Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,994 members, 7,852,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

One Day The Table Will Turn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One Day The Table Will Turn (428 Views)

Catch Of The Day! The Huge 719-pound Alligator Killed By Hunter In Florida / NECO Exam Would Be Canceled One Day / Where To Get NECO Time-table? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Day The Table Will Turn by naijagraduates: 3:19am On Dec 27, 2013
During the week I took ill and decided to seek for medical attention, on my way I stumbled on one of my lecturers who just hit an okada driver who also happened to be an acquaintance. The situation was so bad that despite the jeans trouser the okada man was putting on,the crowd could clearly see a dying man with cut all over his belly and his testicles peeping out of its sac and blood stains all over the guys body with various deep cuts. The clinic we rushed him to (Jaja Clinic in the university of Ibadan) couldn't give him pain relief injections or first aid. After the doctors wasted quality time waring gloves and aimlessly walking around doing nothing they finally pronounced he has been referred to The University teaching hospital(UCH).
So basically what am trying to say here is these are the things we face as "common man" on the daily. As citizens or as youth despite the fact that we do not have a place in the National budget we can't access health facilities too. Don't be surprised the okada guy in question is a Graduate and the question you would ask is "what the heck" is he doing on a "sunny bloody thursday" in the busy city of Ibadan when he can conveniently be at work in he's office or in he's work place trying to be productive. A BIG SHAME ON YOU AND I if we continue to allow our leaders distribute okada's and keke and make them believe they are doing us a favour or empowering us.
And in the words of beautiful Nubia one day the table would turn.
Ehis Abuya
National coordinator
(Lagos inauguration is top on our agenda now-10 and 11 january 2014 mass rally and loud awareness let's us all be part of it)
Join our conversation on FB
www.facebook.com/naugnigeria
And www.naug.tk

(1) (Reply)

J2EE Online Training In India, USA, UK, Japan, France, Canada, Malasiya / URGENT: Need Contact Of Any Student In A.B.U Zaria. / Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.