Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 (959 Views)

Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 / Mikel, African Footballer Of The Year, 2013?? / Your Best/worst Sporting Moments Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
Just a few:

Nigeria vs Ivory Coast. .Cup of Nations Quarter Finals cheesy So many people underrated Naija. But the Super Eagle proved them wrong. They silenced the Elephants. My joy knew no bounds that day.

We later went on to beat Burkina Faso in the final to win the cup. cool

Champions League Semis... Bayern Munich vs Barcelona grin grin For me, there is nothing as good as watching Barça being beaten. Not just being beaten, but being beaten mercilessly. grin Dayuuum! 7 - 0 on aggregate was just enough to silence their fans for two months...Peeeeeace! cheesy

Wimbledon - Andy Murray made me proud. He delivered when it mattered. Nothing beats that. cool

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by forumcitizens: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nigeria winning the Nations Cup.
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by emmanuelson20: 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
Barcelona vs Ac Milan 4-0 @ Camp Nou!
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2013
___
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
emmanuelson20: Barcelona vs Ac Milan 4-0 @ Camp Nou!
angry
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Toyolad(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
1)Seeing Nigeria lift d Afcon trophy ...2)seeing d golden eaglets do us proud wit d individual awards nd u17 wc trophy..3)seeing Nigeria slug it out wit d azurris of italy....4)seeing 9ja qualify for 2014 Wc...5)seeing Nigeria's world cup group.....mehn!! No beta feeling

1 Like

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Toyolad: 1)Seeing Nigeria lift d Afcon trophy ...2)seeing d golden eaglets do us proud wit d individual awards nd u17 wc trophy..3)seeing Nigeria slug it out wit d azurris of italy....4)seeing 9ja qualify for 2014 Wc...5)seeing Nigeria's world cup group.....mehn!! No beta feeling
Naija all the way. Great!

1 Like

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by forumcitizens: 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Nations Cup.
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Portugal vs Sweden 2nd leg! cheesy
Those defence-splitting passes.... The finishings ...kai!
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
forumcitizens: Nations Cup.
cool
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Krasid(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Barcelona 1 vs 3 Madrid(Copa del rey semi final 2nd leg).It was a very wonderful experience.
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Don't got time to re-write what I posted before so...

safarigirl: So 2013 has been quite an eventful year as far as football goes. From National teams to clubs, there have been many surprises. I have A LOT of favorite moments, but I'll just list 5 in order of importance.

1. Nigeria winning AFCON- I mean, come on, this has to be one of the favorite moments of EVERY patriotic Nigerian. The tension, the euphoria, the disbeleif, the shock, the amazement, the craziness. I mean, there was a worldwide explosion on twitter that day, just to tell you how big it was. We finally got some street cred and shut the haters up in that moment.

2. Nigeria winning the U-17 World Cup: Another moment worthy of the list of any patriot. Not only did we win it for a record 5th time and set a record 26 goals scored by a team, we did so with REAL U-17 boys(yes, no cheats, agree or kpai), who woulda thunk it? The style, the class, the elegance, the beauty, those boys played a sexy brand of football that wowed spectators, and made their celebratory chant of 'YES YES YES' quite famous along the way.

3. Nigeria winning Ivory Coast in AFCON: This may not have meant a lot to many, but I was ecstatic when we overcame Ivory Coast. Prior to that match, no one gave that team a fighting chance, not even Nigerians or the NFF. I still beleive that was the turning point for the Super Eagles, the dribbling, the tackles, the save s and the goals- that was world class football.

4. The demolition of Barca by Bayern: So this may not make the list of many Barca fans, but trust me, for the rest of us, this was the funniest s--hit to happen the entire year as far as football is concerned. I mean Messi and all, Barca FELL to the mighty Bayern and they fell HARD- home and away. The gifs, the jokes, the laughter, the anger, the shock and even the tears- epic. It remains a mystery what could've caused such a monumental spanking, but while they solve it, we'll just keep watching clips of that demolition on Youtube.

