Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha (561 Views)

IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions / Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting / Breaking News- Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha by DonColz1(m): 1:34am On Dec 28, 2013
One person was reportedly killed yesterday in Onitsha while 10 others sustained various degrees of injuries during a clash between the police and members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB.
According to an eye witnes, trouble started when a motorist was allegedly flagged down along the Onitsha/Owerri Road in Onitsha by a police team on surveillance and as he obeyed, argument reportedly ensued between the motorist and the police.
The MASSOB members around, who have been controlling the traffic since the yuletide season began, felt they should come to the rescue of the man and reportedly intervened. The action, it was learnt, led to heated argument which resulted in a cladh between MASSOB and police which resulted in the death of one MASSOB member instantly.
Consequently, the MASSOB members in anger barricaded the ever-busy Onitsha / Owerri road for two hours and made bonfire with fairly used tyres, forcing traffic flow to divert to the Obosi by-pass.
The corpse of the dead MASSOB member was said to have been taken to the Awada Police Station.
Contacted on the incident, the Onitsha Police Area commander, Mr. Benjamin Wordu confirmed the incident but said that trouble started when MASSOB and a rival group had a bloody clash.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/one-killed-10-injured-police-massob-clash-onitsha/
Re: One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha by seanet02: 1:44am On Dec 28, 2013
Good one by the Nigerian police.
You should have carpet bomb all of them

3 Likes

Re: One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 28, 2013
The police regularly use MASSOB members as target practice at the slightest provocation and nothing happens.....

As usual..this is the worst they do...protest:

Consequently, the MASSOB members in anger barricaded the ever-busy Onitsha / Owerri road for two hours and made bonfire with fairly used tyres, forcing traffic flow to divert to the Obosi by-pass
Re: One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha by seanet02: 2:01am On Dec 28, 2013
ilugunboy: The police regularly use MASSOB members as target practice at the slightest provocation and nothing happens.....

you forget the ultimatums that never expires
Re: One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 28, 2013
ilugunboy: The police regularly use MASSOB members as target practice at the slightest provocation and nothing happens.....

I suspect those policemen to be Yorubas. I doubt an Ibo policemen fighting MASSOB members.
Re: One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 28, 2013
payless:

I suspect those policemen to be Yorubas. I doubt an Ibo policemen fighting MASSOB members.

Definitely not Ibo policemen....the cowardly MASSOB will go and revenge against such Ibo police family members.
Re: One Killed, 10 Injured As Police And MASSOB Members Clash In Onitsha by DonColz1(m): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2013
payless:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive! Gbenga Ashafa Set To Declare Lagos Governorship Ambition / Write for Proudly Nigerian Network / Mention ONLY ONE Thing You Really Need Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.