Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,639 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't (1533 Views)

Dont Root Ur Phone ,from Experience / Finally!!! U Can Now Root Ur Itel Phones & Other Android Phones Successfully. / Finally U Can Now Root Ur Tecno T1 (this Is D Only Working Method) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Performance, Performance, Performance:

Android is an absolutely awesome open source mobile OS for smartphones. The only problem is that with manufacturer’s own version of UI layered upon with bloatware, the performance of the phone could become sluggish, and thus ruining your phone usability. With every update of Android, the performance of the hardware just gets better and better. Rooting your phone and installing your own custom ROMs available online gives a new lease of life even to the first generation of Android Phones. And we are talking stuff like – New windows opening up faster, App menus loading faster and UIs being more responsive.

Hardware / Software Interaction:

Stock Android installations often tend to have bottlenecks when it comes to performance. With a rooted Android OS, this is removed and hence the performance is tweaked. Overclocking the processor is much easier, and even certain functionalities can be enabled which are not present in the default install – e.g. CPU and GPU overclock to boost performance, 3d acceleration and gaming.

Freedom:

Take for example my Android phone – Samsung Galaxy S duos. It came with Android 4.0.4 (or the ics), and I hate to wait for bloody ages to get the carriers upgrade it to jellybean. It will eventually be done, but I will have to wait for ages for the update. If I have my phone rooted, I could easily upgrade my phone with the readily available custom ROM.

Apps2SD:

One of the most important features that rooted phones support is that you can install Apps to the SD Card, instead of clogging up the phone memory. Although, the performance of apps which are installed on the SD card is a bit inferior to the ones on phone. This comes in very handy when you need to backup Apps, since most of the 1st and 2nd generation Android phones don’t come with a lot of internal memory.

Unavailable features:

With the root, features such as face unlock, google now and many more will surface through a custom rom update. also with the features of installing a custom recovery such as clockworkmod recovery to be able to backup your stock ROM for crashing days.

Multi-touch:

This is yet another major feature which is enabled by rooting your phone. ‘Nuff said. mostly for first generation android devices

Apps from other builds:

The whole wide world of the Android market is your oyster. But also, you can get apps from Custom ROMs which are integrated from other builds – such as Switchers that can toggle WiFi connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS , Microsoft Exchange to support work mail, etc.etc. The list is endless. [Well, not endless really, but you know what I mean).

Because you can:

The most ultimate reason. Because you are the BOSS. It’s your phone which you paid your hard earned money for. And you are not letting the shitty default installation ruin the experience for you.
From my guy Hollaslyd wink

then this is 2 good reasons why you should not root your android device

Might Expose You to More Security Risks

In layman's terms, rooting a distribution is practically achieved by exploiting a security flaw and installing an application (like SuperSU) to manage requests for elevated permissions (that are enabled once the security flaw is exploited).

Theoretically, this means that the distribution is more secure because there is one less security concern to deal with and because users have an app that lets them know when another app wants to use elevated permissions. However, it's a double-edged sword that's more dangerous than you think.

In reality, novice Android users are likely to get inundated with a bunch of requests and they end up accepting them all, as the reasons for the requests are not exactly easy to understand and folks just want their software to work. You should definitely not fall into the same trap, if you are not familiar with elevated Android permissions. Here's what could happen.

Mishandling root access is a major security issue, as it practically opens the door to unwanted access, data leaks and theft, hardware failure and so on, if the developer has malicious intent. It is also worth noting that root is especially a security risk in corporate environments, where dealing with sensitive data is involved.

To top it all off, CyanogenMod founder Steve Kondik, the man behind one of the most popular custom Android distributions, believes that rooting Android 4.3 "might severely compromise the security of the system". The third Jelly Bean iteration, and likely its successors too, is slowly moving Android in the no-root-allowed direction.

Say Good-Bye to the Warranty

As we all know, manufacturers are not keen on honoring warranty claims for devices modified by their customers. That includes both hardware and software alterations, the latter of which includes root. Except for a few companies (Google with its Nexus lineup springs to mind), most Android makers will void the warranty on your device, if it has been rooted.

To make matters worse, Android makers also go to great lengths to know whether your device has been rooted and prevent you from hiding it, if it was. Samsung's latest bootoaders for the Galaxy S4 make it impossible to reset that information, at least momentarily. Considering that good smartphones are not cheap, it's wise to take this into consideration.
http://naijaphones.com/2013/12/7-reasons-why-you-should-root-ur-android-device-2-good-reasons-you-shouldnt/

you can contact me on rooting or unrooting, pimping and installation of all HD games... for quick reciprocation, drop ur comment on my blog... thanks
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by sirantonio(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2013
How do I root samsung s3 gt 193000
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by psalmdave(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2013
No one really cares bout the disadvantages u mentioned.......mostly in this part of the world
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by pinpinkay: 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
pls help .. I want to root my HTC desire
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by jswift: 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
how can I Root my opsson version 4.2.2
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
pinpinkay: pls help .. I want to root my HTC desire

1. Unlock Bootloader (if not already unlocked).
2. Install Jelly Bean compatible Custom Recovery.
3. Flash Super User and Install Busy Box.

or check this link for full tutorial here

you still can't, meet me if you reside in lagos ,, thanks
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
jswift: how can I Root my opsson version 4.2.2

use framaroot 1.6.x DOwnload here

install n select gandolf, after some minute, reboot n u re done

remember to
Goto Settings => Security => and check/click “Unknown Sources“
Enable USB Debugging on your phone Goto Settings => Applications => Development => tick/check USB debugging .
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
sirantonio: How do I root samsung s3 gt 193000

Use this link for easy steps

if u still can't , meet me.... or along the process u re stock in any place , visit my blog for quick reciprocation
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
psalmdave: No one really cares bout the disadvantages u mentioned.......mostly in this part of the world

sure
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by caslord(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
Front page pls...
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
caslord: Front page pls...

Will be glad if it did hit smiley it will be like a christmax present from SEUN #OptimisticMe
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by Xxpress(m): 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
is it possible to unroot a rooted phone.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by kelzabel(m): 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pls ow do I check wat version of OS my galaxynote 10.1 is?thnx 4 ur response
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
Xxpress: is it possible to unroot a rooted phone.

very much possible, the reason that'll make u unroot is if you want to return ur device for warranty sake
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
kelzabel: Pls ow do I check wat version of OS my galaxynote 10.1 is?thnx 4 ur response

settings>about device..... then click ur android version 5 times or more
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by pinpinkay: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
NEROSKY:

1. Unlock Bootloader (if not already unlocked).
2. Install Jelly Bean compatible Custom Recovery.
3. Flash Super User and Install Busy Box.

or check this link for full tutorial here

you still can't, meet me if you reside in lagos ,, thanks
where in lagos do u stay
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Ur Android Device & 2 Good Reasons You Shouldn't by NEROSKY(m): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
pinpinkay: where in lagos do u stay

orile

(1) (Reply)

Is NCC Sending Free Credit - NCC-CARD ? / 5GB Data Transfer For #1200!!how True Is It?? / How To Get Free 100mb On Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.