Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Innocent ’2face’ Idibia: D’banj Is A Bad Sharp Guy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Innocent ’2face’ Idibia: D’banj Is A Bad Sharp Guy (729 Views)

2face Idibia - Nfana Ibaga 2014 Remix (MUSIC) / Nigerian Radio And TV Stations Ban 2face Idibia, D’banj Etc... / “D' Kings Men” ALBUM REVIEW: D’banj Is Still King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innocent ’2face’ Idibia: D’banj Is A Bad Sharp Guy by gistyinka(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
When I think about D’banj, I am struck by the image of a man that decided to do his thing and he’s doing it without waiting for manna from heaven. Dogged, focused, straight up and I like that about him.

Anything he puts his hand on, he puts it all and goes all the way to make it happen and e dey crase join too.

Long time ago, before he went to London to live, during a Plantashun Boyz show, he came and played the harmonica. This was in 2001. We didn’t really meet then, but I knew of him. We met again in London and we used to hang out with the guyz at JJC squad, and it struck me that this was one artiste who was determined.

In 2006, at a Beenie Man show in Nigeria, I sat beside him and I told him ” Guy meeehn, meeehn, I already won the MTV (Awards)” and I told him ” na u go collect this thing next and somehow it came to pass.” Serious prophecy.

I think the franchise idea that he has started with his brand is the way to go, it’s like a double-edged sword, cut go this side, cut go that side. Some people have only music, some have only entrepreneurial ability. D’banj and Don Jazzy have both. And they are doing it excellently well.

It’s the way forward mehn! Way to go.

Idibia is the first Nigerian winner of the MTV Europe Awards, winning in 2005 for best African Act.

http://gistyinka.net/2face-idibia-dbanj-bad-sharp-guy/
Re: Innocent ’2face’ Idibia: D’banj Is A Bad Sharp Guy by tobillionaire(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
mehn..... ah need DAT kinda prophecy too o BT mine shld b Grammy
Re: Innocent ’2face’ Idibia: D’banj Is A Bad Sharp Guy by opcking: 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
nice one there.

plz (1) which nigerian musician have won grammy award.. (2) whats is grammy award like...and (3) which nigerian musician have gone close to it,maybe like second,third position..

thank you.
Re: Innocent ’2face’ Idibia: D’banj Is A Bad Sharp Guy by longjohnsilver: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
opcking: nice one there.

plz (1) which nigerian musician have won grammy award.. (2) whats is grammy award like...and (3) which nigerian musician have gone close to it,maybe like second,third position..

thank you.
1..None
2..Feels like having an orgasm
3..Femi Kuti..just got his fourth nomination dis year

(1) (Reply)

M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit / Runtown Ft Timaya - My Matter [music] / Download New Music: Damsel - Ileke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.