Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,880 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread - Education (1024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread (1026025 Views)

Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 19, 2015
missslimfit:
no u can't do faculty n departmental clearance now... Dat wud be later

Hbd missslimfit hope u mark it in style...enjoy wink
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Frankie09y4(m): 6:01am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliedora79:

Not too long sha. it depends on ur clearance officers. I was logged out twice on diff occassions. I saw some that have been logged out more than that.
ok.pls can you tell me exactly how many days urs took and how will I know if I have been logged out
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by richhomie: 6:35am On Jan 19, 2015
mesoade:
No
thanks....can you please enlighten me about physical clearance...please.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Nimen(m): 7:09am On Jan 19, 2015
Omo i clear yesterday... Choi, no be small matter oo
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Lexoma(m): 7:14am On Jan 19, 2015
Bestlily abeg pm for whatsapp 08137612983 if u no dey send me call me back make I call u...we get gist
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2015
People that have not been physically cleared & denied entry into the school's auditorium...

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by thatniqqress(f): 9:54am On Jan 19, 2015
slimedge:
People that have not been physically cleared & denied entry into the school's auditorium...

You're also present??

Aswer it's not even funny at all.

After waking 6, they're

Now telling us to go home if our

Dates are not today cry
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by naijaboiy: 10:13am On Jan 19, 2015
thatniqqress:

You're also present??

After waking 6, they're

Dates are not today cry
[size=18pt]HaHaHaHaHa gringringringrin[/size]
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Gafano(m): 10:41am On Jan 19, 2015
if u know u re to be cleared b4 today and u were told to come back today, I advise u to just write something on ur file indicating dat u were rescheduled for today.....try it,it might work for u lykwise.... cheers
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by slimedge(m): 11:58am On Jan 19, 2015
thatniqqress:

You're also present??

After waking 6, they're

Dates are not today cry
...yes o...just gained entry into the auditorium not too long ....seriuzly,diz people (clearance officials)truly gat no conscience...Social sciences faculty is slower than a crawling snail...*it sucks*
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Frankie09y4(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please,how do I know if I have been logged out?
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by ericgold(m): 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
Gafano:
if u know u re to be cleared b4 today and u were told to come back today, I advise u to just write something on ur file indicating dat u were rescheduled for today.....try it,it might work for u lykwise.... cheers
giving them dis kind of advise will jst prolong the issue(depending on d clearance officer sha) for my own(social science)if the guy notice dt shit ur own don finish,definitely he will clear u oo,but d guy will stress d living day light out of u..
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Justice28(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pls somebody should help me with the names of the clearance officer of Agriculture and that of medical science plss, am really in need of the names pls..

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by uju18(f): 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
thatniqqress:

You're also present??

After waking 6, they're

Dates are not today cry
sorry dear,it is well!
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by festus200: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
pls i need d names is of management science clearance officer pls it is urgent
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Adex097: 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
Aiiit..This goes out to every fresher admitted into the department of Economics and Statistics (Fac-Social Sciences). I warmly welcome you all into UNIBEN aka Unibest, Faculty of Social Sciences aka the only Faculty in Uniben grin and finally the department of Economics and Statistics cool. I just want to use this opportunity to briefly introduce you all to the courses you'd be tackling this semester. Fret not for all these courses are "relatively" simple. It depends on how hard you tackle them wink .
1) ECO111 (Principles of Economics aka macroeconomics)- A very nice, technical and interesting course. I bet you gonna enjoy it. It covers most of what you did in high school but in a lil advanced level though.
2) ECO112 (Introduction to Quantitative Method)- By logical inference from the word "quantitative" , you should know this one ain't about grammar but pure calculation and arithmetic. Mind you, they are still ssce mathematics but a lil bit advance just like his brother eco111 wink .
I think I still have last year's question paper with me. Will make sure you guys get it when I resume.

3) Eco113 ( Introduction to Statistics) - This course is an envelope of your basic statistics ( mean, median, mode, SD, etc). Plus a detailed history of statistics (I.e founding fathers , origin, and so on). if time permits, you guys might also have a taste of probability theorem.
4) SAA 111(introduction to sociology)- A very nice , lovely and easy course. You find stuffs like culture, marriage, history of sociology, sanctions, etc here.
5) POL111 (introduction to political science)- It's all about politics, diverse definition of politics, political parties etc. Pol is An interesting course but could spring up a surprise..please and please, don't underestimate this course.
#A_word... cool
6) ACC111 (introduction to accounting)- ACC aka Mr walkover grin covers book-keeping , history of accounting , cash book as a matter of fact this course is tantamount to your ssce accounting. No difference!! I repeat, No difference!!!.
7)BUS111(introduction to Business)- Bus is a borrowed course from the faculty of management sciences (including Acc). Kinda bulky but you will definitely enjoy it.
It's an advanced commerce... yea Highschool commerce. cool
8 )GST111 (use of English)- Do you still need any further explanation ?
9)GST112 (Philosophy and Logic)- aka Philo-sophia.. Philo meaning love of...and sophia= wisdom...therefore Philosophy deals with the love of wisdom. You guys will also look into the branches of philosophy (Axiology, Epistemology, Metaphysics and Logic). I bet you gonna enjoy this course and probably get addicted to it. Some of my friends read it for like 6-7 times not because they couldn't comprehend the contents of the book but for the love. I'd advice you guys not to follow their footsteps cos you still have other 8 sexy courses to attend to. Besides, its just a 2 unit course .

