Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala (2193 Views)

Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca / 20 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Mecca / Saudi Arabia Detains 400 Nigerian Female Hajj Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 6:59am On Dec 24, 2013
Despite Threats, Millions Throng Karbala for
Arbaeen Commemoration

Millions pilgrims flock to the holy city of Karbala to
mark the Arbaeen, the 40th day after the annual
anniversary of Imam Hussein’s (PBUH) martyrdom,
amid tight security measures.

Despite terrorist attacks targeting pilgrims heading
for the shrine of Imam Hussein (PBUH), at least ten millions of pilgrims have already entered the holy city on Friday.

In an interview with al-Manar Website, Chief operating officer of central Forat province, lieutenant general Othman Ali Farhoud expected that the number of pilgrims will reach 15 million on the day of Arbaeen which lies this year on
Tuesday.

Farhoud added that security forces have been deployed in all the administrative areas of the province.

In another interview with our website, Deputy Head
of Karbala province Council, Ali al-Maliki said the
security plan of the province was adopted 15 days
earlier.

He noted that according to the plan, dozens of
security forces were deployed in several areas in a
bid to control the city’s all exits and to thwart attacks by Takfiris.

The Arbaeen ceremony is consistently among the
largest peaceful gatherings in the world.

www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?eid=126784&cid=23&fromval=1&frid=23&seccatid=24&s1=1

Source: Al-Manar website

Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by Tsmooth1(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2013
I don't have problem with that at all. Do your own make I do own. Shiite, Sunni, etc.. All I know is that we are all Musli .
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2013
T-smooth:
I don't have problem with that at all. Do your own make I do own. Shiite, Sunni, etc.. All I know is that we are all Musli .

Yeah after all we have the same prophet (saws). And this is the commemoration of the martyrdom of the beloved grandson of our prophet, al-Hussain along with 72 faithful followers among the family of the prophet and friends.

You don't need to be a shi'a or sunni to feel sad for the tragedy of Kar'bala; you simply need a tender heart.

Mahatma Gandhi (Indian political and spiritual leader) writes: "I learned from Hussein how to achieve victory while being oppressed." He adds "My faith is that the progress of Islam does not depend on the use of sword by its believers, but the result of the supreme sacrifice of Hussein, the great saint."

Charles Dickens (English novelist) writes: "If Hussain had fought to quench his worldly desires...then I do not understand why his sister, wife, and children accompanied him. It stands to reason therefore, that he sacrificed purely for Islam."
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by LagosShia: 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
Shiites pack Iraq shrine city for mourning rituals

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

Karbala — Shiites from around Iraq and the world flooded the shrine city of Karbala on Tuesday for the peak of annual Arbaeen mourning rituals amid tight security after attacks killed dozens.

The central Iraq city saw millions of visitors over the 40-day period of mourning that follows the annual commemoration of the death of the Prophet Mohammed's grandson Hussein, who was slain by the forces of the caliph Yazid in 680 AD.

Karbala provincial council chief Nusaif al-Khatabi told AFP that 20 million people from some 40 countries made pilgrimages to Karbala this year, among them about one million Arabs and foreigners.

Last year around 18 million people made pilgrimages to Karbala, where Hussein is buried.

Army Staff Lieutenant General Othman al-Ghanimi said that 38,000 security forces members deployed to protect the faithful during the final 15 days of the pilgrimage.

But despite the security measures, militants were able to repeatedly strike pilgrims, many of whom make their way to Karbala on foot.

In some of the deadliest attacks, two car bombs south of Baghdad killed 24 people on December 16, while three suicide bombers attacked pilgrims three days later, leaving 36 people dead.

Sunni militants in Iraq including those linked to Al-Qaeda frequently target Shiites, whom they consider to be apostates.

"We challenged terrorism and we hope to die in the path of Hussein," said Jassem Jabr, 40, who spent 12 days walking to Karbala from south Iraq.

"If only the politicians would learn from the revolution of Hussein, who revolted against injustice and corruption," Jabr said.

More than 10 years after US-led forces toppled dictator Saddam Hussein, Iraq remains plagued by woefully lacking security, poor services, corruption and political deadlock.

Violence in the country surged this year to levels not seen since 2008, when Iraq was just emerging from a brutal period of sectarian killings.