5. Enyeama's record 1062 minutes without conceding for Lille: I was torn between this and Mikel's goals, but I settled for this. Nigeria's goalie and captain was a force to be reckoned with from mid-September to early December. He stood between the sticks as a formidable wall for Lille and was well on his way to breaking a Ligue 1 record after denying the likes of Falcao and Gignac a place on the score sheet, until fate dealt him a harsh blow in the form of a wicked deflection. As painful as it was that Enyeama didn't get to break Gaetan Huard's record, we take solace in the fact that he still comes a close second- the only African goalie with that record and also made a record 5 goals conceded in 17 matches for Lille. The saves, the saves, and....oh yeah, the AWESOME saves got Enyeama a well-deserved recognition as a World class goalie.

So, what are your favorite football moments this year?

1 Like

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Nomski0(f): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2013

1. Nigeria vs Burkina faso

Christ! Watching this match in hall 2 common room with hall 3 boys climbing each other for seats. The cheers where deafening when Mba scored.....our porters fled for safety. They drove them from our hostel but they came back with one artifical cup. #Epic.

2. Brazil- Spain (confederations cup final.) I fell in love with Neymar during this match. Plus Spain looked like Tahiti.

3. Barcelona- Bayer Munich.

The 7up match. Both home and away.......for once, the Barcelona stans allowed us hear word. grin grin grin

4. Nigeria U-17team.

All their matches were amazing.....especially the one against Sweden in group stages. That match kept me on the edge of my seat.

5. Nigeria qualifying for Brazil 2014
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Nomski0(f): 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
safarigirl: Don't got time to re-write what I posted before so...

Great minds think alike. grin

1 Like

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2013

1) Abu Mikey playing for Edo State U-18 cricket team cool

2) FC. Barcelona's 4-0 victory over AC Milan

3) Eagles wining the AFCON

4) Golden Eaglets wining FiFA U-17 world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 1:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Nomski0:

Great minds think alike. grin
lol, true that
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2013
Abu Mikey:

1) Abu Mikey playing for Edo State U-18 cricket team cool

2) FC. Barcelona's 4-0 victory over AC Milan

3) Eagles wining the AFCON

4) Golden Eaglets wining FiFA U-17 world cup.

Mikey, you dey play cricket? shocked cool
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2013
Snoggy: Mikey, you dey play cricket? shocked cool

Yes ooo, You dey play?

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2013
1. The look on Ronaldo's face when Messi won his fourth Ballon d'or.

2. Barcelona 4 - 0 AC Milan. A pulsating come-back, if you ask me.

3. Bayern Munich 7 - 0 Barcelona. This was the best way of lecturing Barça fans on humility. Boy, I was humbled.

4. European Champions, Chelsea kicked/knocked/punched out of the UCL group stage. Enough said.

5. When Ronaldo and his partner in crime, Jessy Maureeno The Fat Lady were red-carded against Club Atlètico Madrid in the Cope Del Rey final.

6. Real Madrid 0 - 1 Atlètico Madrid. This match underlined the quality of this Atlèti team. Who knows? They might just end the Spanish league duopoly.

7. Manchester City 6 - 3 Arsenal. Most people tagged this match a 9-goal thriller, but in all fairness and honesty, this match reeked of awful defending, infact, it was a comedy of errors. I tagged it, Dreadful Defending At Its Peak.
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Yes ooo, You dey play?

Nah! I no even understand the game sef grin
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by moufan: 1:54am On Dec 31, 2013
There were so many of them.
1) Nigeria winning the afcon
2)Lionel messi winning the ballon d'or
3)Bayern munchen destroying barcelona
4)mourinho's Madrid desecrating Barcelona
5)'the happy one' Jose mourinho returning to Chelsea
6)blessing okagbare winning medals at the world championships
7)our beloved golden eaglets winning the world cup
Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by ROCKJ1(m): 5:06am On Dec 31, 2013
Everyone is thinking alike... i have the same thoughts too... but my favourite is our winning the Afcon. it was wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by 4reigningqueen: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
My hero scoring a 'nation unifying' first EPL goal.

Can you beat that?

Re: Your Best Sporting Moments In Year 2013 by Snoggy(m): 5:26am On Jan 02, 2014
4reigningqueen: My hero scoring a 'nation unifying' first EPL goal.

Can you beat that?
. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Trophy Damaged By Mystery Germany Man / 3:2 France Vs North Korea (Live) Half Time / BREAKING NEWS:- Di Maria Out With Season Long Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.