Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,292 members, 7,826,157 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? (822 Views)

BIBLE Quiz:(think Twice Before Answering) / Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 25, 2013
Well to the best of my knowledge.

Most churches now encourage miracles, sudden miracle and it won't happen. I was discussing with a colleague today and I found out he was reasoning the way I was. In concidence the cab I took today same topic was raised by an elderly man.

I think people are ben misinformed and the church is playing a big role esp..in Nigeria

Most churches will ask people to come and pray from morning till night and they keep repeating this and nothing happens for many years. Are this people not thinking?

Miracle can't just happen like that, u need to work towards it. Instead of the churches to enlighten the people and empower them. They would rather be preaching prosperity and miracles that might not happen.

Fine God created us and the earth atleast he's done his own impact and its left for us human to get it right.

I'm not saying you shouldn't pray but you also need to work harder. Have seen some cases of ppl where dey re jobless for 7yrs and dey kip praying... I think sometin is wrong somewhere u are not doing rit.

One thing I also find out that this set of people jobless for many years min 5 yrs are ignorant or too proud to start from small.

God is not wicked dat u wld be praying for dunky years and he won't answer. He just want u to use your common sense.

Guys over to you.

Let's hear ur own opinions
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Ryskey: 12:18am On Dec 25, 2013
One can only succeed if no body believe in him but one can not succeed if he doesn't believe in himself. One should try and put faith to work, rather than sitting down and take what comes. Start something with what you can do, don't sit down cos of what you can't do. God help those who help themself.
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ryskey: One can only succeed if no body believe in him but one can not succeed if he doesn't believe in himself. One should try and put faith to work, rather than sitting down and take what comes. Start something with what you can do, don't sit down cos of what you can't do. God help those who help themself.

okay...

Pastors in the house... can u answer this q?
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Freksy(m): 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward". Matthew 6:5 (KJV)

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking". Matthew 6:7 (KJV)

"He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law (of God), even his prayer shall be abomination." Proverbs 28:9 (KJV)

"Then shall they cry unto the LORD, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings." Micah 3:4 (KJV)

"Yet even when you do pray, your prayers are not answered, because you pray just for selfish reasons". James 4:3 (CEV)

Prayer is a form of worship. If you pray before graven things, or images, is that going to please God?
"I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images." Isaiah 42:8 (ASV)

And when they say to you, "Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter," should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living? Isaiah 8:19 (NKJV)

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. (7) For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord." James 1:6-7 (NKJV)

Many do not pray to the father, but to the son. Many even direct their prayers to "saints". Such prayers are through who? To Jesus through Jesus, or to "saints" through Jesus? It must always be to the father (the almighty) through the son (our mediator and ransomer)

David, in one of his songs, described Jehovah as the hearer of prayer. (Psm 65:2)

Jesus prayed, not to himself, but to his father alone. He taught us to direct our prayers to His father alone, the only true God.

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You," John 17 (NKJV)

"So He said to them, When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven," Luke 11:2a (NKJV)
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
OP, I can tell you with 100% certainty God answers no ones prayers.
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
Freksy: "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward". Matthew 6:5 (KJV)

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking". Matthew 6:7 (KJV)

"He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law (of God), even his prayer shall be abomination." Proverbs 28:9 (KJV)

"Then shall they cry unto the LORD, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings." Micah 3:4 (KJV)

"Yet even when you do pray, your prayers are not answered, because you pray just for selfish reasons". James 4:3 (CEV)

Prayer is a form of worship. If you pray before graven things, or images, is that going to please God?
"I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images." Isaiah 42:8 (ASV)

And when they say to you, "Seek those who are mediums and wizards, who whisper and mutter," should not a people seek their God? Should they seek the dead on behalf of the living? Isaiah 8:19 (NKJV)

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. (7) For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord." James 1:6-7 (NKJV)

Many do not pray to the father, but to the son. Many even direct their prayers to "saints". Such prayers are through who? To Jesus through Jesus, or to "saints" through Jesus? It must always be to the father (the almighty) through the son (our mediator and ransomer)

David, in one of his songs, described Jehovah as the hearer of prayer. (Psm 65:2)

Jesus prayed, not to himself, but to his father alone. He taught us to direct our prayers to His father alone, the only true God.

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You," John 17 (NKJV)

"So He said to them, When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven," Luke 11:2a (NKJV)

hmmm coool

rationalmind: OP, I can tell you with 100% certainty God answers no ones prayers.

loool

I can't ascertain that

but the funniest thing is that some people don't pray and they are successful, these kind of people are intelligent and loyal and humble. E.g. religion is not been practiced in China, some people don't even know God, they do not worship anything, no religion, they never heard of the name God and they are living their lives and they are successful

Also lots of people abroad especially the whites.

Got me thinking.

I think it's got to do with the state of mind and power of the mind.
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
faakay:

loool

I can't ascertain that

but the funniest thing is that some people don't pray and they are successful, these kind of people are intelligent and loyal and humble. E.g. religion is not been practiced in China, some people don't even know God, they do not worship anything, no religion, they never heard of the name God and they are living their lives and they are successful

Also lots of people abroad especially the whites.

Got me thinking.

I think it's got to do with the state of mind and power of the mind.

Cool, that's a brilliant observation from you. "Answers" to prayers are nothing but fantasies, placebo effects, coincidences, ignorance, lies and the likes.
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
rationalmind:

Cool, that's a brilliant observation from you. "Answers" to prayers are nothing but fantasies, placebo effects, coincidences, ignorance, lies and the likes.

Yeah... grin

I wouldn't want to conclude prayers are nothing or fantasies, it works.. Because some people too consult and pray to the devils and it works.

Prayer definitely works but you just need to apply common sense to it. so praying to God will also work.
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 26, 2013
Hmm, how about those that dont pray but kept WORKING themselves like crazy still have not seen no "miracle", what do you call that ? Question op is what do you classify as "miracles" and "work" for miracles?
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by dalaman: 5:53am On Dec 26, 2013
There is no evidence what so ever to show that people who pray get what they want more than people who do not pray. Prayer does not work, its just a deeply held belief but in reality it doesn't work at all. If it does there will be evidence to show that it does, since it doesn't there is no evidence to back it up. I know a lot of Nigerians that are constantly praying for basic things in life without getting them while most atheist in Europe and other parts of the world have them in abundance.
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Redlyn: 6:18am On Dec 26, 2013
Prayer just makes the religious feel warm and fuzzy. But it is ineffective. For example no amputee has ever successfully had their leg grow back through prayer. I can gurantee that. why is that. Because prayer doesn't not work.
Re: Why Is God Not Answering Some People's Prayer? by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 26, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Olaye Issues The Mother Of All Prophesies For 2014 / God Once Again Warns The World - Revelation / Who Created The Devil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.