Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

10 Nigerian Artistes To Watch Out For In 2014 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Nigerian Artistes To Watch Out For In 2014 (951 Views)

Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow / Top 10 Nigerian Songs For July 2013 / Top 10 Nigerian Music Blogs/sites To Submit Your Songs To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Artistes To Watch Out For In 2014 by lurge(m): 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
As an entertainment blogger, critic, reviewer and promoter of Nigerian music, I observe trends and following the song releases of 2013, decided to put up a list of 10 Nigerian artistes to watch out for in 2014.
Enjoy the list:
[img]http://maxibeats.files./2013/08/phyno.jpg[/img]
10. Ink
Ink to me is the revelation of the year. I heard his song once on air and having an ear for good music I instantly became a fan. His classic single “My Medley” which is a mash up of MI’s African rapper #1, Iyanya’s Kukere, Iceprince’s Aboki and D’prince’s Goody bag in his own flow on Drake’s Marvin’s room instrumental s can only be done with someone of great talent. Given the right level of exposure, the young rapper will go far.
9. Seyi Shay
The only female on this list, no doubt she’s got Sex appeal which is a huge seller. Her dexterity, attention grabbing stage performance, excellent vocals and continuous innovation could place Seyi Shay as one of the topmost female acts in Nigeria come 2014. She’s got a great P.R and I’m surprised her collabo with Timaya did not become a hit.
8. Lil Lurge
When you talk of an artiste with raw talent then you can’t leave this young chap out of it. A little brush up of his act, finesse of flows and a dynamic management will see Lil Lurge rise to fame and take relevance in the Nigerian music industry come 2014. I can’t deny, the boy’s got swag. Check out his collaborations here and here.
7. Blo
Blo is one rapper with great street appeal. Listening to him brings back thoughts of the late Dagrin. He delivers on any beat he spits upon and judging by his giant strides, he’s ready to leave underground for the mainstream industry. The way we see it, Olamide may be getting some fierce competition come 2014. Listen to his latest song here.
6. Skales
Yes you’re surprised as much as I am. I know I classified him as overrated but we all know Skales has not yet reached the peak of his musical career. Despite his consistency, fortune has not yet smiled on him and we hope he’s consistent enough to make it into the league of the big boys come 2014.
5. Go here to read more

(1) (Reply)

Taiwo Oshadipe Dead / The Real Meaning Of Dorobucci / Download ANY Music You Are Looking For(free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.