Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,808 members, 7,837,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning (7122 Views)

The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) / Osun Budgeted 198 Billion With 89 Billion As Recurrent For 2015 / Nigeria Marks 100bn-barrel Oil And $600 Billion With More Poverty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by ZACHIE: 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
taharqa: What does a loud-mouthed OLODO like you know, Bros??

That was a duncical thing to say.
I will excuse you this time because you are actually a dunce
Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by postemail: 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
torkaka: The rubbish PAAR where values are increased with out any just cause simply because of revenue drive?
The same PAAR that takes forever to come thereby mounting lots od demurrage?
If this PAAR thing was so good, customs should explain to Nigerians why they had to give waivers in their circulars for assessment notices to be generated without PAAR? They should explain to Nigerians the current cause of congestion at the ports? They should explain why it is now taking forever for containers scheduled for scanning examination are taking forever, they should explain why officers at the ports are habitually using wrong HS codes to intimidate importers!
Nigerian customs is a big joke!!

You got that trade alert from customs, too? Import assessment without PAAR till January 31st.
Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by ZACHIE: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
I am equally doing Assessment without PAAR.
it is already 2weeks i have submitted for PAAR without seeing any.
Yeye people.
Now the Assessment requires CAC approval before despatch to terminal. 2days already wasted on that.
It is a rule that whatever you do, whatever policy, not minding any regulatios, Customs must make money for Government and for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
torkaka: The rubbish PAAR where values are increased with out any just cause simply because of revenue drive?
The same PAAR that takes forever to come thereby mounting lots od demurrage?
If this PAAR thing was so good, customs should explain to Nigerians why they had to give waivers in their circulars for assessment notices to be generated without PAAR? They should explain to Nigerians the current cause of congestion at the ports? They should explain why it is now taking forever for containers scheduled for scanning examination are taking forever, they should explain why officers at the ports are habitually using wrong HS codes to intimidate importers!
Nigerian customs is a big joke!!

Thank you...

I had a PAAR that the transaction invoice value was uplifted from USD$80,000 to USD$300,000 for no reason ...a normal duty assessment that shouldn't be more than 1.5m was jerked up to 6.5m.

I just dumped the PAAR and took the final shipping documents to CACommand and I was assessed for the correct value..

Presently PAAR is a joke.
Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by shizzle11(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Akinmail:

It's impossible to 'develop' a brain boy! If at all i need something like that then it will mean i'll need to grow more brain cells.

BTW, yes i know i'm a celebrity but you didn't introduce yourself. Boy where are your manners!
F00l. What have you to contribute to the thread? Of course nothing sensible.

iddiots like you have to introduce yourselves, I don't have too. Direct your silly question to your illiterate mother who did a pretty bad job in raising you, celebrity my waste bin. Coward.

I know your type, however, I will not not give you the satisfaction of going back and forth with you. Enjoy your bumpy ride alone.

Oponu!
Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by shizzle11(m): 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
indeed NCS has always been a big joke. They have been trying for over a year now to stop cotecna from issuing RAR, now they have succeeded, all because they want to seek more ways to corner more funds and exploit importers the more. Imagine Dikko claiming that cotecna which has hitherto been issuing RAR is not qualified to discharge such responsibility...lol
Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by GentleFrank(m): 8:41am On Dec 30, 2013
Good !
Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by Ediss(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2013
I love. Nigeria customs service wink wink don't check my DP o
Re: Customs Service Saves Nigeria N27 Billion With Document Scanning by Akinmicky: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
post.email:
What really gets me riled about this country is that even bureaucrats still play politics with the rest of us. This comptroller is quoting huge sums to justify the transfer container scanning and duty assessment from Cotecna, Globascan, SGS to Nigerian customs.
Go to the ports, these custom Officers set up different squads to extort from importers: there are DC squad, Releasing Officer Squad, ICU Squad, Enforcement Squad etc. These are all from the same bloody customs. Now you have to settle them to get PAAR out on time starting from January.You have to deal all these squads. Dealing with them means settling them. Then you still have to settle police, anti-bomb squad, NDLEA and SON. You ain't done yet! You have the customs at the port gate to Settle. If it's at night, so called "Manufacturers Association" are cruising the oshodi-apapa to festac-agboju gate looking for container haulers to extort.
Lucky you if you aren't heading to Ojo-Alaba. The Nigerian Army (Ojo barracks) have setup an extortion racket with omoniles at Volks junction. You have to pay a toll of 10,000 for 20ft container, and 14,000 for 40ft container. Without this payment you can't cross to Alaba. If paying the Army touts isn't enough, you have pay the Ojo local government touts -2500/3500 for 20ft/40ft container. Ojo police have their own racket with the local government touts opposite Ojo local government gate. You'd notice a white canopy with burly men. They are police guys in mufti with the LG touts.The police charge 1000 toll for 20ft container. The "olopas" aint done yet. They still have their RRS squad at Saint Peter junction extorting 1000 for each haul.
After dealing with all these crazies, you still have the local touts at every main junction to settle. They aren't cheap! The least is 3000 for a 20footer.
The whole import thingy is a mess. Labour touts in the port are brazenly stealing your goods at the port. Custom officers are begging for samples. You have to give samples to all to avoid victimization. The roads are horrible!!!! Transporters are at your jugular! Damn Nigeria!

You have said it all, good observation

(1) (2) (Reply)

657,000 Pvcs Abandoned In Oyo State / Abia Central: Uncertainty Over Removal Of Onuigbo As APC Senatorial Candidate / Peter Obi Leads In Plateau State With Over A Million Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.