Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss (2370 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks / Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by DonColz1(m): 1:24am On Dec 28, 2013
The Lagos State Police Command on Friday arrested Kaveh Noine, a manager with Toppan Printing Company, who allegedly kicked his pregnant subordinate, Alexandra Ossai, in the stomach two weeks ago, causing her to lose her pregnancy.
PUNCH Metrohad, on Tuesday, exclusively reported that Noine, a Lebanese, travelled out of the country when policemen attached to the Area F Police Division initially went to the company, to invite him for questioning.
Following the publication, President Goodluck Jonathan, had on Friday directed that the police and the National Human Rights Commission investigate the matter, expressing his displeasure over the incident.
However,Saturday PUNCHgathered that Noine was arrested on Friday by the Lagos State Police Command in Kano where he had fled to on Friday and brought him back to Lagos.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the story. She said, “Even before President Goodluck Jonathan ordered an investigation into the case, the Lagos State Police Command has been on it.
“In the course of our investigation, we discovered that Noine was still in the country; he had fled to Kano. Our men traced him to Kano, arrested him and have brought him back to Lagos.
“Presently, he is making his statement now at the command. The issue of bail, has not come up for now.”
Ossai had inPUNCH Metro’sDecember 24, 2013 publication, alleged that Noine assaulted her several times during her eight months stay at the company. Noine had allegedly hit Ossai in the chest a day before kicking her in her stomach over some misdemeanor by those whom Ossai supervised.
She also alleged that Noine was in the habit of physically assaulting workers at the company with anything he could lay his hands on, whenever he was angry.
The 34-year-old mother of one was said to have developed pains in her tummy which lasted for two days before subsiding. The pains were said to have begun again in the early hours of December 16, 2013, resulting into an emergency surgery at a private hospital at Fagba.
Her seven-month pregnancy was allegedly lost to the kick, as a result of a broken placenta. Ossai’s appointment with the company was allegedly terminated as a result of the incident and two of her siblings who also worked there were sacked.
Already, the Lagos State Public Advice Centre has waded into the case and offered Ossai free legal aid. The Public Relations Officer of the centre, Mr. Alex Omorodion, said, “We are going to liaise with other security agencies in Lagos State to see this matter to a logical conclusion. We also intend to visit the factory and talk with other workers to determine if more people have been abused by Noine. Then we will prosecute Noine at the conclusion of our investigation.”
WhenSaturday PUNCHcontacted Ossai, she said, “I am really happy about the arrest. The rest is left to the police and my lawyer.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/battered-pregnant-woman-lagos-police-arrest-lebanese-boss/

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by asala1: 4:45am On Dec 28, 2013
He needs to face the music, Nigerians are abused in their country by foreigners. Lots of these incidents are still unreported.

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by rodeo0070(m): 6:59am On Dec 28, 2013
Laudable!

But I very much doubt this matter will see the light of the day, since Niger-area police don involve now. I'm appealing to Mr. President to please see this matter thru. He should not leave it totally in the hands of the police. They are already considering bail

“Presently, he is making his
statement now at the command. The
issue of bail, has not come up for
now."

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by tols4gorgeous(f): 7:00am On Dec 28, 2013
Nice one LSP!!!
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by tunaps(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2013
A step in the right direction. Hope other bosses learn from this.
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 28, 2013
Punch and their crooked style of reporting news.

When it is a police case in rivers, punch would simply say, "the federal government through the commisioner of police in rivers are doing blah blah blah". Now it is in lagos state, even though, just a couple of days ago, rueben abati a federal government aide, had promised nigeria that the presidency will follow this case to the later, what do we see from punch unlike in rivers, "the lagos state police" instead of their usual the FG through the lagos as is always the case of rivers.

The day punch will start reporting news as it is, that day i will go back to my usual buying of punch.

Why it is hard for all this oppostion newpapers to give Goodluck his deserved credit is just a big question for well meaning and discerning nigerians.

Lwkmd! See headline na" the fg police harrass amaechi" the same fg police in lagos turns to " the lagos state police saves".

@ topic! Nice one and kudos to our president for fulfilling his promise of coming to the aide of the poor woman.

