Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift (1593 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Ibadan(photos) / I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun (the Baby Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by princecemo(m): 12:37am On Dec 23, 2013
scroll down to see the video shocked[color=#990000][/color]

A woman who died more than two years ago has given her family an incredible post-humous Christmas gift.

Brenda Schmitz, wife and mother of four, passed away in September 2011 after a battle with ovarian cancer. She was 46.

A month before she died, Schmitz wrote a letter addressed to a Des Moines, Iowa, radio station and instructed a friend to wait to mail it until her husband, David, had fallen in love again.

The station, Star 102.5, invited David, who recently got engaged, into the studio last week to share the letter with him.

“When you are in receipt of this letter, I will have already lost my battle to ovarian cancer,” Brenda wrote in the letter. “I am writing this letter to be sent to you by a dear friend who has instructions to do so when it was the time. I had to type this because I can hardly type anymore because of my shakiness. I told her once my loving husband David had moved on in his life and had met someone to share his life with again, to mail this letter to all of you at the station.”"As I was thinking about my last months on earth," she continued, "I told David my wishes after I was gone that I believed he'd follow through with the attitude and courage I know he possesses, what a great husband and father he is. I know all of this is extremely hard on him. He is the one making the best decisions from here on out for my family and ultimately finding a caring and compassionate woman in time to help raise the boys. She must be quite a lady."

Every year, the radio station solicits Christmas wish letters from listeners, picks the best and, with the help of sponsors, grants them.

Brenda's first wish for "David's new lifelong partner" was "a day, or better yet, a week of pampering, in all aspects of her life. ... She deserves it."

"Thank you," she added. "I love you, whoever you are."

Brenda also asked for a "magical trip" for the family of 8, and a "night out full of drinks, food and fun" for her cancer doctors at Mercy Medical Hospital.

Local businesses chipped in to help the station grant all of Brenda's wishes, including the trip — a four-day vacation in Disney World.

"In more than 20 years of granting Christmas wishes, we’ve never received a wish quite like the one we received from Brenda Schmitz," the station wrote on its website.

“There wasn’t a dry eye in the room when we got [the letter]," station manager Scott Allen told the Des Moines Register.

“It’s not surprising," David said of his wife's posthumous surprise. "The last year and a half she’s shown so many signs that she’s [here]

video link :http://news.yahoo.com/woman-letter-christmas-radio-iowa-150841905.html

2 Likes

Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by princecemo(m): 12:42am On Dec 23, 2013
moderator front page please....so touching.
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by liveogd(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Yes front page
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by ifex370(m): 12:58am On Dec 23, 2013
cool

what angry

incase your wondering...

this space is booked angry
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:14am On Dec 23, 2013
Touching! But as a big man, I wont cry.
princecemo: moderator front page please....so touching.
we no go carry am to fp.
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by Emmyk(m): 2:13am On Dec 23, 2013
Touching.
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 23, 2013
Waoh!!!
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by Tuntheycr7: 6:20am On Dec 23, 2013
Eyahhhh !!! So touching...........
I doubts if our naija women could do dat
She would rather wrote things like; my pikin must not suffer o. make ya new wife no take my properties o, na me knw d kind suffer I see b4 gettin dem. Make one woman no punish my pikin o, Etc. #proudlynaija
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by Caracta(f): 7:10am On Dec 23, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Eyahhhh !!! So touching...........
I doubts if our naija women could do dat
She would rather wrote things like; my pikin must not suffer o. make ya new wife no take my properties o, na me knw d kind suffer I see b4 gettin dem. Make one woman no punish my pikin o, Etc. #proudlynaija

Keep the comparisons to yourself. The earlier you begin to understand that Nigerian women are unique and different, the better for you. We can't be like them. You need to know that.

Y'all are celebrating the woman's letter (because she is a Non-Nigerian) , if a Nigerian had done this, you would be the first to laugh at her and call her names. Double standards.

@topic, that's a wonderful gift she gave them but I do not envy them biko. cheesy
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by yomalex(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2013
wow!
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by Shinnings: 7:50am On Dec 23, 2013
Itz quite interesting n romantic .love her for that . may her kind soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by xxKofoxx: 9:46am On Dec 23, 2013
Awwh!...May she R•I•P
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by dexterush(f): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2013
Awww so touching.....
Re: Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
Creepy.

Besides, the new woman won't find this shít funny or even close to 'touching'.

(1) (Reply)

/ Gladys Chelagat, Kenyan Girl, Give Birth At 10years Old / Naagin 21st November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.