Since the beginning of the year, more than 6,650 people have been killed and over 16,000 wounded in violence, according to AFP figures based on security and medical sources.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gsagcX1D3EpNvnEoUzuXL6fOeRXg?docId=6d079258-2328-44a1-a99b-3866815a93c2
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
Imam al-Hussayn [a] quoted the Messenger of God [s] who said:

"Whoever sees an aggressive tyrant who legalizes that which God has forbidden, breeches the divine laws, opposes the tradition of the Prophet, oppresses the worshipers of God, but does not admit his opposition to God in word or in deed, surely God will place him [in Hell] where he deserves."

(Maktal Khawarazmi , Vol. 1 , P. 234)
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by babylolaroy(f): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2013
Are those humans in the pictures?. so many men going to karbala. imam hussein is so lucky i see. shiites are very loyal to him. they even donate their blood just for him. i hope to see one eating poisoned meat for the prophet too one of this days
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by babylolaroy(f): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2013
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
babylolaroy: Are those humans in the pictures?. so many men going to karbala.

22million pilgrims were officially reported to have been at Kar'bala for Arba'in. Wahabi/Salafi with their suicide bombings tried to get people scared though they succeeded in killing 100s but that can never stop us.

Jabir Ibn Abdullah al-Ansari was among the first who commemorate the martyrdom of Imam Hussain in karbala, 40th day after his death. He was blind around 100+, he was led by his disciples.

Was Jabir not counted as one of your 'salaf?'

babylolaroy: shiites are very loyal to him. they even donate their blood just for him.

Imam left with 72 companions. Only when you read the event you will appreciate what loyality meant. Those millions you saw wailing, their cry is "how I wish I was there to defend you against your enemy".

babylolaroy: i hope to see one eating poisoned meat for the prophet too one of this days

According to your traditions, prophet (saws) was given poisoned meat. A sahaba ate without prophet's permission and he died instantly. The holy prophet prayed, ate and asked other sahaba to eat and Nothing happened to them.

However, as many sunni don't like shocking truth, don't dial that "page of poison of the prophet" again. You can't stand the argument.

babylolaroy: imam hussein is so lucky i see.

There's nothing like "LUCK" in Islam.

Was the prophet (saws) not "lucky" enough to see people mourning him and flocking his blessed grave? Saudi wahabi -salafi had declared that to be haram and punishes mercilessly whoever stayed more than "unusual" at the grave of the prophet (saws). Their slogan is "prophet is dead and cannot hear or see again, why are u talking to him".
They have even stupidly changed tashahud from "as-Salamu alayka ayu an-Nabiyy" to "as-Salam alayka ayu ar-Rasul". All in the name of prophet is dead.

If we ever had the chance to meet the prophet (saws), then you will know 22million is still a countable number for Imam Hussain (a.s).

Its a shame indeed! If your tradition could clearly revealed that many sahaba used to go to prophet's grave, make request and complaint and Allah solved their problem! If Qur'an could plainly declared those who died in Allah's path as "ALIVE"! How dare anybody to say prophet is dead, deaf and dump? Astagfirullah.
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
babylolaroy: https://www.nairaland.com/1567607/question-answer-time

I've read through and can see your "fatwas". Lol.
I simply don't want to contribute. Before you knew it, you will see some brothers with accusations and the whole thread might end up derailed.
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by babylolaroy(f): 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Al-Baqir:

I've read through and can see your "fatwas". Lol.
I simply don't want to contribute. Before you knew it, you will see some brothers with accusations and the whole thread might end up derailed.
i wasnt sure of my givings. there is no scholarly authority. i need you alfas to tell her dos stuffs wth authorities. she might wanna convert and we could be a reason
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by babylolaroy(f): 11:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
on the prophet poisoned thing, wallahi i wanna learn not argue. have dropped the argument loving self somewhere. now am out to acquire. tell me wht killed and i will inshaaAllah hold on to the truth...
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 11:03am On Dec 27, 2013
babylolaroy: on the prophet poisoned thing, wallahi i wanna learn not argue. have dropped the argument loving self somewhere. now am out to acquire. tell me wht killed and i will inshaaAllah hold on to the truth...