3 Likes

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by hooged: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2013
@OP PICTURE OF THE LEBANESE BOSS PLS
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2013
I hope the woman beater won't be released on bail. He should be prosecuted and thrown behind bars for such inhuman behaviour. Let him serve as a lesson to those foreigners who think slavery cannot be outlawed in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Ishilove: 8:13am On Dec 28, 2013
babyface333: Punch and their crooked style of reporting news.

When it is a police case in rivers, punch would simply say, "the federal government through the commisioner of police in rivers are doing blah blah blah". Now it is in lagos state, even though, just a couple of days ago, rueben abati a federal government aide, had promised nigeria that the presidency will follow this case to the later, what do we see from punch unlike in rivers, "the lagos state police" instead of their usual the FG through the lagos as is always the case of rivers.

The day punch will start reporting news as it is, that day i will go back to my usual buying of punch.

Why it is hard for all this oppostion newpapers to give Goodluck his deserved credit is just a big question for well meaning and discerning nigerians.

Lwkmd! See headline na" the fg police harrass amaechi" the same fg police in lagos turns to " the lagos state police saves".

@ topic! Nice one and kudos to our president for fulfilling his promise of coming to the aide of the poor woman.
Guy, what is all these? Must you people politicize everything? The important thing is justice is being served for someone who has gone through a horrendous experience, so what is the meaning of this GEJ themed epistle?? Is GEJ the matter here, or an abused woman? What is wrong with Nigerians?

GEJ approves of investigation and his followers are like "HURRAH!!!"

"GEJ builds roads"
Followers: "HURRAH!"

"GEJ pets baby, weeps for the country."
Followers: "HURRAH!!!"

It is only in Nigeria that political leaders are lauded for doing what they were appointed to do in the first place. Mscheeew angry

@Op, it is very unfortunate we don't have working labour laws in this country. I don't know why someone will keep physically assaulting me because I work under him? It is so maddening.

4 Likes

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2013
Hey you!
Go and ask punch why they politicise everything. Why cant they report news as it is, instead od twisting it to their interest to hoodwink unsuspecting citizens like you.
Ishilove:
Guy, what is all these? Must you people politicize everything? The important thing is justice is being served for someone who has gone through a horrendous experience, so what is the meaning of this GEJ themed epistle?? Mscheeew angry

Op, it is very unfortunate we don't have working labour laws in this country. I don't know why someone will keep physically assaulting me because I work under him? It is so maddening.

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Ishilove: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2013
babyface333: Hey you!
Go and ask punch why they politicise everything. Why cant they report news as it is, instead od twisting it to their interest to hoodwink unsuspecting citizens like you.
Hey you!!

I don't have that kind of time. I read different papers for balanced reporting. Virtually all the papers twist the news to promote some insiduous agenda which unsuspecting citizens like you have absolutely no idea about.
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Etumgbe(m): 8:23am On Dec 28, 2013
How I wish police will not take bribe so that this man will go to jail.
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by SexyFox(f): 8:58am On Dec 28, 2013
Abeg make una give me garri and groundnut
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by jarkbauer: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2013
hooged: @OP PICTURE OF THE LEBANESE BOSS PLS

does your babalawo need his picture?
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Tsmooth1(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2013
I am not commenting.
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by horlajide: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2013
He should be charged with-
Assault
Fleeing from Justice
Infact murder should do

What we ask For-
No bail
Swift sentencing
Appropriate jail term
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2013
Nice move,let us show those chinko whites that Nigerian can't be pushed around,and taken for granted in our country. We have had enough of their colonization,and abuse of our people.

He should be made a scape goat,and deported back to his filthy country.

Smello people.

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Temismith(f): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2013
Make den maltreat him john thomas. ‎هيهحفهؤ هيهحف حب ش جثقسحى بحق يشف ةشففثقز

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by slimfit1(m): 10:04am On Dec 28, 2013
Do we have to scream before these people know that they have to do there job ? The president should be ashamed of him self for not putting in place a well trained and proactive police force in place. So every body has to call mr president before you get justice?

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by kokoA(m): 10:12am On Dec 28, 2013
He's lucky to have escaped the "aluu treatment". After this his wahala he had better pack his load jeje and go back to his country o if not him workers go take am play baseball o.. Mcheewww! Blowdy lebanese fa! Chai! We haf suffered.. Smh.. If not for our bad leaders, lebanese supose dey pack our shiyte and clean our yansh for us.

