Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Did Obama Flip Flop Again? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Did Obama Flip Flop Again? (800 Views)

Will The European Union Go Belly Up And Will The Euro Flop? / Did Obama Act Right In The "Blackman Vs Whiteman Case"? / Did Obama Bow To Saudi King? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Obama Flip Flop Again? by toshmann(m): 4:35am On Aug 02, 2008
what what what . . . is this? obamacons, any comment? is this flip flop or something else . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_el_pr/obama

tell me pls. . . . .
Re: Did Obama Flip Flop Again? by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 02, 2008
McCain was once strongly opposed to offshore drilling hope you know.
Re: Did Obama Flip Flop Again? by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Aug 02, 2008
I don't see reason why any of these politicians should continue to oppose offshore drilling. America does not belong to tree huggers. The polls continue to show that over 60% of Americans are in favour of america drilling it's own land for oil. I see no reason why he should not switch, after all, this is government for the people by the people.
Re: Did Obama Flip Flop Again? by 4Play(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2008
davidylan:

McCain was once strongly opposed to offshore drilling hope you know.

The problem with Obama is that when he changes his position,he proclaims that there is actually no change,it's just that we rubes failed to understand him in the 1st place.

I remember someone saying that only dead and mentally unsound people never change their minds.Changing position is okay but don't pretend nothing has changed.

Back in 2003,just after US forces routed Saddam from power and the war was at the zenith of its popularity with Americans,Obama proclaimed in public that there was no serious difference between his position on Iraq and that of Bush.If that statement is true,his subsequent statements on the war can't be true and vice versa.

Obama managed to change his position on Jerusalem within 24 hours!That must be a record in US politics.
Re: Did Obama Flip Flop Again? by darfur(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2008
4 Play:

Obama managed to change his position on Jerusalem within 24 hours!That must be a record in US politics.

no, the record is that of john mccain who was willing to vote against his own bill. grin

(1) (Reply)

Say A Prayer For Obama / Carter Decries Gaza Curbs, Asks Israel To Halt 'abuse' / Ghadhafi Vows To Fight Till The End.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.