Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Swarm Of Evil Fish Injures 70 Swimmers In Christmas Day Foot Attack - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Swarm Of Evil Fish Injures 70 Swimmers In Christmas Day Foot Attack (756 Views)

PHOTOS: Wizkid’s And Waje’s Manager Involved In A Car Accident On Christmas Day! / I Haven’t Had S*x Since Last 7 Years,i Need A Husband In Christmas' Kemi Olunloy / Afrocandy: The Audacity Of Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Swarm Of Evil Fish Injures 70 Swimmers In Christmas Day Foot Attack by nathandrake(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2013
A species of piranha known as Pygocentrus palometa (maybe—"validity questionable," says Wikipedia) is reportedly responsible for a number of injuries to swimmers in Argentina on Christmas day. The area was experiencing a holiday heat wave, so people headed to the beach to cool off...and promptly got their toes chomped by a bunch of dickwad fish.

Via HuffPo:

A swarm of biting fish injured more than 70 people who were bathing at a popular beach in Argentina on Christmas, a medical official said on Thursday.

A seven-year-old girl had her finger partially amputated and dozens more suffered bite wounds on their extremities from the fish, a relative of the piranha called "palometas," said Federico Cornier, the director of emergency services in the city of Rosario.

"This is not normal," Cornier said on television. "It's normal for there to be an isolated bite or injury, but the magnitude in this case was great ... this is an exceptional event."
Ugh, that's awful. HUGE sympathy to everyone whose holiday/love of swimming was ruined.

Like, hey water, could you maybe do me a solid and not confirm all of my paranoid apprehensions about the terrors that lurk in your depths? And on Christmas!? Everyone knows that piranhas are nature's atheists—they probably say "happy holidays" and insist that Santa has scales too. Dicks. #WarOnFishmas

Re: Swarm Of Evil Fish Injures 70 Swimmers In Christmas Day Foot Attack by psalm68(m): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
*In kumuyi's voice*
christmas is idolatrous grin
Re: Swarm Of Evil Fish Injures 70 Swimmers In Christmas Day Foot Attack by FBICIA(m): 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Is this 4real? I thought piranhas was just a film?
Strange act ℓ☺ℓ cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Bet Awards 2013: Winners List / Types Of Beauty Women Posses / If You Slap Me, I Will Still Clean Your Shoes — Don Jazzy Replies Eedris Abdulka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.