Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? (1267 Views)

Ideal Number Of Sanitary Towels Used For A Normal Menstrual Flow / Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / Dairies Sanitary Pad Kills - Ladies Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Olutola88(m): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2013
I asked myself this question yesterday while I was reasoning“what were girls, ladies or women of puberty stage using before sanitary pad came into existence”. I tried 2 rack my brain 2 get an answer but all effort was 2 no avail. I know Napkins were used before the advent of modern diaper. Another question is, “how does a single parent(father) know when his daughter has started menstrual cycle & how does he handle d situation?” Does it stop @ just giving her sanitary pad allowance?
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Bash92(m): 10:41am On Dec 24, 2013
A small piece of cloth put inside there pants!. I tink
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Olutola88(m): 11:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Bash92: A small piece of cloth put inside there pants!. I tink
hmmm
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by fr3do(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Same as the substitutes for diapers
Napkins!
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by MrsAwesome: 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
My greatgrand mother told us they used dried cocoyam leaves enclosed in a piece of cloth cos cloth then is quite costly. The dried leaves is soft to touch and less irritating.

1 Like

Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by deols(f): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
How easy was that for them??

na so our children would wonder how pads and tampons are..

na so life be. The rich of yeateryears is like the poor of today.
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by deols(f): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
As a single father, You probably have a good relationship with her already. Talk to her if you really know about it.

If not, get her books.

If she attends a good school, they have been taught already or would have been taught by the time she is ready.I learnt about it the first time when I was in Pry 6. Home economics was pretty interesting.

Those are three options for you.

1 Like

Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
Just popped in to say thanks Deols. smiley
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by deols(f): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
aManFromMars: Just popped in to say thanks Deols. smiley

grin
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Olutola88(m): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mrs Awesome: My greatgrand mother told us they used dried cocoyam leaves enclosed in a piece of cloth cos cloth then is quite costly. The dried leaves is soft to touch and less irritating.
really?
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Bash92(m): 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mrs Awesome: My greatgrand mother told us they used dried cocoyam leaves enclosed in a piece of cloth cos cloth then is quite costly. The dried leaves is soft to touch and less irritating.
Am sorry if these my question sound disrespectful... I believe you are in your thirties, so what do you use when you reach the adolescent age(i.e start menstruating)
Or as sanitary pad arrive that time?
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Olutola88(m): 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Bash92:
Am sorry if these my question sound disrespectful... I believe you are in your thirties, so what do you use when you reach the adolescent age(i.e start menstruating)
Or as sanitary pad arrive that time?
there were pads then, might nt just be as popularly used as now
Re: What Were Women Using Before The Advent Of Sanitary Pad? by Bash92(m): 10:25am On Jun 27, 2014
deols: The rich of yesteryears is like the poor of today.
So true

(1) (Reply)

3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike / Female Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Patrick Sawyer Is DEAD / Handling Sex After Child Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.