Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

How I Found Christ And Left Nollywood – Charles Okafor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Found Christ And Left Nollywood – Charles Okafor (1933 Views)

Nollywood Actor, Charles Okafor Is A Year Older / We Need More Mumu In Nollywood ~ Charles Inojie / List Of Nollywood Actors/actress Who Have Found Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Found Christ And Left Nollywood – Charles Okafor by sambintex: 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2013

True fans of the Nollywood actor have been wondering why their best man has been off scene, you don’t o need to worry any more, he’s finally broken the silence. Actor, Charles Okafor has opened up on why he’s been lying low for a while. Okafor, a Nollywood veteran popped up at a popular event in Lagos and disclosed the reason why he’s been off the radar for a while.
The actor told The Entertainer that it’s because he’s found Christ: “I’ve been lying low for a while because I diverted into Advocacy and human-angle films as a consequence of my new found faith. I’m still a career actor and a film maker but I am mindful of the scripts I do. A time come in the life of any professional when he seats back and takes stock of his professional issues and the legacy he want to live behind from the spiritual stand point of view.
“You cannot just do any kind of film anymore if you’re going to be the light to the nations of the world. We must be seen in the context of the things that glorify God in totally,” Okafor declared.
“I’m driven to do advocacy films because they address social issues, human angle and spiritual issues that borders on the kingdom. That explains why I might not be as visible as I was some years back.
According to the actor: You see, you cannot eat your cake and still have it. You cannot serve God and serve Marmon. You must clearly define where your stand. I have put my hands to the plow so I shouldn’t look back but that those not remove the fact that I’m still a career actor and film maker,” Okafor added. - See more at: http://www.naijawhistle.com/found-christ-left-nollywood-charles-okafor/#sthash.wt1kDDG2.dpuf

1 Like

Re: How I Found Christ And Left Nollywood – Charles Okafor by slap1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Great guy. I miss his dimpled face and professional aura. All the best. See you in heaven!

(1) (Reply)

Miss NYSC ABUJA Queen Ezinne Nwolisa Dazzles At Face Of Democracy Grand Finale!! / Beyonce Stuns In A Crop Top & Hot Pink Leather Pants That’s Got Everyone Talking / Eva Alordiah : Rapper Poses Unclad For Photo Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.