Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Naija Rap Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Rap Music? (633 Views)

I Am The First Nigerian Artiste To Make Money From Rap Music - Ruggedman / All Hail Da Grin .21 Gun Salute For The Naija Rap Kingpin / Rap Music Is Horrible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Rap Music? by Dietrich92(m): 11:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Can someone put me on some hot hip-hop!

I currently listen to some Tanzania rap which is pretty good. But I want to see what's poppin on the west coast?
What's some good hip hop and rap music out in Nigeria?
Re: Naija Rap Music? by iamSi(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
Dietrich92: Can someone put me on some hot hip-hop!

I currently listen to some Tanzania rap which is pretty good. But I want to see what's poppin on the west coast?
What's some good hip hop and rap music out in Nigeria?

ModeNine, M.I, Sanchez , OverDose, Phenom, Terry Tha Rapman , Ice Prince, Young Six ... Those are the ones am following anyways
Re: Naija Rap Music? by mikeapollo: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
iamSi:

ModeNine, M.I, Sanchez , OverDose, Phenom, Terry Tha Rapman , Ice Prince, Young Six ... Those are the ones am following anyways

Most of these guys e.g Mode9 are no more relevant in the Nigerian rap music. The style of rap music that is in vogue in Nigeria today is the new Ghana Azonto-rap style which is fast, danceable and good for parties and club houses e.g Olamide, May D etc. People want to dance, no matter the kind of song u sing.....and the Ghanaian Hiplife/Azonto rap style with the electrifying fast beats is what Nigerian musicians are now playing

2 Likes

Re: Naija Rap Music? by footreja: 9:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
Mode 9 don dey reason wetin ruggedy tell am years b4.
Re: Naija Rap Music? by iamSi(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2013
mikeapollo:

Most of these guys e.g Mode9 are no more relevant in the Nigerian rap music. The style of rap music that is in vogue in Nigeria today is the new Ghana Azonto-rap style which is fast, danceable and good for parties and club houses e.g Olamide, May D etc. People want to dance, no matter the kind of song u sing.....and the Ghanaian Hiplife/Azonto rap style with the electrifying fast beats is what Nigerian musicians are now playing

Am sorry , I dont dance .... I listen to messages that builds not the ones that wrecks.
Can you imagine 3 rap artists on d same joint, the song is meant to appreciate the existence of a Nigerian lady...guess what? 2 out of them be talking trash about how they gon be pressing ladies bossoms , how sweet they gob be entering from behind. So so dirty. But the 3rd rapper is so sane ... He's on point, Well , maybe cos he is educated sha..I won't blame none sha , d devil is at work in their brains ...fine they making the money but the money won't save them soon on the judgement day oooooooo... Why shld I listen to a song telling me to take ladies for granted ooooo? You see those ladies flaunting their hmmmmm ayammmmmaa !!! Disgusting... In their music videos what are we leaving behind for our kids ? Well I am no saint ... Am just saying, some songs are meant to be trashed regardless who listens to them or who sings them that is if we are to be godly ooooo... Dont call M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ a pastor ... Am just trying to be a good man.
Re: Naija Rap Music? by iamSi(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2013
footreja: Mode 9 don dey reason wetin ruggedy tell am years b4.

Modo knows every , he's just trying to keep hip hop, hip hop...well if that's what Nigerians want let him give it to dem now.. Let's see how he ends his career... He's forgotten you can only be who you are ...

He's forgotten he's not the first to face it ... Look @ Rakim, Eric Sermon, gangstarr, styles p etc what about Cassidy Larsiny Vs Meek Mills ... You wanna tell me Meek is better ? True meek has got the flows but SENSES ? I dont think so listen to Cassidy then you will know God is good , all the time.. Best bars of all time ... However meek is king of rap battles and of cos Cassidy is a Kinger, the king maker.. Meek will never go up against Cas .... Oya picture Other Nigerian rappers which one can go against Modo when it comes to flows... And of cos senses hmmmmm I see ONLY Vector sha .... Anyways the good things is let everyone be successful in all they do

(1) (Reply)

New Music: Mac Bizzu – Osavizay / Lovesong By Gozie Ft Bukky. / Let's Go MP3 New Collabo From Michaellem & Seedof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.