Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (658 Views)

ICAN/ATS Induction Ceremony On Monday...advice Needed. / Career Advice Needed: Unpaid Internship In Europe Or 180k Sallary In Nigeria / Professional Advice Needed: CISA vs CIBN vs ACCA ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by BYXplicit(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: . by MSEdLAW(m): 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
BY Xplicit: Pls Gurus in the house I seriously need your advice on career path, I am a law graduate who is seeking a better path in the field but am not previlaged to know the lucrative areas I can pitch my tent, some of my friends who graduated before me got into practice with some law firms and d salary is ridiculous btw 7k to 30k.
I have heard stories like lawyers who are employed into other sectors earn better,I will realy appreciate If anybody can educate me on this area and I will also like to know where services of lawyers are usually needed with good pay any sector will be appreciated frm Force to companies, institutions etc.
Though I would have suggested u practice for a year or two to build on your theoretical knowledge of the LAWs nonetheless if ur insistent on diversifying ur interest.. Then I did advise u Get professional certifications in some related disciplines to give the needed employment leverage in in-house practice.. Eg. CIPM, SHRM, CIArb .. Just to mention a few the world is dynamic.. Static lawyers die static..peace
Re: . by BYXplicit(m): 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
MSEdLAW:
Though I would have suggested u practice for a year or two to build on your theoretical knowledge of the LAWs nonetheless if ur insistent on diversifying ur interest.. Then I did advise u Get professional certifications in some related disciplines to give the needed employment leverage in in-house practice.. Eg. CIPM, SHRM, CIArb .. Just to mention a few the world is dynamic.. Static lawyers die static..peace

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The initial practice is important and am not jetisioning that as most of what you get is the substantive aspect of law apart 4rm the law sch experience wia d procedurial aspect will be introduced,I plan to do a one year practice but I just want to get an idea of available areas I can venture into after that..also can u adumberate more on the professional certification.tnx
Re: . by BYXplicit(m): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
[quote author=MSEdLAW post=20390815]

(1) (Reply)

ICSL Is Hiring - "WEB DEVELOPER" / Getting Travel Aid For Attending Conference / Faith Lays In Their Heart-the Secret To Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.