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2013
Hey you!

Why editing your post to get likes? Anyway, as you edit so i reply you.

Now with that your small tiny brain that you cant use to cmprehend and analyse nigeria political terrain, why not go to your usual litreature and romance section and continue dishing out your usual fairytale stories.

So, you dont understand my post berating punch newspaper for their propaganda and political hatchet job. Now let me break it down for you.

If fashola was the one that has taken over this case, punch headline news would have been " fashola orders the police to investigate", if it was amaechi it would have been the same headline.

Now GEJ has ordered this as being earlir corroborated by abati and what we see in punch headline is : " lagos state police instead of GEJ".

But if it was police commisioner of rivers state doing his duty, what punch will say is " the federal government( GEJ) police have harrased amaechi and not the rivers state police.

Now are you too daft to understand that nigerian politics go hand in hand with propaganda through this media outlets to score points and always tarnish their opposition's image.

What is it with if GEJ does this, his followers rejoice. You see how ploitically daft you are? As you a follower of buhari and tinubu rejoice in GeJ's misteps, so do well-meaning nigerians like me applaud him in making our lives better.

You can continue to live in fool's paradise as you base is literature were everything is fiction, why politicians who are attune with reality keep on dishing out real life uppercuts on themselves.

I pray you become a president of this country one day, so that you will see how it feels when you put all your best efforts to better the life of the ordinary citizen and a hatchet paper like punch, will twist and say it was naptu that did that work and not ishilove. Then you will know what it means for a paper to mislead the public just because they hate ishilove and love naptu(oppositio,).
Ishilove:
Guy, what is all these? Must you people politicize everything? The important thing is justice is being served for someone who has gone through a horrendous experience, so what is the meaning of this GEJ themed epistle?? Is GEJ the matter here, or an abused woman? What is wrong with Nigerians?

GEJ approves of investigation and his followers are like "HURRAH!!!"

"GEJ builds roads"
Followers: "HURRAH!"

"GEJ pets baby, weeps for the country."
Followers: "HURRAH!!!"

It is only in Nigeria that political leaders are lauded for doing what they were appointed to do in the first place. Mscheeew angry

@Op, it is very unfortunate we don't have working labour laws in this country. I don't know why someone will keep physically assaulting me because I work under him? It is so maddening.

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by daylae(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2013
very good news.

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Segadem(m): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2013
Chei! the photographer tried no be small.
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by ejifranks(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2013
My Dearest Country Nigeria is Improving!!! Nice move
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by ejifranks(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2013
babyface333: Punch and their crooked style of reporting news.

U read my mind!!!i Think they are paid to politicise every issue...
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by rodeo0070(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2013
Temismith: Make den maltreat him john thomas. ‎هيهحفهؤ هيهحف حب ش جثقسحى بحق يشف ةشففثقز
He should be hung by his d'ck...

1 Like

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Horus(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2013
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Horus(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2013
Yomieluv: Nice move,let us show those chinko whites that Nigerian can't be pushed around,and taken for granted in our country. We have had enough of their colonization,and abuse of our people.

He should be made a scape goat,and deported back to his filthy country.

Smello people.

He should not be deported he should he should receive capital punishment
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by otokx(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2013
Tempted to say the man own don finish but Nigeria is a country where 5 > 22 so let us observe.
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Arosa(m): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2013
This is what I want to happen in this case, the victim should sue the accused for N10milion. This case should be made a civil case not a criminal one so that the guy can go back to his business. undecided
Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Horus(m): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Arosa: This is what I want to happen in this case, the victim should sue the accused for N10milion. This case should be made a civil case not a criminal one so that the guy can go back to his business. undecided

Are you a Lebanese?, so you want the Killer to simply go back to his business after paying a "bribe" of N10milion?. He should be hanged immediately. If a Nigerian do the same to a pregnant Arab woman in an Arab country he will be executed. People treat you the way you allow them to treat you.

2 Likes

Re: Battered Pregnant Woman: Lagos Police Arrest Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
kano ke ?? dis man try oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

AIT Is Saying That APC Leading Is False / How My Father’s Jailer Can Offer Nigeria A Fresh Start By Lola Shoneyin / Power Plant Commissioning: Black-out Now Severe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.