Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc (1281 Views)

"Keep Quite" Saraki Tells APC Senators / DSS DG Not Our Card-carrying Member - APC / SSS Director General A “card-carrying APC Member” — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by atlwireles: 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
A former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has told the All Progressives Congress (APC) that he remains a ‘card carrying member’ of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

At his Hilltop home in Abeokuta, capital of Ogun State, Obasanjo told the leaders of the APC, who visited him on Saturday in continuation of their consultations on political developments in Nigeria that he is a democrat that believes in the existence of opposition.

He stressed the need for politicians to play by the rules of the game and play politics without bitterness.

“My Party is PDP. My politics is Nigeria, Africa and the World in that order. I am a democrat and I do know that one of the essential ingredients of democracy is opposition.

“Always put Nigeria first above personal and group interests.

“The politics that should be played should be politics with decency, without rancour and one that has Nigeria at the heart of all that is done.

“I am incurably optimistic about Nigeria and I am also totally committed to Nigeria and nothing will divert me or distract me from that commitment,” Obasanjo stated.

The APC leaders eulogised the virtues of the former president, describing him as a reference point in Nigeria’s politics.

Some of the party members present the meeting are the National Interim Chairman of the party, Mr Bisi Akande, former Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu, Gen Mohammadu Buhari, Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, Kawu Baraje, Governor of Imo State Rochas Okorocha, Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo, Alimodu Sherif, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, Abiola Ajimobi and Babatunde Fashola, Femi Fani-Kayode and former Anti-graft Czar, Mr Nuhu Ribadu.

The meeting is coming after Mr Obasanjo, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), wrote an open letter to the Nigerian president entitled; ‘Before It Is Too Late’, pointing out issues bothering on sensitive areas, some of which are security, politics and economy.

Mixed reactions have trailed the open letter.

President Jonathan’s spokesman, Reuben Abati, said the letter was “self-serving and highly provocative”.

Some critics are of the opinion that Mr Obasanjo lacked the moral backing to write such letter, as the issues he mentioned existed during his tenure as the Nigerian president.

Others say the message and not the messenger should be looked at.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/12/21/i-am-a-card-carrying-member-of-pdp-obasanjo-tells-apc/
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by talktimi(m): 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
The hypocrisy is just DAAAaamn too much jare...
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
I love the politics going on....
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Pangea: 12:02am On Dec 22, 2013
I dey laugh o
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Pukkah: 12:07am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy: I love the politics going on....

It's high wire politics.

Although I'm no fan of Obasanjo. I also don't think he should be feted, adored or celebrated. Obasanjo is part of the problems of Nigeria.

But, again, does politics many times follow paper logic?

The way of politicians is not straight. Politics itself is crooked.

APC seems to be playing a politics of expediency. But I don't like this visit. There's something about it that doesn't sound right except to those involved in the horse trading and high wire politics.
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by paj4love: 12:12am On Dec 22, 2013
obj can't decamp to apc ,,,,,,,,,never
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by atlwireles: 12:21am On Dec 22, 2013
The fear of Jonathan is now the begining of wisdom. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Brimmie(m): 12:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by slugggers: 12:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Pukkah:

It's high wire politics.

Although I'm no fan of Obasanjo. I also don't think he should be feted, adored or celebrated. Obasanjo is part of the problems of Nigeria.

But, again, does politics many times follow paper logic?

The way of politicians is not straight. Politics itself is crooked.

APC seems to be playing a politics of expediency. But I don't like this visit. There's something about it that doesn't sound right except to those involved in the horse trading and high wire politics.

The meeting got me deflated like a balloon. This meeting doesn't feel right at all. No sane politician should get close to OBJ. OBJ is part of Nigeria's problem. This is the same OBJ who forced Yar'Adua and Clueless Jonathan on Nigerians.

This meeting destroyed my weekend. I am a sad man this evening.
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by ckkris: 12:28am On Dec 22, 2013
Jona rules until 2019
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by greatgilbert: 1:20am On Dec 22, 2013
Why OBJ no decamp

I'm so sad!

Please, decamp and take Atiku with you.
We in PDP don't want you and Amaechi, Atiku and you know the others.

Please, all of you should hurry and decamp.

2015, ALL those decampees will be voted out in the Senate, House of Rep, Government and anywhere they are hiding.

2 Likes

Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 22, 2013
someone mail this man a broom......
.....to sweep himself out of pdp

2 Likes

Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Obiagu1(m): 1:59am On Dec 22, 2013
The APC leaders eulogised the virtues of the former president, describing him as a reference point in Nigeria’s politics.

OBJ is APC's political reference point, the one they look up to for their dream 'progressive' governance.

Sorry APC, I don't want anything that resembles OBJ is Nigerian politics ever again.

1 Like

Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 22, 2013
OBJ understand that "Ajo o'le dabi ile" the best u'd be outside ur home is a guest, OBJ is still an Icon in PDP and am sure he would'nt like to be bench Warmer in APC...

Well, make we still dey observe things sha...
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by datbay(m): 2:22am On Dec 22, 2013
I just hope this APC as a party has not lost focus,very soon they will even visit Jonathan and Tukur.

2 Likes

Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by MagicBishop: 3:01am On Dec 22, 2013
Yes, you just have the card like the way I owned a library card and never used it.

We know where your heart lies now.
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Maxymilliano(m): 4:10am On Dec 22, 2013
atlwireles:
“Always put Nigeria first above personal and group interests.

“The politics that should be played should be politics with decency, without rancour and one that has Nigeria at the heart of all that is done.

Obasanjo and his 'Jekyll and Hyde' tendencies ...
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 22, 2013
Obj is a democratic tyrant, thank God he has lost firm grip on the project called Nigeria. Sipping alomo and watching as the drama unfolds.
Re: ‘i Am A Card Carrying Member Of Pdp’, Obasanjo Tells Apc by miccheck58: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2013
OBJ, in other news, u are a biatch

(1) (Reply)

Alamesiegha’s Visit To okorocha Unsettles Imo Pdp guber Aspirants / Nairaland Important Opinion Poll / Pic: Armoured Tank Spotted Beside Edo State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.