I know some of you would be like " what is this?? -_-, I'm yet to clear and he's talking about another thing angry "
Worry not for you will definitely get cleared but also let it be at the back of your mind that school has resumed ...the calendar is out already. Make hay while the sun in Benin is still scorching. grin

Finally, success and luck are mutually exclusive to some extent. You don't get success on a platter of gold...you strive to get it. If you know you're the "flexing" type, know your limit...if you're a church goer, know the kind of fellowship you worship . Time is a very precious gem here in Uniben. Mind you I'm not asking you to jack as though your life depends on it...my friend would say "read till you belleful" I.e reading ain't all about how much you've covered but how well. Read well, rest well, feed well, MANAGE YOUR TIME WELL and most importantly pray well. I wish you all a successful semester ahead. Once again, I Adex welcomes you all to Uniben.
Great UNIBEN!!!
Greatest SOSSA!!!
GOD BLESS cool .

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by thatniqqress(f): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

[size=18pt]HaHaHaHaHa gringringringrin[/size]

LOL
It's not funny aswer cry
After all my sleepless night to wake
Early, just for me to be sent back cry
Person go soon turn to charcoal now

slimedge:
...yes o...just gained entry into the auditorium not too long ....seriuzly,diz people (clearance officials)truly gat no conscience...Social sciences faculty is slower than a crawling snail...*it sucks*

You're lucky aswer sad
smiley

uju18:
sorry dear,it is well!

Thanks jare smiley
Done yours already??
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Adex097: 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
festus200:
pls i need d names is of management science clearance officer pls it is urgent
Last year's clearance officer for management science was Dr. Dabo dunno if he's still in charge this year.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by festus200: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
thanks a lot
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by odizeey(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Adex097:

Last year's clearance officer for management science was Dr. Dabo dunno if he's still in charge this year.
Adex d politician. I hail o.
By the way, Dr Dabor don go sabbatical
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Adex097: 4:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
I hail you too...we are all political animals in this political jungle. #survival-of-the-fittest grin
odizeey:
Adex d politician. I hail o.
By the way, Dr Dabor don go sabbatical
Sabbatical for how many years... See enjoyment o.
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Mcslize: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
I want to let those who filled correction form and have been waiting for correction to be made but still haven't seen any change in their uniben profile to pls find their way to their clearance officer.

It may be that your form was returned back to your clearance officer due to some documents u inadvertently did not staple to the correction form.

I learnt that your complete documents should be staple to your correction form along with a WAEC scratch card.

Kindly go back to check if ur form was returned. It doesn't take long to be corrected.

The delay may be that ur form was returned back due to the above reasons , that is why u are still yet to see changes in ur Uniben data profile
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by maxddude(m): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please guys, I need a little help here. I wanna upload my Age declaration in my profile. but I'm seeing 2 sections. Birth certificate and Evidence of Name . Please which of the section should I upload my age declaration??.. Answers Please.. Anyone!!
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by maxddude(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please guys, I need a little help here. I wanna upload my Age declaration in my profile. but I'm seeing 2 sections. Birth certificate and Evidence of Name. Please which of the section should I upload my age declaration??.. Answers Please.. Anyone!!
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by mrnononsense: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
pls guys,can i complete d online clearance and also getin a date 4 physical clearance same day?i mean afta summit my document...wil i b given an invitation letter dat same day?pls Reply
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by leemix(m): 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pls who has done his faculty and departmental clearance in Faculty of Social sciences
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by festus200: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
i fill correction form since january 9th still now i haven see any correction on my profile
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by Quatermaine: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2015

To all those who filled the correction form and are expecting a response. I'll have you know that it takes time, plenty time. During my time, those who filled correction form were cleared few days before matric, some were cleared after and some weren't even cleared at all, they lost their admission. It takes time because the members of the admission board are the ones that will decide your fate and they do this on a scheduled date, the date is fixed in such a way that they will get to attend to everybody in say two meetings. They don't want to be having meetings all the time so they wait till they get a substantial amount of people with correction forms, then they fix a date to sit over the forms.. It's best to find out about the date because in that way you will know when to be expecting a response, I'll also advise that you pray..
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by CJPresh(f): 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
maxddude:
Please guys, I need a little help here. I wanna upload my Age declaration in my profile. but I'm seeing 2 sections. Birth certificate and Evidence of Name. Please which of the section should I upload my age declaration??.. Answers Please.. Anyone!!
Birth certificate
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by everbrighto(m): 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
Adex.. I REP Ecostat.. Pls tell me more abt 200level courses because I came in thru direct entry
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by festus200: 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
quatermaine so what do i do na my correction is just date of birth
Re: UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread by McPete(m): 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
ericgold:
it is nt a small tin ooo..next time u see moi.. Just holla
guy....ah can't even remember ya face.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (1041) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.