Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) (3557 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Okorocha Prepares Imo For Christmas (photos) / Massive Crowd Welcomes Buhari At Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Umuahia, the beautiful capital of Abia State welcomes all Abians non Abians alike to this year's Christmas. Aside the city centre, there will be festivities across the over 25 towns and villages in the large city.

Other towns in the state such as Aba, Ukwa, Arochukwu, Ohafia, Abiriba, Bende, Igbere etc is already swarming with returnees.

Sentiments apart, the city is intrinsically sublime, clean and well-planned with European style narrow roads. I completely agree with those who believe the current governor T. A. Orji has not done well. But the truth is that the foundation of this city, like others in the East was laid by the British and Premier Michael Okpara. This is just few sights of Umuahia, I admit most of the pictures are blurred due to my device:

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Ikengawo: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
People like Orji need to go. We need to take leadership seriously again in the east!
Not loudmouths like Okorocha, or dullards like Ochendo.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by asha80(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
as far as orji abandoned aba he is a fool.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
I'm trying to upload more images
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ikengawo: People like Orji need to go. We need to take leadership seriously again in the east!

you opened a thread to ridicule osogbo but look at umuahia. Where are the mansions?

I've seen countless threads and posts like yours insulting T.A orji for his poor performance which shows how rough alaigbo is but you guys come on nairaland with pics of scanty and handpicked mansions and would have us believe alaigbo is like dat. Why do you guys leave your pseudo-mansions and flee to live in "mud houses" in SW and north? Why do you complain of marginalization when you all have mansions? grin.

3 Likes

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by IboKiller: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
TribalEAST: you opened a thread to ridicule osogbo but look at umuahia. Where are the mansions?

I've seen countless threads and posts like yours insulting T.A orji for his poor performance which shows how rough alaigbo is but you guys come on nairaland with pics of scanty and handpicked mansions and would have us believe alaigbo is like dat. Why do you guys leave your pseudo-mansions and flee to live in "mud houses" in SW and north? Why do you complain of marginalization when you all have mansions? grin.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by ketoprofen(m): 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
TribalEAST: you opened a thread to ridicule osogbo but look at umuahia. Where are the mansions?

Guy, its not a crying matter.
At least no area in Yoruba land looks more like a city.
Igboland is a land of mansions, live with that. its not our fault.
How dare u badmouth Aba, Aba get mansions with bad roads .
@ kponkwem, ride on biko.

5 Likes

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by ketoprofen(m): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ikengawo: People like Orji need to go. We need to take leadership seriously again in the east!

unu ga ahapu nwokem a ka o post ihe o choro post.
O buro taa ka anyi bidoro kube maka TA orji.

1 Like

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
ketoprofen:

Guy, its not a crying matter.
At least no area in Yoruba land looks more like a city.
Igboland is a land of mansions, live with that. its not our fault.
How dare u badmouth Aba, Aba get mansions with bad roads .
@ kponkwem, ride on biko.
if all houses in alaigbo are mansions then its either all igbos are rich or the poor igbos can still afford to rent a mansion. You must think everyone is as stupid as you are or have you forgotten that we are in thesame nigeria where poverty screams high? Mugu
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pictures of the Abia Tower, Old Govt House Road, Aba Road junction and Lagos Street.

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:00am On Dec 25, 2013
Abia a maka o!

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by IGBOSON1: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2013
Is that it!?

You opened a new thread just for these handful of pics?
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:08am On Dec 25, 2013
More images

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:09am On Dec 25, 2013
Pics not uploading
IGBO-SON:
Is that it!?

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:11am On Dec 25, 2013
One after another

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:15am On Dec 25, 2013
Oops

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:17am On Dec 25, 2013
More

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:20am On Dec 25, 2013
Old market and CBN house

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 12:22am On Dec 25, 2013
GRA decorated

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Abagworo(m): 12:41am On Dec 25, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Is that it!?

Lol! I believe most parts of Igboland are either under-exposed to the art of photography or there is this fear of facing criticism that informs lack of pictorial coverage even on the internet. This is not applicable only to Abia but to other parts of Igboland. I believe Owerri is also under-represented even though one can get a handful of pictures.

I've gone to skyscrappercity.com and I find Aba, Owerri and Enugu covered with Enugu getting the most coverage and Owerri behind. We need to showcase Igboland in a positive light to the world.

1 Like

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by IboKiller: 1:05am On Dec 25, 2013
These pictures show why Nigeria has poor architects. Those building designs look plain and boring. OMG!

Nigerian architects need to travel abroad and see something different.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Afam4eva(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2013
I really don't care much for Umuahia as it has no X-Factor. i wonder the day the state government will pay attention to the city of Aba.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by asha80(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2013
Abagworo:

Lol! I believe most parts of Igboland are either under-exposed to the art of photography or there is this fear of facing criticism that informs lack of pictorial coverage even on the internet. This is not applicable only to Abia but to other parts of Igboland. I believe Owerri is also under-represented even though one can get a handful of pictures.

I've gone to skyscrappercity.com and I find Aba, Owerri and Enugu covered with Enugu getting the most coverage and Owerri behind. We need to showcase Igboland in a positive light to the world.
where is this last pic located?
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by asha80(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2013
Afam4eva: I really don't care much for Umuahia as it has no X-Factor. i wonder the day the state government will pay attention to the city of Aba.
forget it....heard he is 'punishing' the city inhabitants for stoning him with pure water when he came to campaign there in 2011.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by oduaboy1: 10:46am On Dec 25, 2013
I thought alaigbo is the japan of africa.All i see is red soil
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by ketoprofen(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2013
Afam4eva: I really don't care much for Umuahia as it has no X-Factor. i wonder the day the state government will pay attention to the city of Aba.

Guy make Una relax nah.
which kind old gists be this.

@ abagworo, thanks. help me name the pics, ie which cities.
To all the haters, we love u all
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 25, 2013
There is no Abia state without ABA
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Kponkwem(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
Abia Tower of Peace

Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2013
ketoprofen:

Guy make Una relax nah.
which kind old gists be this.

its no old gist. Stop shying away from the bitter truth- alaigbo rots.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Theben(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
From what I can see, Umahia is not a city but a town.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Afam4eva(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
Theben: From what I can see, Umahia is not a city but a town.
Just like most Nigerian cities save for a few.
Re: Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
Just like most Nigerian cities save for a few.
this is the Afam4eva i want to see. Tribalism wont do you no good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Go General Go! (the Pics Of Victory) - Cramjones / Tinubu Rejects Gej's Offer Of Interim Government Vice-presidency SAHARAREPORTERS / Conspiracy To Replace Abubakar Audu After The Guber Elections Exposed In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.