1. SHI'A doesn't believe the poison of the Jewish woman killed the prophet:

According to Allamah Majlisi in Bihar Anwar vol. 17 p. 318-319, after the conquest of khaybar in 7 A.H, a Jewess woman who had pretended to accept Islam presented the holy prophet (saws) with a cooked lamb, poisoned to seek revenge out of the prophet for the death of his family in the battle. A sahaba named al-Bara Ibn Marur took the meat without prophet's permission...and ate. He collapsed and died. The holy prophet knew the meat had been poisoned. He ordered the arrest of the woman and asked her why she poisoned the meat. She revealed her intention and added: "You have caused me a great disaster, You have killed my father, my uncle ...so I did what I did saying to myself, 'If he were a king, I would seek revenge against him, but if he were a prophet, as he claims, having promised to conquer Mecca and to bring victory, Allah will protect him from it (the poison), and it will not harm him."
The prophet said "O woman, you have said the truth"...

He (saws) then called upon 10s of sahaba, sit them around the meat, put his hand on the poisoned meat, blew breath over it and said: "In the name of Allah al-shafi, the healer..." Prophet and all the sahaba present ate. The woman saw that with her own eyes...and embraced Islam..."

2. Secondly, ahlu sunnah are of the opinion that the poisoned meat was the effect of the death of the prophet according to Aisha's narration:

Narrated ‘Aisha: The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, “O ‘Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison.” ~Sahih Bukhari Vol 2, Book 23, No. 471

We are of the view that the hadith was falsified. The conquest of khaybar happened in the 7th year of Hijrah while the prophet died 4 years later (11th year of Hijrah).

How did the poison administered in Khaibar have its effect on the Prophet (s) 4 years later? According to Ayesha up until the year of his death, the Prophet (saws) had never complained of any ill effects, so did he remember the poisoning at Khaibar four years later?

PROPHET WAS KILLED BY POISON OR NATURALLY?
We read in Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 83, Number 25:

Narrated ‘Aisha:
We poured medicine into the mouth of the
Prophet during his ailment. He said, “Don’t
pour medicine into my mouth.” (We thought
he said that) out of the aversion a patient
usually has for medicines. When he improved and felt better he said, “There is none of you but will be forced to drink medicine, except Al-’Abbas, for he did not witness your deed.”

Why did the holy prophet (saws) refused to take the so-called 'medicine?'
Who were those present in the room along Aisha? Why was the prophet ordered them to be forced to drink the so-called 'medicine' except for al-Abbas who was not present?' Was the order implemented? If it was not implemented, why not? If it was implemented where is the textual evidence?

Some (shi'a) believe the "medicine" was actually poison.
If the order was implemented and those present drank the 'medicine', then we expect mass death which was not happened. So evidently it might be medicine or his order might be renounced.

Some are of the opinion he (saws) died naturally.
www.nairaland.com/1574876/holy-prophet-poisoned-killed-died
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by Zhulfiqar1: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
Arbaeen in Zaria

Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by babylolaroy(f): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
shukran jazeelan albaqir. Al-an, fahim.

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
[size=25pt]2014 AR'BAEEN (40DAYS OF THE MARTYRDOM OF IMAM HUSSEIN) COMMEMORATION[/size]
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
Jabir's Powerful Words to 'Atiyyah on the Arba'in of Imam al-Husayn (as)

Al-A’mash narrates from ‘Atiyyah al-‘Awfi, who said:

I left with Jabir bin ‘Abdillah al-Ansari (may Allah have mercy on him) to visit the grave of al-Husayn bin ‘Ali (‘a) bin Abi Talib (upon whom be peace); and when we entered Karbala, Jabir came near the bank of River Euphrates, performed the major ablution (ghusl) and wore his clothes; then he opened his purse which contained su’d [a plant with sweet odor]. He spread the perfume over his body;thereafter he did not take a step save in the remembrance of Allah, until he neared the grave [of al-Husayn (‘as)].

[Then] he said to me: Make me touch the grave, and I made him do so. Thereupon he fell over the grave unconscious. I sprinkled some water on him, and he gained consciousness. Then he cried three times ‘Ya Husayn....’

Addressing al-Husayn (‘a) he said: Why is the beloved not responding to the call of the lover? And how can you respond, while your veins have been severed, and your body has been separated from your head? I bear witness that you are the offspring of Prophets, and the son of the master of believers, and the offspring of the companion of piety, and the offspring of guidance, and the fifth member of the people of the cloak, and the son of the master of chiefs, and the son of Fatimah, the mistress of women; how can you not be so, while the hand of the Leader of Apostles (s) fed you, and you were breast fed from the breast of belief, and trained in the bosoms of pious people, your weaning accompanied the state of utter submission; hence you enjoyed a pleasant state both during your life and death; however, the hearts of the believers are sorrowful due to your separation, and do not doubt about your good position. So upon you be Allah’s Peace and Approval. And I bear witness that you faced what your brother [Prophet] Yahya ('a) had faced.

