Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

8 Common Questions Women Ask About Menstrual Cycle & Conception And Their Answer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Common Questions Women Ask About Menstrual Cycle & Conception And Their Answer (1022 Views)

8 Common Causes Of Infertility In Men / What Is The Effect Of An Unstable Menstrual Cycle? / Shortening The Menstrual Cycle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Common Questions Women Ask About Menstrual Cycle & Conception And Their Answer by rasqie4me(m): 7:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Many women has been asking us questions about cycle and conception, so we decided to forward the questions to some experts (doctors) to help us with the answers of this common questions. They are

1.How do I know if my cycle is normal?: This is the most common question by women. According to doctor Chioma, average cycle occurs every 28 to 32 days, some variation each month is common. Many women always think their cycle is not regular if its off by a day of few but one thing is certain, every cycle will never be perfect every month. Also that it will be very unusual to have your period run every 28 days with out any deviation. So when somebody or your doctor ask if your period is regular, just know it that he just want to know that you are not skipping months between cycles or is not occurring every two weeks. So note that.. there must be a deviation in your period, it must not run every 28 days.

2. Can I get pregnant even if I don’t have a regular period?: Absolutely is just very hard. A woman who has 28 days period will like ovulate in the 14 day of her cycle every month but a woman with 32 to 42 days cycle will see less frequent ovulation as a result of her less frequent period. If you have irregular period and you want to do get pregnant the best thing is to meet your doctor and book a preconception visit and try to discuss your cycle with you.

3. Can I get pregnant during my period?: We already treated this is some of our article. Yes it is very possible to get pregnant during your period but its not common. The only time this can happen is if a woman has a shorter than average cycle. for example a woman who has 21 days cycle will ovulate around the day 7. which if she has intercourse on the fifth day of bleeding then she might get pregnant because sperm can live up to 5 days and while she is ovulating will be present in her fallopian tube.
continue here...http://clicknewznigeria..com/2013/12/8-common-questions-women-ask-about.html
Re: 8 Common Questions Women Ask About Menstrual Cycle & Conception And Their Answer by rasqie4me(m): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
rasqie4me: Many women has been asking us questions about cycle and conception, so we decided to forward the questions to some experts (doctors) to help us with the answers of this common questions. They are

1.How do I know if my cycle is normal?: This is the most common question by women. According to doctor Chioma, average cycle occurs every 28 to 32 days, some variation each month is common. Many women always think their cycle is not regular if its off by a day of few but one thing is certain, every cycle will never be perfect every month. Also that it will be very unusual to have your period run every 28 days with out any deviation. So when somebody or your doctor ask if your period is regular, just know it that he just want to know that you are not skipping months between cycles or is not occurring every two weeks. So note that.. there must be a deviation in your period, it must not run every 28 days.

2. Can I get pregnant even if I don’t have a regular period?: Absolutely is just very hard. A woman who has 28 days period will like ovulate in the 14 day of her cycle every month but a woman with 32 to 42 days cycle will see less frequent ovulation as a result of her less frequent period. If you have irregular period and you want to do get pregnant the best thing is to meet your doctor and book a preconception visit and try to discuss your cycle with you.

3. Can I get pregnant during my period?: We already treated this is some of our article. Yes it is very possible to get pregnant during your period but its not common. The only time this can happen is if a woman has a shorter than average cycle. for example a woman who has 21 days cycle will ovulate around the day 7. which if she has intercourse on the fifth day of bleeding then she might get pregnant because sperm can live up to 5 days and while she is ovulating will be present in her fallopian tube.
continue here...http://clicknewznigeria..com/2013/12/8-common-questions-women-ask-about.html

(1) (Reply)

I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu / Ebola Breakthrough: Thai Scientists Discover Antibody That Could Cure Virus / Parsley And Its Health Benefits -treats Kidney Stone, Diabetes, Cough, UTI Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.