Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) (5638 Views)

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Jonathan Attends Oritsejafor's Jubilee Festival In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Leaders like Gov. Obi will Change Nigeria for Better – Chimamanda

The renowned writer, Mrs Chimamada Adichie Esege said that Gov. Obi had remained a source of pride and inspiration to many, noting that many more leaders like him were needed to change Nigeria for better. She was speaking yesterday at a thanksgiving mass at St. Paul’s Catholic Church, Abba to commemorate Diamond Jubilee of Chimamda’s parents – Prof. James Adichie and Mrs Grace Adichie- marriage.
The officiating priest and the Parish Priest of the Church, Rev. Fr. Dr. Mike Alozie who also said that Nigeria needed leaders like Obi, described Obi as God-sent. He said the Governor had uplifted Anambra State to a position of pride.

Earlier in his sermon, the Homilist, Rev. Fr. Dr. Hycinth Ichoku said that successful marriages should be celebrated to encourage younger couples to remain united with faith in God in tackling marriage challenges. He lamented that many marriages are now in serious crises because people have completely forgotten the essence of marriage and substituted God’s will by their own wills.

In his remarks, Gov. Obi, accompanied by his wife, Margaret and two children, Amaka and Eloka,said that one of the greatest achievements of his Government was rebuilding human infrastructure. He said that equipping people with the right conception and perception of life would engender better attitudinal change for a better society.

While expressing the need for positive role models for the younger ones to emulate, the Governor expressed satisfaction with the commendable dividends being harnessed from the return of schools to the Church, noting that students of the State now record excellent results in internal and external examinations.

In another development, Gov. Peter has called on Nigerians to learn to make sacrifices for the greatness of the country. He was speaking at a thanksgiving mass for Chief Vincent Obianodo (the Young Shall Grow) at St. John Catholic Church, Neni.
Speaking at the event, a well know transporter, Chief Chidi Anyaegbu (Chisco Motors) called on the federal Government to emulate Gov. Obi who had transformed Anambra roads by embarking on massive reconstruction of federal roads in the country.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Caption: Gov Obi's son Eloka, Chimamanda, Gov Obi, Gov Obi's daughter Amaka and wife

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Caption: Sir Victor Umeh and wife, Bishop Ezeokafor, Chief Vincent Obianodo (the Young Shall Grow)Gov Obi and wife, Chief Arthur Eze, Chief Chidi Anyaegbu (Chisco Motors).

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by asha80(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Peter Obi has bribed Chimamanda Adichie and family-Free Globe.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
Whoa! Peter Obi's daughter and son are this big and beautiful. Not like a particular gov whose daughters are all over-weight like GP Tanks....? grin

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
asha 80: Peter Obi has bribed Chimamanda Adichie and family-Free Globe.

Sarcastically, you want to draw fire..? grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Arthur Eze was at the event too.. cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Peter Obi and Chimamanda..

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
Peter Obi and wife with Chimamanda's parents.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
Chimamanda and her husband (fair guy)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
I was invited by Chimamanda's cousin to attend the ceremony but I couldn't make it because of time. I hope to meet her for the first time when she comes to Lagos again. cool
Congrats to her parents. cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
berem: I was invited by Chimamanda's cousin to attend the ceremony but I couldn't make it because of time. cool

I di kwa sure? Show us your IV, because we all got IVs to be able to attend.. cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
one.east1:

I di kwa sure? Show us your IV, because we all got IVs to be able to attend.. cheesy
I refused to take an I.V because I know I wouldn't make it. Her cousin Cynthia Adichie is a friend of mine and my family. cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Lilimax(f): 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
one.east1:

Caption: Gov Obi's son Eloka, Chimamanda, Gov Obi, Gov Obi's daughter Amaka and wife
Eloka look like the father so much wink.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Lilimax(f): 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
one.east1:
Caption: Sir Victor Umeh and wife, Bishop Ezeokafor, Chief Vincent Obianodo (the Young Shall Grow)Gov Obi and wife, Chief Arthur Eze, Chief Chidi Anyaegbu (Chisco Motors).

