Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature (1640 Views)

Dear Seun , Can We Have A 'save' Feature On Nairaland / Town In Brazil Made Up Entirely Of Women Has Made An Appeal For Bachelors / Meet Your Favourite Nairalander (New Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WackyJ1(m): 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
I think My topic says it all

Dear Seun
We need that feature that twitter has where you can save tweets that you like, here on nairaland.

I see great posts in many sections and topics, ranging from, those giving tips, how to dos, advice and just generally dispersing knowledge and i want to be able to save those particular posts without having to save the page or follow thr people that made those posts.
I think it is about time to have that feature, it can even be the first new feature on nairaland in the coming year...
Thank you,
WackyJ1 on behalf of members

Members cosign with your likes. And any further suggestions concerning this particular feature can also be made here. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by AbuMikey(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2013

I'm fully in support of this.

NB: I don't need it tho, 'cos I can always get any post I've come across. cool

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WHees(m): 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
How about a dislike feature? What do you think?
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Dhurmynick(m): 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

I originally thought about this. Not you. It's an hate link.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WackyJ1(m): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Maybe nairaland will follow suit after Facebook decides to implement a dislike feature. Besides if you don't like it, it is always possible to ignore and if there are any reasons for disliking they can be stated after quoting a post.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WackyJ1(m): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
Abu Mikey:

I'm fully in support of this.

NB: I don't need it tho, 'cos I can always get any post I've come across. cool

Now pray tell how do you do that.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Emmyk(m): 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
#Justpassingby#
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Seun(m): 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
Great idea; thanks! We will implement a "My Likes" feature so you can see all the posts that you have liked!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by AbuMikey(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
Seun: Great idea; thanks! We will implement a "My Likes" feature so you can see all the posts that you have liked!

That would be the best thing that ever happened on NL since the annihilation of the Garri Army on NL grin

2 Likes

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Lionbite(m): 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
Seun: Great idea; thanks! We will implement a "My Likes" feature so you can see all the posts that you have liked!
nice! But..... My likes are different from my favs
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WackyJ1(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2013
That is a good idea
But as this poster said
Lionbite:
nice! But..... My likes are different from my favs

My likes might get crowded for most active likers. Excepy it wouldn't be too much trouble to implement both features
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Seun(m): 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Abu Mikey: That would be the best thing that ever happened on NL since the annihilation of the Garri Army on NL grin
It's done. Visit your profile to find the link to "Posts That I've Liked". The direct link is www.nairaland.com/mylikes and you must be logged in!

Lionbite: nice! But..... My likes are different from my favs
Slightly. Let me know if you're not satisfied with My Likes after using it for a few days.

WackyJ1: That is a good idea But as this poster said. My likes might get crowded for most active likers.
Why would you like a post if you never want to see it again?
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by WackyJ1(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Seun:
It's done. Visit your profile to find the link to "Posts That I've Liked". The direct link is www.nairaland.com/mylikes and you must be logged in!

Slightly. Let me know if you're not satisfied with My Likes after using it for a few days.

Why would you like a post if you never want to see it again?

Sigh
1. Because it was funny to me, AT THAT TIME ( it probably won't be funny to me again and it doesn't mean i took it seriously)
2. BECAUSE I AGREED with what the person said AT THAT TIME, (doesn't mean i want to keep seeing the comment over and over again)

Also that place will be filled with mundane posts that i have liked since the like feature was implemented and it would take me time to really find those truly important posts that i wish to review except i start unliking ofd course...
Those things are the tiny differences, comparing to twitter i would say that not Everyone favs what they retweet. They might retweet their favs but they might never fave all their retweets.
Thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sir Seun,

while I appreciate your contineous effort to make Nairaland a better place, I do request for 2 things which are:

1 ability to see people who like a particular post. Let it be visible to the public,

2. Ability to see people who view my profile.

Thank you.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by MissIndependent(f): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
2s£xy:
Sir Seun,

while I appreciate your contineous effort to make Nairaland a better place, I do request for 2 things which are:

1 ability to see people who like a particular post. Let it be visible to the public,

Thank you.
Seconded especially number 2. sad
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
MissIndependent: Seconded especially number 2. sad
smiley
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Seun(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
2s£xy:
Sir Seun,

1. ability to see people who like a particular post. Let it be visible to the public,

Thank you.

