Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland (18549 Views)

Poll: Cursing people: Is this a Christian thing to do?

Yes: 13% (10 votes)
No!: 86% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
The thieves must have received so many curses from their victims till date.

Lets see if this latest round of cursing will make a difference

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

Speak of only what you are sure of bruv.

The sole purpose of his death was to redeem us from sin.(matt 20 vs 28)"FOR THE SON OF MAN DID NOT COME TO BE SAVED BUT TO SAVE AND TO GIVE HIS LIFE AS A RANSOM FOR MANY.
He did not die bcuzz he wanted to replace all legalism and codes of law in OT but to save us from death as a result of our sins.

What happened then to the dietary, hygiene and cleanliness laws in the OT. Do you observe them? If you don't why not?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by emina(m): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2008
House,

Anybody that curses his/her enemy is ungodly, because revenge is for God and God alone, and come to look at it, if you curse your enemy or kill as some would want to do by them selves calling on God, then who will repent or who are you going to preach to. How many enemies did Christ Kill? we say we are christians !
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

What happened then to the dietary, hygiene and cleanliness laws in the OT.  Do you observe them?  If you don't why not?
This is an entirely diff ques and i might answer you only if you answer ma ques first.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
emina:

House,

Anybody that curses his/her enemy is ungodly, because revenge is for God and God alone, and come to look at it, if you curse your enemy or kill as some would want to do by them selves calling on God, then who will repent or who are you going to preach to. How many enemies did Christ Kill? we say we are christians !

so wat do u suggest we do to our enemies? smiley
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
Which of these do live your life by?

Discharge of bodily fluids. Bodily discharge refers primarily to natural and unnatural genital flows, but not to open wounds from accidents.2 Childbirth, via its association with the discharge of the bloody placenta from the vagina, rendered a woman unclean for forty days for a male child, eighty days for a female child (Lev 12:1-cool.

Onset of menstruation rendered a woman unclean for seven days (15:19-24; cf. Ezek 36:17) and any unnatural genital flow of blood rendered her unclean until seven days after that flow of blood ceases (15:25-30). Ordinary marital intercourse rendered the couple unclean until evening (15:18; cf. Exod 19:15), while inadvertent intercourse with a menstruating woman rendered the man unclean for seven days (Lev 15:24), and deliberate intercourse with such a woman, a practice Ezekiel lists as a sin (Ezek 18:6; 22:10), made both subject to divine "cutting off" (Lev 20:18).
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by agaba123(m): 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
At huxley what's your point?

He shoukd have not cursed them?

I bet you even if he did not prounouce the curse, they were already cursed
I think he actually witheld the curse when he gave them a span of time to report and return the loot or be cursed.

How dare you steal from God.

And what happened after the curse?

I heared they have been arrested.

And what do you call woe? when Christ said woe betide you . . . .what was he doing?
He would end up by saying if you do not trun away from your sins . . .
Puleese take it easy while you use the bible to explain what you do not know.

Look I am not a member of Oyedepo's church. I am a catholic by your info.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

What happened then to the dietary, hygiene and cleanliness laws in the OT.  Do you observe them?  If you don't why not?

wat has dat got to do wt anything?u r going offpoint,like tpia said b4 huxley u think u know alot about christianity but u know nothing
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

Which of these do live your life by?

Discharge of bodily fluids. Bodily discharge refers primarily to natural and unnatural genital flows, but not to open wounds from accidents.2 Childbirth, via its association with the discharge of the bloody placenta from the vagina, rendered a woman unclean for forty days for a male child, eighty days for a female child (Lev 12:1-cool.

Onset of menstruation rendered a woman unclean for seven days (15:19-24; cf. Ezek 36:17) and any unnatural genital flow of blood rendered her unclean until seven days after that flow of blood ceases (15:25-30). Ordinary marital intercourse rendered the couple unclean until evening (15:18; cf. Exod 19:15), while inadvertent intercourse with a menstruating woman rendered the man unclean for seven days (Lev 15:24), and deliberate intercourse with such a woman, a practice Ezekiel lists as a sin (Ezek 18:6; 22:10), made both subject to divine "cutting off" (Lev 20:18).
Missy B:

This is an entirely diff ques and i might answer you only if you answer ma ques first.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by agaba123(m): 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2008
which church dis bobo de go sef before i begin to waste my saliva
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
agaba123:

At huxley what's your point?

He shoukd have not cursed them?

I bet you even if he did not prounouce the curse, they were already cursed
I think he actually witheld the curse when he gave them a span of time to report and return the loot or be cursed.

How dare you steal from God.

And what happened after the curse?

I heared they have been arrested.

And what do you call woe? when Christ said woe betide you . . . .what was he doing?
He would end up by saying if you do not trun away from your sins . . .
Puleese take it easy while you use the bible to explain what you do not know.

Look I am not a member of Oyedepo's church. I am a catholic by your info.

