universe created?

To be honest, I don't know but that is not enough reason to dismiss God as a product of the human mind.

Knowing (or not knowing as the case may be) how the universe was created doesn't affect my belief in God. I'm content with what God has chosen to reveal.

Good
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2013
Ruq:

But that was the plan init ? I mean without the story of eating the forbidden fruit.
Adam had a choice to eat or refuse to eat. Choice connotes freewill.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by wiegraf: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Is god subject to reason or is reason subject to god?
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by Ranchhoddas: 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
@op.Is there going to be freewill in heaven?
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2013
wiegraf: Is god subject to reason or is reason subject to god?
To be honest, I don't understand this question. Care to elucidate?
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 7:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Ranchhoddas: @op.Is there going to be freewill in heaven?
There will be freewill but we shall be unable to sin because having experienced the full effects of sin and the presence of God, one will not decide to turn back to sin.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by Ranchhoddas: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2013
If we can't sin then it is not freewill,Noah's descendants experienced the effects of sin(the flood)yet sin is still everywhere in the world.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by wiegraf: 10:04am On Dec 22, 2013
Manhunter™:
To be honest, I don't understand this question. Care to elucidate?

Can god make 1+1 not equal 2.

You're doing well so far, I'm almost angry. When fully angry then I'd say you pass as a full blown xtian
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
wiegraf:

You're doing well so far, I'm almost angry. When fully angry then I'd say you pass as a full blown xtian

Are you saying it's typical of atheists, realists, evidentialists, or by whatever other name they may be called, to get angry when christians respond satisfactorily to their questions?
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ranchhoddas: If we can't sin then it is not freewill,Noah's descendants experienced the effects of sin(the flood)yet sin is still everywhere in the world.
We are yet to experience the full effects of sin.
Re: I Will Be A Christian Apologist For Some Hours/days by ManhunterTM(m): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
wiegraf:

Eleyi gidi gan!
Do you believe anything is impossible for God?
1 + 1 = 2, because God has made it that way.
Do you know that God is the originator of mathematics?
You don't?
How then do you explain the fact that the human mind is naturally fluent in the language of mathematics, and how do you explain the eerie, seemingly unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics in describing the laws of nature?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did God Destroy The Tower Of Babel?? / The Day A Fake Seminarian Was Arrested At Ikpayongo,benue State / Scriptures Expounded: Abstain From All Appearance Of Evil - 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.