Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' (1081 Views)

Military Kills 50 Boko Haram Insurgents In Mafa, Dikwa, Kala; Rescue 500 (Pics) / Military Kills 11 Cattle Rustlers In Katsina, Arrest 39 / Nigerian Military Kills Over 300 Terrorists, Captures Many Others (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by Abu34: 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
At least 70 people are said to have died when Nigerian forces attacked those behind a raid on a barracks.

Fifty insurgents, 15 soldiers and five civilians died in the clashes as those who raided the barracks in Bama sought to flee to Cameroon, officials said.

Some 1,200 people have been killed since May, when a state of emergency was declared in the three states worst affected by attacks by Boko Haram.

The group wants to establish Islamic law in the region.

More than 20 vehicles carrying insurgents were destroyed during the latest clash, according to the statement from Maj-Gen Chris Olukolade.

He said air surveillance was used to track down those who attacked the barracks last week.

There has been no independent confirmation of the casualty figures and Boko Haram has not commented on Friday's raid on Bama.

The army used fighter jets during a fierce battle lasting several hours on Friday.

Several witnesses said that the families of soldiers were abducted during the attack, but this was denied by Gen Olukolade.

Residents said that women and children were among those killed in Bama barracks.

SOURCE: BBC
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by slimthugchimee(m): 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Space booked incase of frontpage but no real source so i wont belive it
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by Abu34: 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by Garrithe1st: 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Catch the sponsors of Boko Haram.....

Dazzall!!!

angry angry angry

Meanwhile 3rd to comment, Happy Christmas to Mukina2

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
Good. There is need for the army to do more. The fight is getting too long. I don't see why these terrorists can't be wipe-out in a month if the military really go after them.
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by c0llynz02: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Attack is the best form of defence.
Don't just sit back and wait, attack, attack attack!
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by slimthugchimee(m): 7:12am On Dec 25, 2013
sincerenigerian: Good. There is need for the army to do more. The fight is getting too long. I don't see why these terrorists can't be wipe-out in a month if the military really go after them.
thats true but will our corrupt leaders who sponsor them let that happen
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by obitwo: 7:13am On Dec 25, 2013
Good job

I just however hope, and sincerely hope that the body bags won't include innocent people
Re: Nigerian Military 'kills Bama Attackers' by Turbocharged: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2013
c0llynz02: Attack is the best form of defence.
Don't just sit back and wait, attack, attack attack!

(1) (Reply)

Public notice:I have no association with Tinubu, Dont use my name by Musiwa / Diary Of Violence In Ogun State Under Governor Daniel By Oludare Abayomi / Lagos 2015...................we Say Yes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.