All those red cap Chiefs in that picture.... sad
Fa a na-agakwa uka or do they just pose in picture with Chimamanda and the Bishop
for publicity stunt ?tongue

BTW, good to know that The Young Shall grow boss have recuperated
after his shooting incidents sometime ago smiley.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Ogojohn(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
one.east1:
Whoa! Peter Obi's daughter and son are this big and beautiful. Not like a particular gov whose daughters are all over-weight like GP Tanks....? grin
Something must be wrong with our IGBO folks. They are too haughty. If the IGBOS had won the civil war. I wonder what the rest of the county will be doing now. God truly knows our potential. IGBOS. I wonder o.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by wonlasewonimi: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
berem: I refused to take an I.V because I know I wouldn't make it. Her cousin Cynthia Adichie is a friend of mine and my family. cool

You missed babe. There were loads of nylon bag takeaways full of meat, jollof rice, ila asepo and fufu.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by oneeast1: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
berem: I refused to take an I.V because I know I wouldn't make it. Her cousin Cynthia Adichie is a friend of mine and my family. cool

Ok oo

Kam jili ujo kwelu.. cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

You missed babe. There were loads of nylon bag takeaways full of meat, jollof rice, ila asepo and fufu.
smh! Was that my reason of going to the ceremony? You funny o! grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Lilimax:
Eloka look like the father so much wink.
I hope he doesn't have tiny voice like his father? That one go be total phuck up! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Lilimax(f): 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
berem: I hope he doesn't have tiny voice like his father? That one go be total phuck up! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
That type of voice is not so easy to come buy in guys...?
I like it smiley
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Lilimax:
I like it smiley
You like it? shocked
HELL NO!!

#teambaritonevoice# cheesy cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by FreeGlobe(f): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Thats Chimamanda thanking the evil for sponsoring her parents anniversary. Bunch of thieves. Someone had to drag Rochas family to this irrelevance. lol. Rochas's achievements always speaks for him. Peter has non
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by FreeGlobe(f): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
This guy said his biggest achievement in 8 years is "human infrastructure" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by owobokiri(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Still looking at Obis daughter! Akpata oyi.. This adaigbo take vex fine o. Chei!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by IKEMBANNEWI: 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
one thing i love about my state(Omanbala) is that, every community is striving to produce someone that'll show their location on the world map. It's no doubt the state has the highest numbers of prominent Igbos. Nnewi produced Ikemba,Ogidi produced Achebe(Google Ogidi and you'll directed to an Acebe page) onitsha produced the great zik, Oko produced Ekwueme and so forth.
God Bless AlaIgbo! cool

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
berem: I was invited by Chimamanda's cousin to attend the ceremony but I couldn't make it because of time. I hope to meet her for the first time when she comes to Lagos again. cool

See famzing grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
FreeGlobe: Thats Chimamanda thanking the evil for sponsoring her parents anniversary. Bunch of thieves. Someone had to drag Rochas family to this irrelevance. lol. Rochas's achievements always speaks for him. Peter has non
THIS GUY NEEDS A SERIOUS MEDICAL ATTENTION. TOMORROW HE WILL COME OUT AND START INSULTING HIS PARTY LEADER (TINUBU) MMA IHU ABUO
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by CODEEATER(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Lilimax:
I like it smiley
I have it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by FreeGlobe(f): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
AKUNWATA1: THIS GUY NEEDS A SERIOUS MEDICAL ATTENTION. TOMORROW HE WILL COME OUT AND START INSULTING HIS PARTY LEADER (TINUBU) MMA IHU ABUO
How many times will I tell you blockhead I don't support any party? I support individuals. You clowns will surely die on top my matter one day o
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by eaglechild: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
I just love the Adichies.

A family of intellectuals, just like the Iwealas and Akunyilis.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Parents Celebrates Diamond Jubilee In Anambra (pictures) by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Obi is a very blessed man.

Congrats to the Adichie's.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divorce: Why I Am Leaving Pastor Chris - Anita / Tension As Osibanjo Slept Off As Oshiomole Was Addressing APC Chieftains- PIC / Roads Will Be Fixed Immediately After The Rainy Season - Enugu State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.