1. No.

2. Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by opeyemmmy(m): 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
2s£xy:
Sir Seun,

Thank you.

1. This isn't obtainable in any forum/blog that I know of.

2. I don't see any need for it.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Seun:

Cool feature, the thing is that I have now changed my mind about some posts that I liked in the past and started unliking them.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by kid7soccer(m): 12:11am On Dec 29, 2013
Pls seun also ablity to see who replied or quote my post. This will help save time. Thanks for ur consid....
Seun:

1. No.

2. Why?
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by An0nimus: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2013
To be honest, maybe my memory fails me but I think I've seen more changes on NL in the last two months than the other ten months of this 2013. Its happening so fast now I won't be surprised if NL changes the green theme before December 31st.

Btw, I don't really dig that "Posts I've liked" Feature. Not too necessary if you ask me.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by An0nimus: 12:19am On Dec 29, 2013
kid7soccer: Pls seun also ablity to see who replied or quote my post. This will help save time. Thanks for ur consid....
Search for your username using local search.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 29, 2013
opeyemmmy:

1. This isn't obtainable in any forum/blog that I know of.

2. I don't see any need for it.

how many forums have you been to?

At Warrior Forum, when people like a post, it's always visible to everyone to see who like a post and also, when people view your profile, you will see it.

At NamePros, same thing. You even get notified when you or someone like a post.

On facebook, you can see who and who like a post/comment.

Sir Seun, It's okay if you don't want it that way. I was only trying to make your property much more appealing to users.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2013
2s£xy:
Sir Seun,

Thank you.
numba 1 is okay,but I tink I wil disagree wit no 2 cos its of no use and it wud cos nuttin but e-fights cos dats wen u start hearing.--- is stalking me bla bla bla......d like button on d profile pic is okay olready.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2013
Booty butt chic: numba 1 is okay,but I tink I wil disagree wit no 2 cos its of no use and it wud cos nuttin but e-fights cos dats wen u start hearing.--- is stalking me bla bla bla......d like button on d profile pic is okay olready.
Ma'am, that's naija reasoning... Why isn't it so at international forums?

Except Seun's reason for refusing would be for the same reason you just opined.

Why does the listed social sites allow it if it was wrong or bad?

Naija, i hail thee.

Or he could make them visible to ONLY the owner of the handle whose profile is viewed or whose post is liked.
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
2s£xy:
Ma'am, that's naija reasoning... Why isn't it so at international forums?

Except Seun's reason for refusing would be for the same reason you just opined.

Why does the listed social sites allow it if it was wrong or bad?

Naija, i hail thee.

Or he could make them visible to ONLY the owner of the handle whose profile is viewed or whose post is liked.
which internatonal sites?facebook,twitter nor various famous sites has it moreover we musnt do everytin evry foreigner is doin,we musnt kiss asses,we have a mind of ur own,we are smart in diff ways,if seun had been doing wat others have been doing,Nairaland won't be where it is now......dat idea of seeing does viewing ur profile is bad!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by MissIndependent(f): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by Seun(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Likes will always be anonymous. This decision is final and won't be changed.

Logging profile viewers is an interesting idea, but I think we won't do it because of members might be able to guess who liked their photos if the feature is implemented, and because Nairaland is an "anonymous" forum, so the focus should be on board and topic activity, not profiles.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal For The Addition Of A "Save Posts/ Favourite Posts" Feature by tunapa2009(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Seun: Likes will always be anonymous. This decision is final and won't be changed.

Logging profile viewers is an interesting idea, but I think we won't do it because of members might be able to guess who liked their photos if the feature is implemented, and because Nairaland is an "anonymous" forum, so the focus should be on board and topic activity, not profiles.
good development and nice work..(But you can still reconsider the OP feature.)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Translation Of 'happy Christmas' In Different Languages / I Need An Idea On Exportation Business / 100% Soccer Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.