No, I was simply asking whether by cursing them he was doing what JC would have approved of. It seems inconsistent to me given JC is supposed to have said that we shld luv our enmies and turn the other cheek.

If a man comes into your house and takes away your shirt, give him your coat also - I think that is what JC said.

So it sounds inconsistent that he would curse these thieves in JC names when the bible clearly required the opposite - possibly opening the doors wide and letting them come in and take more stuff.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
Matthew 5:

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41 If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

No, I was simply asking whether by cursing them he was doing what JC would have approved of.   It seems inconsistent to me given JC is supposed to have said that we shld love our enmies and turn the other cheek.

If a man comes into your house and takes away your shirt, give him your coat also - I think that is what JC said. 

So it sounds inconsistent that he would curse these thieves in JC names when the bible clearly required the opposite - possibly opening the doors wide and letting them come in and take more stuff.
Huxley stop using the bible to your advantage,stop turning it upside down angry

Read btw the lines,wen Jesus said turn d other cheek wen u're slapped,i think he meant DO NOT RETALIATE.
So he should ve blessed the thieves or given them more?

What did Jesus do to d pple wen he realised they have turned the Temple into a market place?
Did he curse the Fig tree or not?

Listen,God is a merciful God but also A GOD OF JUSTICE.Christainity isn't stupidity.I can't give you biblical evidence that its ryte for him to curse them if he realli did but i say STOP JUDGING AND STOP MISQUOTING THE BIBLE.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by agaba123(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2008
did you read my post?
if you a member of JW
no point
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2008
agaba123:

which church this bobo de go sef before i begin to waste my saliva
No need cuss he doesn't go to church nor believe in God.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2008
agaba123:

did you read my post?
if you a member of JW
no point

I have no religion nor do I belief a god exists.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
Its GOD not god.And of course gods realli don't have to xist but there's a GOD.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

I have no religion nor do I belief a god exists.

yeah right,long hissss
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
Im getting the feeling that:

A. Huxley is a lost soul
B. Something most of happened in his life for him not to believe in any God
C. Huxley is searching for some twisted amusement.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
Huxley if you like run away as usual which i'm still findin it diff to know why but grant ma request jare.If after ma ques u still don't change ur opinion abt God den i'm off ur case its ur bizniz
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

I'm getting the feeling that:

A. Huxley is a lost soul

A: False
B: False
C: False

I am actually very happy and content with my life.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

Huxley if you like run away as usual which i'm still findin it diff to know why but grant ma request jare.If after ma ques u still don't change your opinion about God den i'm off your case its your bizniz

What is ur question, then, my dear?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 11:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

A. Huxley is a lost soul
As hard as it is to blive,I SEE HUXLEY SERVING GOD.I'm not sayin it bcuzz i want to but i've got strong reasons why.
Whatever his reasons are,HIS DAY IS COMING SOON.GOD WILL SOON ARREST HIM.If saul can change,why won't Huxley
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 11:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

A. Huxley is a lost soul

dont mind him,he logs on dis forum opens threads upon threads,pretending he wants to be educated by christians,wen we all know dat no amount of education will change his psycho,keep criticisng and condemning pple huxley,d more u try the more u make no sense
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

A:  False
B:  False
C:  False

I am actually very happy and content with my life.

If you are so content, why do you find yourself questioning The Bible? A content person wouldn't see the need. You are searching for something. You don't know what but you are searching. But you will find it . . .

And you might want to talk a good look back at those proposals i made about you before you go off saying false, false, false.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

What is your question, then, my dear?
Dis is d trick u alwaz use on me,u tell me to go ahead nd wen i do,u run away.
well check ur christainity thread i asked 2 ques der b4.Wen u answer those ones,i'll ask more
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
rampant:

don't mind him,he logs on this forum opens threads upon threads,pretending he wants to be educated by christians,when we all know that no amount of education will change his psycho,keep criticisng and condemning people huxley,d more u try the more u make no sense

Some of you guys love what I do, that is why I do it. Keeps both of us bz.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

Dis is d trick u alwaz use on me,u tell me to go ahead nd when i do,u run away.
well check your christainity thread i asked 2 ques der before.Wen u answer those ones,i'll ask more

Just tell me now. I shall be going in 10 minutes. If you get them right here now I might answer them b4 I go.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by agaba123(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2008
You don't have a religion and you do not believe in God,
you cannot understand the bible boooo

case closed with you
you can only analyse it like a literature
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2008
agaba123:

case closed with you

Utter rubbish and delusional
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

[b]Some of you guys love what I do, [/b]that is why I do it.  Keeps both of us bz.

u wish,but ur wish wont come true
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2008
agaba123:

case closed with you

tell him jare,anumanu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'how T.b. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / ‘How Catholic Church Handled Vote Buying In 1979’ / Shiloh 2018 Begins This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.