Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

What Kumuyi Was Talking About - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Kumuyi Was Talking About (906 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kumuyi Was Talking About by jamael(m): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
Please. I will like this to be on front page so that it will reach out to whoever it may concern.

[/i]I greet you all in the name of the lord.
The reasons for me writing this is to:
1. Clear the air about Pastor Kumuyi's Message.
2. Show He stands for.
3. what God really wants.

The National December Retreat commenced on Friday the 20th of December 2013 with the theme : Crossing Over to a New Inheritance and Prevailing over the storms of life. (It was merged with the monthly revival programme). On the first night, the message was: The Believer's new inheritance. The aim of all messages was to take us back to "BETHEL" for God's original plan for his Children.
The message that caused the controversy was on Saturday with the topic: "ON THE LORD'S SIDE
Re: What Kumuyi Was Talking About by jamael(m): 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Now please pay attention to these:
The text was from Exodus 32:1-13; 26-29; 31-33.
In summary, it is about Moses going up to the mount and Aaron with the Israelites committing idolatory and defaming the Lord. God saw this and told Moses to come down. Then Moses asked in vs 26: [Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me. And the children of Levi gathtered themselves on to him].
He then said that Aaron was a man of the people not a man of the Book. That the church should be careful of whom the appoint as overseers, pastors and women leaders. they should have backbone and be ready to follow to word and not the people. Then he said that the church does not celebrate Xmas hence no Xmas carol and that the gathering this time of the year is called December retreat. The members were encouraged not to partake in the idolatory of Babylon.
Re: What Kumuyi Was Talking About by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Even if he said christmas is bad I don't see anything wrong in him saying that. Christmas has been so much abused that people now drink to inebriation to celebrate the birth of the one they are never really worshipping. For critics, all they need do is to pray for God's leadings and directions and forget criticising men of God.
Re: What Kumuyi Was Talking About by jamael(m): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
The injuction was that the christians should not compromise just like Aaron did but should have backbone and stand on the word no matter the persecution.
Where many miss the mark is that they were not present to listen to statements before and after the one presented by the media. This is why I have opened this thread.
A fact you should know was that emphasis on "christian" was not used as mere followers of the religion: "christianity" of those that go to church. But to those whose names are written in the book of life and will see God as in : Heb 12:14 :[ Follow peace with all men and HOLINESS without which no man shall see God" Idolatory is not the act of bowing down to idols alone. Hence he said 'idolatory of Babylon' as we know, Babylon did not Originate Xmas, but the Bible uses it to refer things that are wrong as seen in revelations
Finally, Just as white does'nt like black, so, the devil will not like the things of the Lord. Do not use the issues about Xmas to deteriorate the essence of the retreat. Things of the Lord are not comprehensive to a Child of the Devil as the Devil is the father of this evil world.as shown in 1 John 3:8.
What God wants is not giving to the poor alone, singing and praising him, if he wanted this, he will simply let stones do that but WHAT GOD'S REASON FOR SENDING JESUS TO DIE FOR YOU AND ME IS :Eph 5:26-27 [ That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a GLORIOUS church. NOT HAVING SPOT OR WRINKLE, OR ANY SUCH THING; but that it should be HOLY and WITHOUT BLEMISH] this is Pastor Kumuyi's vision and goal. Hence the bible said ;ABSTAIN FROM ALL APPERANCE OF EVIL if Xmas has an appearance of it, then abstain from it
God bless you all
The above is my opinion as a member of the body of Christ.
N.B I got sanctified and healed during the programme. May God keep us all and help us to earnestly contend for the faith.

(1) (Reply)

// / Isis Fighter Converts To Christianity After Allah Refuses Him ‘entrance To Gates / Woman's Near-death Vision Of Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.