Thereafter Jabir felt the presence around the grave and said: Peace be unto you and the spirits that have descended in the neighborhood of al-Husayn (‘a)…I bear witness that you kept prayer steadfast and gave the zakat and you commanded the good and prohibited the forbidden and struggled against the deniers of religion and you worshipped Allah until conviction came to you.

I swear by the One Who sent Muhammad as a Prophet with truth; surely we participated with you in what you encountered. ‘Atiyyah (not understanding this powerful statement made by Jabir) says: I asked Jabir:
How can that be possible, while we did not descend on any valley, nor did we climb any mountainous area, nor did we fight with the sword, whereas the heads of the group of al-Husayn (‘a) have been separated from their bodies, their children made orphans and their women made widows?

Jabir said: “O ‘Atiyyah, I heard from my beloved, the Apostle of Allah (S), say: ‘Whosoever loves a nation, would be resurrected with them, and whosoever loves the deed of a nation, would be considered one who has participated in the deed. I swear by the One Who Sent Muhammad as a Prophet in truth, surely my intention and the intention of my companions is according to the intention of al-Husayn and his companions.

[Then Jabir says to ‘Atiyyah]: take me towards the houses of Kufa[n]. ‘Atiyyah says: when we reached a certain point on the way, Jabir said to me: ‘O ‘Atiyyah, may I advise you, for I do not think that I shall meet you after this short journey? Love the
lover of Aali Muhammad as long as he/shes loves them, and have aversion for one who has aversion for Aali Muhammad as long as he/she has aversion for them, even if he/she were to fast and stand in prayer frequently; and befriend the lover of Aali Muhammad, for surely if one of their feet were to slip due to excess of sin, the other foot would be firm due to love for Aali Muhammad, for verily the lover of Aali Muhammad would return to Paradise and one who have aversion for them would return to Hell Fire.

[Ref: 'Allamah Majlisi, Bihar al-Anwaar, v.65, p.131]
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
Other Religions and Countries in the Arbaeen Religious Ceremony
There's another peculiar feature of Arbaeen. While it is a distinctively Shia spiritual exercise, Sunnis, even Christians, Yazidis, Zoroastrians, and Sabians partake in both the pilgrimage as well as serving of devotees.The pilgrims from European countries including Sweden, Russia and Vatican gathered on Monday (Dec. 8, 2014)in Karbala to mourn the tragedy, in which Imam Hussein along with 72 of his companions were martyred, Al-Alam reports.
A delegation from Vatican joined the pilgrims walking on foot to Karbala to attend in Arbaeen mourning ceremony.

The delegation companied the procession about 1 km en route to Karbala. Some Christian Iraqi religious leaders also joined the delegation. Many delegations from various African countries including Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania and Senegal have been
also presented in the Arbaeen religious ceremony.

Every year millions of pilgrims from Iraq and
other countries make an annual trek on foot or by vehicle to the city of Karbala to mark the Arbaeen.

Security forces in Iraq have been taking tougher measures by sealing off roads and increasing checkpoints on routes used by the pilgrims to visit shrines in southern cities and around the capital Baghdad. Despite tight security measures, tens of
pilgrims have lost their lives in terrorist attacks during the past couple of days. Pilgrims condemned the deadly attack, but they noted that it would not change their mind about attending Arbaeen ritual.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arba'een
Re: 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala by AlBaqir(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2014
Karbala hosts millions on Arba’een eve

It started in the year 61A.H by less than a 100pilgrims led by one of the great companions of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household), Jabir ibn Abdullah (ra) al-Ansari, when they matched to Kar'bala for 40th day commemoration of the Martyrs of the day of Ashura - Imam Hussain, the grandson of the Holy Prophet together with 72companions among whom were holy Prophet's blood.

Less than a 100 in the 61A.H, now records 17.5million this year, 2014 (as against 15million in 2013) amidst the continuous hatred and threat of the enemies of Islam. Labayka Ya Hussain!

اَعْظَمَ اللهُ اُجُورَنا واُجُورَكُم بِمُصابِنا بِالْحُسَيْنِ عليه السلام

(1) (Reply)

Mr Bean(comedian) Converts To Muslim / Things We Do During Ramadan / Availability Of Halal Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.