Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. (15582 Views)

Mtn Bis Working Unlimited On Pc's And Android / Proof Mtn Bis Unlimited Browsing On Pc And Android Using Tunnelguru / [tut] 2014 Free Browsing Cheat On Airtel (PC And Android).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
For those that don't know about speech recognition, click this first link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/tell-me-what-you-want-a-beginners-guide-to-windows-speech-recognition

For those that already know about speech recognition, click this second link, you will be told to download a very small software of only 913kb, "kilobytes".
http://torchingigloos.com/make-your-computer-talk-and-respond-similar-to-jarvis-in-the-iron-man-movies/

Tags: pc computer talk talks reply back command speech speak recognition ironman iron-man jarvis talkback execute report action

Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Kingslaw(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
please i need direct download link
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Kingslaw: please i need direct download link
Direct download link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2362886/WSRMacros.msi (913kb)
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
Advance, more process commands:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

1 Like

Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Donsammi(m): 7:09am On Dec 23, 2013
the stuff nah rublish.. last Year wen i used it.. wen typinq in microsoftword. i pronounced "SAMUEL" it spelled "SomeWhere" . it is not used to niqerian type of enqlish

2 Likes

Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2013
Donsammi: the thinq rublish.. last Year wen i used it.. for typinq in microsoftword. i pronounced "SAMUEL" it spelled "SomeWhere" . it is not used to niqerian type of enqlish
You sef listen to what u just said! LoL cheesy
Moreover, it tells you after setup: English(UNITED KINGDOM).
And during the training it tells you "again" to speak like a newscaster.
And again you can, and you are to correct it. It can and it will adapt to your tongue. Command it "correct samuel" then the next time you mention "samuel" it WILL write "samuel".
It is a computer, command it!
You tell it what to do. It is programmed to obey you (the user).
It's like nokia's dictionary, the spell check in messages, it can't spell "samuel" but once you 'add to dictionary, the next time you write "sa.." it will ask you do u mean "samuel?".
That's the same way this voice recognition works, you can program it to your nigerian tongue, you can even speak yoruba to it and make it write yoruba.
You should read more about it.

1 Like

Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
Very soon we'll be able to do this:
http://techblog.tv/full-list-of-siri-commands-how-to-use-siri/
And this:
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2011/11/30-of-the-funniest-siri-responses.html
I'm discussing with my computer cheesy ..cool!
I've already started programming Siri's commands into my macros. (Time consuming).
Please post your Macros' for others to gain.
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by LilBRightTMc(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Can't wait to get this app, this is gonna be so freak.in cool

1 Like

Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by emmawiz: 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Good 1 bt I dnt hav a pc yet!
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by oluwasola01(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Will give it a trial...besides talking tom app for pc doesnt record sounds up to 20sec.
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Nehemiah459(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Have anybody here used Ultra Hal?
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by IAMBREEZY: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Good
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by 9jahubcom(m): 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
waooo
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by 190theclown: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Odward(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Good though but even with the programing there would still be some defect especially the pronounciation aspect,i will advice them to work on local languages well to make more efficient.
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Gepheral: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Interesting..
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Keemy88(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
I would need to wear a headset to maximize this software.
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Donsammi(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
lance4luv:
You sef listen to what u just said! LoL cheesy
Moreover, it tells you after setup: English(UNITED KINGDOM).
And during the training it tells you "again" to speak like a newscaster.
And again you can, and you are to correct it. It can and it will adapt to your tongue. Command it "correct samuel" then the next time you mention "samuel" it WILL write "samuel".
It is a computer, command it!
You tell it what to do....
Dont mind mua# owk ama Try it .. Besides it doesnt understnd Pidgin? Lolz
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by rioemmanuel(m): 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
190-the-clown:
undecided
Clown.....no make i vex for u o
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Feraz(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
I've downloaded the small software but it's still not msking sense. Mind enlightening me?
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Vandi2: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
adonbilit

1 Like

Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Emmyk(m): 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
oluwasola01: Will give it a trial...besides talking tom app for pc doesnt record sounds up to 20sec.
Please how do I get it? I was told to download Bluestark. I did, buh I dont understand how it works, so I deleted it. smiley
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Just like "Siri" ba?
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lilkech(m): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
This op is not helping

Why does he not post all links and steps he used to set up this stuff?
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Donsammi(m): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Emmyk:
Please how do I get it? I was told to download Bluestark. I did, buh I dont understand how it works, so I deleted it. smiley
iGuess the person wans u to use Talkinq tom . Bluestack is used for launchinq andriod apps
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Does this work on windows 8?
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Just like "Siri" ba?
Yes, but in the case of iphone, Apple has already programed all possible questions you could ever ask, so now we have to program as many questions as possible (i.e. with replies) so we can have reasonable conversations with our computers.
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
lilkech: This op is not helping

Why does he not post all links and steps he used to set up this stuff?
I would really love to post a step by step tutorial with screen-shots from my laptop, but "your" nairaland only allows a maximum of 200kb for image uploads, how else can I help when my hands are tied??
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Feraz: I've downloaded the small software but it's still not msking sense. Mind enlightening me?

The computer is not a human being.
You must program it. (To do/say what u want).
For example, this morning, I programed it to great me when I great it.
So now once I say: "Jarvis, good morning", it replies "good morning sir how was your night?" And when I say "fine, thank you, how was yours?" It replies: "great, I slept through out, remember you turned me off"..
I programmed all that for it to say
Basic input-output
It only gets interesting when you program so much that it has a reply for everything you say or ask.
Hopefully from this thread someone would take it upon their self to write a software with as many of these commands, so our computers will be just like iphone's siri once it is installed, it will be updated with new macros once connected to the internet. This is not hard at all, just time consuming.
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
BimiOne: Does this work on windows 8?
I used Windows8, and it works perfectly fine. But remember it will be boring if you do not program plenty commands, this is why we need someone to program about a thousands commands for us to just download and add.
Re: Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back. by lance4luv(m): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Feraz: I've downloaded the small software but it's still not msking sense. Mind enlightening me?

You need to program it on what to say or do when you speak a word or phrase, it will then carry out that action, I suggest you go through the tutorial again, an example is: "trash it" and it deletes the selected file, "empty recycle bin" and it obeys and replies what u programed it to say, mine says "chai that dustbin dey smell oh"..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Still Tracks You Even With Your Location Services Off / Get Direct UK Used Apple Macbook Pro At Cheap Rate With Prices / How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.